PDA

View Full Version : ok, a crazy idea for the council to chew over

ReaperFett
May 6th, 2001, 09:43:44 AM
Its about the council, and more specificly, Yog. Now, Yogs been here from the start(as good as). He is a leader-type, and is well respected. When a council vote is made, hes always on/near the top. Now, heres my idea

Can we make Yog a permenant member of the council?

so rather than 8 members, its 8 + Yog.

If you need reasons, ask and Ill say. But current council, what are your opinions on this?

Master Yoghurt
May 6th, 2001, 12:20:48 PM
Um... not sure what to say.

I have renamed the board chat room in your honor.. ;)

TUJK
May 6th, 2001, 12:29:18 PM
Hmm. I'm not council, but I'm vocal anyway.

Well, as you said people vote for him, knowing his wisdom and experiance.

But the idea of the council was to have some form of democracy in control of the directon of the jedi... which a perminat apointment seems rather... backwards.

*shrugs slightly* As long as he's around shareing his wisdom, I think it's pretty much a given he'll be voted in.

And overall, those with the most experiance, ones like DT, JB, Yog and Frig'n are listened to when they have something to say no matter what position they hve... or lack there of.

While I think highly of Yog, I don't think this is quite the way things should be done.

Master Yoghurt
May 6th, 2001, 03:24:33 PM
On a more serious note, I actually agree with TUJK says. Council is based on democratic principles. It would be wrong of me to not get elected as everyone else.

ReaperFett
May 6th, 2001, 03:30:18 PM
ah, but by Yog being voted in, you are stopping someone getting on the council. We arent talking lots of people, just Yog

Master Yoghurt
May 6th, 2001, 04:18:23 PM
Well, how about just expanding Council to 9 rather than the 8? It is an odd number which makes votes easier to go through also.

TUJK
May 6th, 2001, 04:34:58 PM
And If I'm voted in, I'm stoping someone getting on the council too.

Hmm. *reads a few things*

Fett, I certainly hope that you're not attempting to do what it appears to be doing...

ReaperFett
May 6th, 2001, 04:35:52 PM
I just like the number 8 for a council, and then theres the other one

ReaperFett
May 6th, 2001, 04:49:23 PM
actually, stuff the idea