PDA

View Full Version : !!!!! ADMIN NOTE!!!!!!!

Force Master Hunter
May 30th, 2001, 07:39:49 PM
THIS IS IMPORTANT

Never, ever, ever give you password out. EVER.

I now know that some people from TSE had access to an admin account at the old GJO.

Please be careful!!!!!!!!

ReaperFett
May 30th, 2001, 07:43:44 PM
remember peeps, this is Knights+ only, and access is given by adding manually, NOT by giving the password

Warren Azalin
May 30th, 2001, 10:23:29 PM
O_O well I'm not an admin but got it, give pass out to no one, understood. Also isn't a member of TSE having access to an old Admin account technically Infiltrating or is it going around the rules ?

Force Master Hunter
May 30th, 2001, 10:45:07 PM
Technically. If your an admin or know passwords, or just your onw.... DONT GIVE THEM OUT!!!!!

Warren Azalin
May 30th, 2001, 11:09:02 PM
Alright well as I said got it :) .

Force Master Hunter
May 30th, 2001, 11:22:57 PM
And DO NOT TALK ABOUT THIS OUTSIDE THIS FORUM

I could be wrong.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
May 30th, 2001, 11:27:42 PM
Hmm unaware of this. I always just gave access without the words.

No problems here

Nichos Marr
May 31st, 2001, 10:26:48 AM
No one could ever figure out this password. Not even with Interrogation Droids.

Nupraptor
May 31st, 2001, 03:20:55 PM
I consider Interrogation 'Droids tantamount to foreplay. :)

Master Yoghurt
Jun 4th, 2001, 05:05:50 AM
DT is right. I actually remember once an administrator got his account password hacked by TSE (this was over a year ago, before the rules of infiltrations took effect). In addition to having the potential of doing everything with the board one could ever want, hacker could log in with that username and read posts in password locked forums undetected. But that was before the rules of infiltrations took effect in february last year, I did not know it occured again?

You should never loan your password for things like signature fixing and such, because once someone got that password, this forum can be entered undetected. It does not matter if you are adm or not, because if your account got access here, it can be used for loggin in and entering this forum from any computer.

If you suspect a Sith or someone who should not have access here got your account password, change it.

Even if you dont suspect that, it might be a good idea changing it once in a while anyway, because a hacker may retrieve ezboard password cookies from your machines by scripts or customised proxy servers, and you allmost certainly would not notice (in fact, chances are it allready happened at some point).