PDA

View Full Version : COUNCIL VOTE About access(yes, another)

ReaperFett
Apr 20th, 2001, 01:42:41 PM
its about access. Most groups say if you have access in one board, you cant in another. Are we eith that, or do we let any in?

And no voting on 'depends', there cant be a middle ground

Nichos Marr
Apr 20th, 2001, 01:46:32 PM
Most groups say that? Can you please list the groups that do here? Much appreciated.

ReaperFett
Apr 20th, 2001, 02:00:12 PM
side note, when the vote is over, I resign as a councilor, getting sick of people whining at me

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 20th, 2001, 04:22:49 PM
After thinking this over some...I have to agree you can only have access to one of the sides close forums.

Sorry to hear you want to resign Fett.

Nupraptor
Apr 20th, 2001, 04:45:34 PM
I strongly disagree. Many people have no trouble keeping OOC knowledge just that. I myself have access to the locked forums of many other groups.

To be perfectly honest, I think that everyone makes too much of a deal out of this: Rarely is there anything really secret going on inside locked forums. Heck, a good 70% of the threads in here are simply about promotions.

ReaperFett
Apr 20th, 2001, 04:49:25 PM
until there is something big. ANd then you accidentley say in a Sith board. And then they all know

Nichos Marr
Apr 20th, 2001, 05:01:12 PM
Yes but is it fair that Nuppy has access to Avalon and locked forums of opposing groups, while I am denied of it? That falls under prejudice...

Nupraptor
Apr 20th, 2001, 05:08:24 PM
Fett: Hasn't happened so far, and it's been over a year. :p Nobody ever "accidentally" lets anything slip out. Unlike simple talking, you have until you finish writing your post to change anything you're going to say.

Some things have to be handled on a case-by-case basis. While some people are completely trustworthy, others simply aren't.

Also, all admins have been aware of which characters that I play, so it would be very unwise for me do something which could easily get me banned. Again, I think everyone is being too paranoid.

Liam Jinn
Apr 20th, 2001, 05:08:45 PM
it would fall under some predjudice thing Nichos but Nup is trusted...I don't know what people think of you so I can't say much

I say you can have access to both locked forums..it might take time to gain the trust for it though..

Nichos Marr
Apr 20th, 2001, 05:10:33 PM
Nup: Oh...so the rule is allowed to bent for trustworthy people?

Nupraptor
Apr 20th, 2001, 05:14:44 PM
In a word: Yes. For those that don't know already, our rather famed Jedi, Darth Turbogeek, also played a character that was the leader of a powerful Sith group. Was there any worries that information would be leaked back and forth? No.

Nupraptor
Apr 20th, 2001, 05:17:16 PM
Might I add that the good majority of information leaked between groups occurs over AIM, making the point almost moot. If someone posted secret info here about some Sith plan, I'd wager none of us would want to act on it, seeing as how that is against SWFans rules.

ReaperFett
Apr 20th, 2001, 05:18:23 PM
Nup, I never knew you were more than one character until you said so a few days ago

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 20th, 2001, 06:07:35 PM
Now I knew Nup had other characters (well atleast one) BUT..did NOT know you had access to close forums, Nup.

To be honest I really don't recall the name and I have NO knowledge of his rank if any if he belongs to a sith group. I think along time ago..one name was mentioned to me again..with no knowledge of him being anything but a new person with no access to close forums. I suppose DT knows more about this.

Nupraptor
Apr 20th, 2001, 06:24:42 PM
I think I've made it fairly clear that I also play Darth Rane, among other characters. Not only did I annoince it when I first made the character (Damien Killcannon), but all of his pictures are stored at http://Nupraptor.clanhappy.com, for those that care to check. He's undergone a name change, but I've never bothered to hide the fact that I play him.

Furthermore, I told you that I played him when I introduced him in your thread, Fett, where you created the "Evil Reaperfett".

ReaperFett
Apr 20th, 2001, 06:28:44 PM
where did you announce it?

Also, we have 3 Jedi captured. We want to rescue them. Shall we speak here, or on the Sith board, so they can all see it? Makes no difference

Nupraptor
Apr 20th, 2001, 07:10:18 PM
Shall we speak here, or on the Sith board, so they can all see it? Makes no differenceOnce again, you are focusing on the wrong point and totally ignoring the other things I have said. If you feel that I am a security hazard, then I suppose I wouldn't make a very good member of this group.

Also, I already said when I announced that I play that character: Before I posted in your Evil Reaperfett thread many months ago. Just because Darth Rane isn't in the spotlight (ie, posting on at SWFans) doesn't make it my fault that you forgot. It's fairly common knowledge that Lounge Lizard and myself have a multitude of characters. If that's a problem, then it should have been mentioned earlier.

Even if I were to go and request that my Locked Forum Access be revoked at the other boards, that wouldn't really be possible, seeing as how I am an Admin at some of them.

ReaperFett
Apr 20th, 2001, 07:16:36 PM
oh, Im sorry, because you posted it, that means you told all admins? BS

Nupraptor
Apr 20th, 2001, 07:25:27 PM
A) Posting is a valid way to inform a group of such information. B) I sent many E-Mails and Instant Messages to the parties involved, making them aware of this ahead of time. Once again, your failure to grasp the points at hand astounds me.

Nupraptor
Apr 20th, 2001, 07:34:21 PM
Case in Point:

pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstit...=510.topic (http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicfrm15.showMessage?topicID=510.topic)

Morgan Evanar clearly states in an Open Forum at SWFans that Rane and I are one in the same, without any inhibitions. Why is this? Becuase everyone knows it! It's like saying that LL plays Sanis... it's not a large surprise to anyone at all.

ReaperFett
Apr 20th, 2001, 07:38:06 PM
ok, why didnt Leia know?

Nupraptor
Apr 20th, 2001, 07:51:30 PM
To be honest I really don't recall the name and I have NO knowledge of his rank if any if he belongs to a sith group. I think along time ago..one name was mentioned to me again..Sounds to me like she said she couldn't remember.

And yet again you are missing the point. It's like you purposefully pick something irrevelant and only reply to that. How about clicking on the link I provided, regardless of the fact that you posted in that thread? It's public knowledge.

When I decided to return to the GJO, it was because I only recalled IC problems that seemed to be under the process of being corrected. Thank you for reminding me that there were a great number of OOC reasons, as well.

ReaperFett
Apr 20th, 2001, 08:00:21 PM
and what are they? Me? Others? Distrust of Sith? Me not agreeing with you?

Nupraptor
Apr 20th, 2001, 08:10:29 PM
A) That it is painfully obvious that I play Darth Rane, and no attempt has been made to hide this fact.

B) I went to great lengths to make sure that all the proper steps were taken, including informing you and many others about this character before even creating him.

C) That the Darth Rane account is the EzOp for an enemy board, and therefore impossible for me to not know what's going on there.

D) Any information that is leaked to an enemy faction is almost always done over AIM.

E) And, last but not least: If I were to go and, right now, tell all of TSE your plans to do something, it would be a ban-able offense. They would not use this information since it is clearly something they're not supposed to know and they, too, could suffer punishment for acting on it.

You are purposefully antagonizing me and it is gorwing tiresome.

ReaperFett
Apr 20th, 2001, 08:13:46 PM
I will stop now, as its painfully obvious someone will gut the other otherwise, but I want to end with this question: How many of your chars are in locked forums?

And Im not purposly trying to annoy you, Im asking questions. You are the one being belittling

Nupraptor
Apr 20th, 2001, 08:18:44 PM
2 characters that are allowed in the locked forums for 3 groups, with the possibility of a third character soon being allowed in to another.

Edit ~ Any belittling remarks were because of the fact that I had to repeat myself until I was the equivilant of being blue in the face before you would acknowledge what I had to say.

ReaperFett
Apr 20th, 2001, 08:20:32 PM
thankyou. I will now leave the thread, because its annoying

Nichos Marr
Apr 20th, 2001, 08:33:53 PM
Well I know I am not in any position to inquire, but this whole situation seems fishy to me.

pub56.ezboard.com/fgjofrm...D=32.topic (http://pub56.ezboard.com/fgjofrm1.showMessage?topicID=32.topic)

Nupraptor, it seems you have a lot more then three characters in there. Forgive me if I'm being annoying, I'm just a little curious. And not to quick to tell Fett who your third character is? Sorry again if I'm passing off as an insufferable annoyance. :)

Nupraptor
Apr 20th, 2001, 08:42:50 PM
Not a problem, Nichos.

Fett asked how many characters I have with access to locked forums. That number is currently three:

Nupraptor
Xao Shedim
Darth Rane

Nichos Marr
Apr 20th, 2001, 08:45:01 PM
Ok sorry for asking, just a little curious...It's my disposition. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Nupraptor
Apr 20th, 2001, 08:53:28 PM
When I get back on my main computer, I'll do0 my best to compile a list of every character I play in order to avoid confusion like this in the future.

Force Master Hunter
Apr 22nd, 2001, 03:38:52 AM
??????????

I would hve thought the question is.... can people with access to locked forums be trusted? The other point is that as DT, I am hell on infiltrators and letting slip info is infiltration and bannable. The fact is, I have a good idea as a SWFans admin who is who.

Now I personally believe that three or four people can be trusted to know what OOC and IC is and act accordingly. I would be hesitant of others.

The rule for infiltration of GJO states that a person will be banned for infiltration IF THEY DO NOT REVEAL themselves to a Council member. There is no requirement that the character be exposed in here before being cleared nor do I think there should be! What characters you have are your own business and as long as there is a degree of exposure, what's the issue? I for one did play a major Sith, yes but nothing got out did it? That is how it must be played and there is no accidents. If an accident occured, I believe access to here should be revoked forthwith and a please explain issued.

I dont believe we should be back at the time of one person, one character like that -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-head Rama thinks but clearly rules are there and they should be maintained. I would say if Reaperfett wants to know what Nup's characters are, yes that is appropriate. Not in here tho, offline.

Nupraptor
Apr 22nd, 2001, 04:24:41 AM
I have nothing whatsoever to hide, so I'm just going to compile a list of every character I play shortly. Mind you, that list will be about 30+ names long, but I don't have any qualms about it, so long as it avoids confusion like this in the future.

Nichos Marr
Apr 22nd, 2001, 10:17:04 AM
I would also be willing to do this if need be.

TUJK
Apr 22nd, 2001, 10:35:15 AM
Hmmph.

Fett. You're way too ornry for your own good.

Let's see, some things I want to say here and now...

1) Personally I don't care what forums you have acess to. if you prove yourself capable of not crossing OOC knowledge between you characters, and don't run off at the mouth, there's no reason not to be let in... unless you don't want it. (one of my Padawans has stated that much, which works for me.)

2) As DT said, if he wants to, he can track down with reasonable certainty the characters that a person plays if they post on the SWFans board. So there's no hideing from inquisitive minds.

3) All access should be on a case by case basis, as it has been as far as I know... let a couple of Admins discuss it on AIM... we don't need a massive cluttering up of it in here... unles there's a big question on someone's admitance (in which case, there's enough reasonable doubt to say now, at least IMO)

AmazonBabe
Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:00:41 AM
TUJK, I couldn't have said it better myself. :) Here, here!