PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Council

Darth Turbogeek
Apr 14th, 2001, 12:55:05 AM
Regarding rules for promotion.

Is it a requirement that the Padawan be active not just in the B&G but also on the battlefield, which is the reason why we exist?

Sage Hazzard
Apr 14th, 2001, 01:25:05 AM
"Although I am not a Council Member I have something to say on this matter.

The Jedi are about Peace throughout the universe. How one does this may be interpetted in many ways. One can fight the ones making chaos, or they can choose to talk things out and make the enemy see the error of their ways. If this can be done in the B&G I don't see how they are any less of a Jedi. They are still fighting for what they believe in, simply in a differant way."

Hart Kenobi
Apr 14th, 2001, 01:36:39 AM
Well, a padawan should at least have SOME battle experience. It's so easy to say everything right during a meditation or something, but it's completely different observing if that person actually listens to what he preaches. A LOT of padawans just go out and godmode. If they didn't fight, no one would know. But they don't need to fight all the time.

Master Yoghurt
Apr 14th, 2001, 05:29:29 AM
A minimum condition for promoting a Padawan to the level of Knight, should be a certain amount of participation in the Roleplays. It must be showned that he/she is able to follow the rules and act in character of a Jedi.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 14th, 2001, 09:27:52 AM
Agree with Yoghurt. I believe the Masters should keep an eye on their padawans activities. Making sure their training is going well, and suggesting when they are ready for the BG. I usually do this after I spar with them a bit.