PDA

View Full Version : To get Jedi more active..

Liam Jinn
Jun 5th, 2001, 03:13:39 AM
Why don't we close down the bar for awile and see what happens..maybe the LQ too...just put a pw on them and see if more jedi start RPing at SWFans. I know alot of people use the B&G for good reasons but what have we got to lose by doing this?

Force Master Hunter
Jun 5th, 2001, 05:37:55 AM
First things first. Make some of these people care about BEING Jedi.

Combine the B&G with the living quarters, that will be fine I think. But we should also make one thing clear.... you dont RP at the three sanctioned BG's, you dont get promoted, you dont get trained, your not part of the whole. The three sanctioned areas is the Gungans, cc.net and SWFans.

I would say that we enforce a rule about roleplaying - you MUST do some RP and not just training. More effectively, I would say that training could take place IN the BG.

Next, STOP RELYING ON OTHER PEOPLE. I've been watching. I see how the participation went down when DT was killed and even before that when he took a less active hand. The same goes wtih people like Yog and Boricua, Figrin. You dont have them as much anymoreand yet they are STILL expected to lead the way.

I dont see passionate Jedi and that is cruelly lacking. I dont see Jedi ready to give lip back to those Sith twats.

:: FMH pulls out a sword and smashes it point first into the floor, cracking the floor open, while a sheen of frost begins to circle out::

F*** this peace loving bull-DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-!!! You want to stand here and damn well rot to nothing? Fine, go ahead and do it. Kiss my butt if you dont like it. Well I'm going to say it straight.... Your dying, if your not already dead.

:: FMH pulls the sword out of the floor::

Now I'm going to go to war in the next few weeks. You can either join me or you can get the hell out of my way. I'm going to train those who want to be Warriors, those who wont kiss anyone's butt. Those who WANT to take the fight up to the Sith. Your interested? Good. Yeah, you need scholars and stuff, but you need fighters in a time of War.

That's what you really need Jedi... you need dedicated Jedi. You just lost Jace and you'll lose more and just be left with ones like Leeloo. And it will bloody well serve you right too.

ReaperFett
Jun 5th, 2001, 11:52:42 AM
1- LQ is for RPing. You are basically helping fighter Jedi only. The rest will do nothing.

2- I stick round for the community. You close the B&G, I dont feel the need to come on.

3- This makes Viscera think hes right

Three reasons I disagree

Force Master Hunter
Jun 5th, 2001, 06:32:13 PM
Since when did I give a rat's about what Viscera thinks? Or ANY Sith or that matter?

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Jun 5th, 2001, 06:56:10 PM
Ok...well I am in your thread (TSE) one Liam. I am also fighting DeVille in another.

Now..getting this jedi to be motivated..grrr...tell me how. Training is one thing. I still do it.

Ok...But do a lot of knights and masters..I am sorry THEY DO NOT!! Ok.. (yeah I guess I am sounding off) Why don't we have more of that. Not only a few...and have them more out in the BG. Hmm? Yes..I am talking about knights and masters that are active.

I agree manadatory Rping in BG is a must and should be so!! Otherwise..no promotions simple as that.

Sage Hazzard
Jun 5th, 2001, 11:45:22 PM
OOC - FMH, are you saying you'll have to fight at all of those boards? Gungan, CC.Net, SWFans? Or just one of them? Just curious.

What we have to do to get more Jedi active is to make this place more professional. If we present a good "Jedi" package, it'll discourage bad recruits, and bring in dedicated ones. Have you ever thought that maybe some people don't join us because we don't do things like Jedi? If we want to get Jedi that will fight, we must revamp what we consider "Jedi Roleplaying". Perhaps we should rethink everything we do around here, from training to bar hopping. I think it's time for a totally new look at the BG, a more professional look. I'll tell you some ideas I have to do just that, if you're willing to listen. But I won't if everyone thinks this is the wrong way to go.

Force Master Hunter
Jun 5th, 2001, 11:52:47 PM
No Bel, you dont need to go everywhere.

And frankly, Bel has some good points and should be listened to

Sage Hazzard
Jun 6th, 2001, 12:37:54 AM
I know I look like Bel, but the way to tell us apart is she's a lot prettier then me.... :lol: j/k(no, not about the pretty part) honest mistake. :)

Okay, some of these ideas are radical, so bare with me. As they say in the Matrix "free your mind.", :)

Training: I say we ask recruits when they first sign up to give us a complete list of what their character can and cannot do. Then we hold them to it. Only when the Master, OOC, says they can have more ability, are they able to do more. Such as when a recruit first joins, we ask OOC if his character can lift a pebble. And if he says yes, we ask for an explanation why he can do that. If the explanation's valid, then he can do so. That way we can help people not God Mode, and to keep their character in check. It also gives more meaning to the Master/Padawan relationship. In the past, Padawans would say they could do things they were never tought by their Master. With this in place, they wouldn't be able to. This idea is sketchy, and needs some input to make it work.

Drinking: How about a Jedi is not allowed to drink Alchohol until he becomes a Knight. This is because Alchohol could alter the Padawan's emotions, making him more vulnerable to the Dark Side. Once he becomes a Knight he'll be able to control the chemical, and he'll be able to keep his emotions in check better. This will also help the B&G problem. If Padawans know they can't drink, there will be less people simply hanging around the bar. It'll also be an incentive to train and RP better so you can drink. This might sound weird, but it might work.

The Jedi BG State: We need to make an agressive force on the BG. We should make it clearer that our duty is to help others. And the Sith, etc. hurt people, so we must help the innocents. Also, we should start RPs that will spark more people's interests. Some Role Plays might not appeal to some. Such as war threads. They're good and essential to RPing, but might not be too apealing to young Padawans. We should start threads where there's more going on then fighting, where's there's a problem going on that we must solve. What if we make threads where there were problems on a planet and the Jedi must be sent in to help mediate the difficulties of multiple parties. Make people not just use their swords, but their minds. Make them solve mysteries and problems.

The Board Layout: I know this might sound weird, stupid, and un-needed.... I think we should change the way the board looks, graphics and colors. Not that these graphics are bad, they're great, here's why..... It's my belief that a differant surrounding will indicate to people great changes that are being made. When you're feeling low and down, lazy and sleepy, what do you do? You take a shower and put on a change of clothes. We should do this to indicate that we are about to change BIG, as I hope we do, and to convey that those who do not change will be left behind.

I offer these suggestions to spark other's ideas. Please comment and please offer what you think should be altered to these ideas. Most often you start out with a ball of string, after knitting for hours, changing differant things, you come out with a sweater.

Liam Jinn
Jun 6th, 2001, 12:46:31 AM
I disagree with the first 2 idea's, thats limiting too much freedom, and I don't like the board layout change..I like it this way..The other idea, we can't please everyone but it sounds like a good idea, have a couple fight RP's and a couple more detailed RP's floating around, I like both type of RP's so it doesn't matter much to me..

ReaperFett
Jun 6th, 2001, 02:23:22 AM
: I say we ask recruits when they first sign up to give us a complete list of what their character can and cannot do. Then we hold them to it

I added Fetts force limitations in very late in the day. I did that to make this bett. Why cant they? A master just needs to tell them they can and cannot do whatever

How about a Jedi is not allowed to drink Alchohol until he becomes a Knight
Makes no difference, most never say what theyre drinking. ANd you are basically saying people will put the extra effort in just to say they can drink? Doubt it

And the BG state. People do try that. Think that indicates how much it works:)

You must remember, the B&G is a community thing. Im currently busy, I only look in the B&G. Its a time thing. I have time to have fun, but not write things. That vote I made was half to get more to do that(some could be made IC), but half an experiment. You can be funny IC. Lets try to MAKE them be funny IC