May- Council
Jun- Promotion
Jul- Free
Aug- Council
Sep- Promotion
Oct- Free
Nov- Council
Dec- Promotion

Now, I like this system. However, some have said they dont. So, being the Diplomat that I am. I suggest the following middle ground:

Jan- Promotion
Feb- Council
Mar- Promotion
Apr- Promotion
May- Council
Jun- Promotion
Jul- Promotion
Aug- Council
Sep- Promotion
Oct- Promotion
Nov- Council
Dec- Promotion

That way, it means there are still resrictions, but it is a lot more free. It also means there is only one important thread a month

ALSO...
Each thread is a sperate one. There a Promo Thread for each month.

And you cannot put someone forward for promotion two months straght(IE, you put them forward in September, you cant in October. However, put them forward in October, December is ok

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Jun 1st, 2001, 11:52:55 AM
I vote "Yes" on Fett's recommendation.

One question though. I think what you are trying to say if they were not approved to be promoted the last vote..by the next month it is more than likely they are still not ready. Is that correct? So the waiting has to be two months.

Edit: TTT

Nichos Marr
Jun 1st, 2001, 11:57:25 AM
I vote a definate yes, and I like this idea.

TUJK
Jun 3rd, 2001, 08:09:33 PM
Like the idea, much more fair, gives folks something to do each month.

Master Yoghurt
Jun 4th, 2001, 05:31:12 AM
I like the proposed system much better, so I vote yes.

Warren Azalin
Jun 4th, 2001, 07:17:54 PM
Seems a good idea for promotions, this way padawans that are ready don't have to wait as long as before :) . I vote Yes as well.

ReaperFett
Jun 4th, 2001, 07:26:43 PM
6/11, majority, it happens

Force Master Hunter
Jun 5th, 2001, 05:45:29 AM
Jedi should be promoted when they are ready and should be at ANY time. I dont like this annointed promotion time, not in the slightest. You put a Padawan forward when they ARE ready and simply put if I thought someone was ready, I'ld do it and not give a rip about seceduled times.

Just like Jedi Master promotion. NO-ONE just gets that because it's that time and we we say we just want to prmote someone. It's done at the time that is right and not a moment before, or after. If a Padawan is good enough after 6 weeks, stuff it, they should be promoted.

I dont agree that this is a good idea. At All.

ReaperFett
Jun 5th, 2001, 11:55:22 AM
First, this means that there is ONE important vote a month. When theres a council vote, lets keep that important.

Second, this keeps the power with the masters, not the Padawans, who can whine their way into promotion.

Example: I think some VERY new person is ready. Hes pushed himself for it too. I put him forward. Vote doesnt work. He keeps pushing. Two days later, I apply again. I can do that

Force Master Hunter
Jun 5th, 2001, 05:57:08 PM
first rule of being promoted... NEVER ASK FOR IT.

ReaperFett
Jun 5th, 2001, 06:12:37 PM
are you saying that NOONE has EVER at GJO got something because they badgered someone? I dont believe that

Force Master Hunter
Jun 5th, 2001, 06:30:27 PM
No, no one got anything from me unless they earned it. Badgering me has always been a bad idea. And I woudl say that the rule DONT ASK that I use gets applied and made known in relation to all promotions.

That is the point. You EARN your position. You dont talk your way into it.

ReaperFett
Jun 5th, 2001, 06:35:50 PM
dont mean you, I mean ANYONE at ANYTIME

JediBeldarine
Jun 12th, 2001, 02:01:14 AM
I agree to Fett's idea.

It'll give us more of a formalized system.. I mean..

It's almost every month, so it's no big deal.. but still, that way I'll know when I need to get on and vote and stuff when I'm busy with work.

I like it :) :)

And people can usually badger me into things.. I'm easy to guilt trip :( :( :( :( :(

Figrin D an
Jun 12th, 2001, 02:49:55 PM
I really don't see a problem with this new system. Provides more opportunity to examine possible promotions.

I guess, from my point of view, just because it is a Promotion month, that doesn't necessarily mean that any promotions will take place. It just gives the council an more opportunity to to examine/reexamine promotion possibilites, rather than have a three month gap between promotion periods.

Anyway... as long as we don't start overzealously promoting people, this should work...