PDA

View Full Version : Hear ye, hear ye

Hart Kenobi
May 8th, 2001, 10:53:53 PM
The Warrior sect forum has been established and I'm hoping for the Scholar-Healer one soon.

Some of us have been tinkering around with a few ideas and this is basically what we came up with.

1. This will predominately be a debate-discussion forum. No fooling around with paint-ball guns. No heated fights. Just calm, in character discussion about the Force and it's proper use in role-playing.

2. Will search for theories on the truth about the Force.

3. A completely separate "court" will be established by the Scholars and Healers. But here, everyone will play a part in the court's decision-making process. No elitism allowed. No one's higher up on the ladder than another person.
But there will be qualifications and only those whom the court finds ready will be able to be considered a member of it.

4. WILL be able to nullify an action due to it's "un-Jediness." This will only be through thorough investigation of cited examples.

5. A ruling of our court can be vetoed by a 6 out of 8 vote against it by the main council.

That's just the sketchwork and a suggestion by me that might have no play in it's actual developement.

Also, name suggestions.
Maybe something like "The High Court of the Force"? But I guess it should also reflect the inclusion of Force Healers, which I didn't really touch upon and will leave the details of that to a Healer.

Ryla Relvinian
May 8th, 2001, 11:06:03 PM
Personally, I am in favor of this. The Council has power over diplomatic relations, promotions, and thigs of that nature. This, perhaps, would have power over the internal workings of Jedi training, a more theological approach in terms of judging special Force abilities and powers.

I'm all for it.

TUJK
May 9th, 2001, 01:16:38 AM
*thumbs down at the high court idea*

Bad name, makes the people sound more like judges and executioners than scholars

Being that it's late, I'll probably have more to say later... but for now that's it...

Force Master Hunter
May 9th, 2001, 01:27:02 AM
I like the concept, but I dont like the name of it or the Coucil within concept.

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2001, 02:30:16 AM
1. This will predominately be a debate-discussion forum. No fooling around with paint-ball guns. No heated fights. Just calm, in character discussion about the Force and it's proper use in role-playing.
Makes sense

2. Will search for theories on the truth about the Force.
Ditto

3. A completely separate "court" will be established by the Scholars and Healers. But here, everyone will play a part in the court's decision-making process. No elitism allowed. No one's higher up on the ladder than another person.
But there will be qualifications and only those whom the court finds ready will be able to be considered a member of it.
I like the idea. The idea is that not everyone can get in. Why does it need leaders? best all have a say in it to me

4. WILL be able to nullify an action due to it's "un-Jediness." This will only be through thorough investigation of cited examples.
Youll have to explain this one for me

5. A ruling of our court can be vetoed by a 6 out of 8 vote against it by the main council.

Any reason why not 5?

Also, name suggestions.
Maybe something like "The High Court of the Force"? But I guess it should also reflect the inclusion of Force Healers, which I didn't really touch upon and will leave the details of that to a Healer.
Not sure on a name, but I think that one sounds a bit iffy

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2001, 06:00:33 AM
side thought though. Couldnt Scholars/Medics be split up? They are quite different, and both would get a fair few. You could sorta beef up the medic one if lack of intrest was the problem

TUJK
May 9th, 2001, 10:49:00 AM
Right now there is few, very few jedi focusing on healing... most are either GP, or leaning towards more of a warrior line.

To a lesser degree, the same is going on with the scholars.

But if you think of it, both help people, and in very similar ways... one heals the body, the other, can heal and strengthen the mind.

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2001, 11:02:38 AM
good point, keep em together

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
May 9th, 2001, 11:34:49 AM
Again..I don't fit in either of these new groups but..

Hart...if you can please clarify 4 and 5 for me please.

Nichos Marr
May 9th, 2001, 03:54:06 PM
I like the ideas, and the name could be modified. I want in :D

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2001, 04:00:20 PM
one quickie. When you started planning the warrior one, you chose four starter members. We doing that this time?

TUJK
May 9th, 2001, 04:44:00 PM
I think, by deault there's three that have been er... handed spots... Hart, blue gal and evedently myself...

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2001, 04:46:25 PM
cant argue with that, cant see any reason to need a fourth either

Hart Kenobi
May 9th, 2001, 07:20:26 PM
Number 4 means that we'll discuss and decide upon what is proper use of the Light Side. If we think that the Jedi's actions are tainted by the darkside, and we find clear evidence to support it, the group can protest it's execution.

Number 5 is based on number 4's concept. But if the Council wants the action to take place bad enough, it can override the protest. But the 6 out of 8 will just make it slightly more difficult.

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2001, 07:28:02 PM
ok, I like all suggestions but the name then

Hart Kenobi
May 9th, 2001, 07:30:29 PM
I wanted everyone to suggest one, not everyone just criticize mine :)

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2001, 07:33:18 PM
how are you planning on letting members in? Are there any ways they can be kicked out?

Hart Kenobi
May 9th, 2001, 07:39:16 PM
That'll have to be discussed by a few of us, I guess. It's all of our babies, not just mine.

Ryla Relvinian
May 9th, 2001, 09:15:57 PM
I suggest a group created by nominations of the Council. One thing I hope for this group is that it has an accurate representation of members/judicators (or whatever they'll be called...) For example, I think it should be a majority who don't actively seek out fights. People who are "good" Jedi, but not always the most agressive for rank and promotions.

ReaperFett
May 13th, 2001, 08:01:57 PM
TTTing this

Nichos Marr
May 15th, 2001, 08:45:40 PM
Now that Hart is gone, what's gonna happen with this idea?

TUJK
May 15th, 2001, 10:23:32 PM
Let you know once my tooth gets pulled. my activity is limited until that happens.

Nichos Marr
May 15th, 2001, 10:37:23 PM
Ok thanks

Warren Azalin
May 24th, 2001, 12:11:21 AM
TTTing this again just so no one forgets us scholars (yeah I'm in this now as well :) )

Nichos Marr
May 24th, 2001, 04:54:05 PM
Well..I'm getting real agitated :) We must take action, or else there will be 50 more TTT's until someone does something.