PDA

View Full Version : So, how long has it been since I was last here?

Figrin D an
May 1st, 2001, 11:31:24 PM
Don't answer that... I really don't need to know....

Well, all of the academic responsibilities in my undergraduate career are finished. In a week and a half, I'll be a college graduate. It's a great feeling... to finally be done with all of the projects, papers, exams... it was definately a busy academic year... I'm surprised I didn't give myself an ulser, but hey, I'll take what I can get away with. :) I'm sure commencement will be filled with some mixed emotions, but I'll deal with that later. It's just been nice to finally relax a little and do some things I've been wanting to do for some time now.

Anyway, I should be around some more, since I won't have the whole school thing consuming my every waking moment. Let me know if I can be useful...

Sage Hazzard
May 1st, 2001, 11:47:12 PM
In answer to the question in the thread title "too long" :D

I was wondering, what's your GPA?

Figrin D an
May 2nd, 2001, 12:08:42 AM
Well, my final grades for this semester aren't in yet, so I can't say for sure. But, if I get the grades that I am expecting for this semester, my cumulative should be around a 3.4. It probably could have been better if I had not participated in many extra-curricular activites, but I wouldn't change anything for a minute...

Hart Kenobi
May 2nd, 2001, 12:10:32 AM
Well, just congratulations in general with your stuff :)

Sage Hazzard
May 2nd, 2001, 02:58:08 AM
Good job man. 3.4 is pretty good for a 4 year average.

My 29 year old brother had like a 3.8 GPA. He only got one B and that was in a class that had you watch a program and then write notes on it. The only problem, the program came on at like 4 in the morning! So he got a bad grade.

Grades are not always your fualt. Sometimes it's the class. I mean, he didn't know that the program would be coming on at that time. And he wouldn't have taken it otherwise. He tried to get out of it, but he couldn't. Things like that can really mess with your final average, so don't think less of yourself. 3.4 is darn good!

JediBeldarine
May 2nd, 2001, 03:32:32 AM
I would never embarrass myself by posting my GPA here.

Ever.

Now, if you want to know my SAT score.. fine..

My college GPA? You couldn't beat that out of me with a baseball bat, or a frying pan in DT's case.

Let's just say.

I was a great student in high school.. and then... I became a slacker.

Jace Darklighter
May 2nd, 2001, 09:04:07 AM
Hey Figrin. Good to have you back. :)

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
May 2nd, 2001, 10:58:56 AM
Hi Figrin. Nice to see you back.

All the best for the remainder of college.

Congradulations on your upcoming graduation. :)

Figrin D an
May 2nd, 2001, 12:17:13 PM
Yeah, I consider it a pretty decent GPA... especially considering my major. I had to be a smart-ass as a freshman and chose just about the hardest one I could find... :p That's okay, the work is interesting, I should make good money doing it, and my degree comes from one of the best engineering schools in the world, so I can't complain too much... :)

Master Yoghurt
May 2nd, 2001, 02:34:41 PM
Good to see you Figrin! :)

I know how studies can take up time.

Figrin D an
May 2nd, 2001, 02:42:10 PM
Hey Yog, how's it going?

It's good to see that a few of us 'old guys' are still around here... :)

Master Yoghurt
May 2nd, 2001, 03:00:07 PM
Well, much like you, I have been busy with studies at the university. I try to post now and then though. I have a 2 exams in a couple of weeks and will graduate in law next spring.

And yes, I agree, it is good to see some of the good ol' guys still around. :)