PDA

View Full Version : Resurecting Project Freedom Hammer.

Force Master Hunter
May 28th, 2001, 03:26:35 AM
Who remembers this thing? The construction of a MC-200, with support fleet. It was begun September 2000 and was finished in December 2000. I'm reactivating this craft for defence duty of Yavin and for a it of muscle

Force Master Hunter
May 28th, 2001, 03:29:25 AM
While I'm at it, what are our current fleet resources, both NR and GJO? What status is Thrawn's fleet, remembering it was ours to a great degree, what are our shipyards (There are two JJS ones, puls the DT one) and who controls what.

Nichos Marr
May 28th, 2001, 12:08:09 PM
Give me a few hours and I'll get all the info I can on those questions :)

Jyanis Scorpion
May 28th, 2001, 02:46:35 PM
Just curious. What are the MC-200 stats?

Nichos Marr
May 28th, 2001, 06:53:13 PM
So far:

-Thrawns fleet has become the NR 4th fleet led by Dodonna I think.

-I just monitor shipyard activity at the GJO. And I'll get to work on our planetary defense thread soon.

I'll get the fleet list.

Force Master Hunter
May 28th, 2001, 07:09:42 PM
The MC-200... now where the hell were the satst on thatt thing....

Okay, it was 36km long Mon Cal, 1400 Turbolasers, 1000 + Ion cannon, planetary sized shields, 8 gravity generators. Housed approx 300 fighters, also has large numbers of warhead launchers. It was designed to be able to take a hit from a NSD superlaser and destroy NSD in retaliation. Yog has the full specs somehwere. It was designed as a mobile seige platform or attack underpin. It's primary purpose is defence of Yavin IV and my intention was to partner this beast with Scorpion's Argus battle sation.

My thought was to make Yavin IV a death trap for anyone coming in system. You have the set up grav fields and mine fields, puls the other defences. When enemy fleets enter the death trap, the Argus and the NC-200 close the door and then help catch the enemy in a crossfire with the ground weaponry and other support ships. The enemy cant move because of the minefields and cant go to light speed due to the grav generators.

There is only ever going to be one MC-200. It just costs too much and too hard to maintain something like that.