PDA

View Full Version : COUNCIL VOTE on board idea

ReaperFett
Jun 17th, 2001, 11:46:58 AM
right, Im thinking characterisation here. Under the ALL section(where B&G is) is a section called "Characters" or whatever. Now, in here are twoboards. First, the biography board moves to here. Secondly, a new one called Equipment. This is where each person has one thread, and gives details on what he uses. For example, if he uses a lot of weapons, what are they? Whats his ship? What upgrades does it have? THings like that. I think this would help people explain their character more. I vote yes

Force Master Hunter
Jun 17th, 2001, 07:17:28 PM
Should be part of the bibliograpy for my view. Not really hassled either way.

JediBeldarine
Jun 17th, 2001, 09:41:42 PM
Well.. what happens if you don't know what type of ship your character has and what upgrades it has to it?

ReaperFett
Jun 17th, 2001, 09:43:22 PM
for starters, best RPers explain things. If you arent explaining equipment, why have a bio?

Force Master Hunter
Jun 17th, 2001, 09:46:01 PM
I'm one of the best Rp'ers out there and I wouldn't have a clue what my ship has in it

Jedi Rebel X
Jun 17th, 2001, 09:56:22 PM
You can always do what I did. You get the specs for a ship around that size, YT-1300 in my case, and modify it's stats to your liking. Also, you just remember that when you add you lose something else. Thanks to Fett for help.

ReaperFett
Jun 17th, 2001, 10:10:01 PM
hence, when I RP with Rebel, I know he cant, say, pull out 300 turbolasers. Hence I trust more. Hence RP is better

ReaperFett
Jun 17th, 2001, 10:17:50 PM
also, say Fett met FMHs ship in combat. Yours could be as good as a Z-95, or a small Star Destroyer. I wouldnt know. Hence, I couldnt act realisticly

TUJK
Jun 18th, 2001, 12:48:02 AM
2 things.

Homepages.
Post IC what you're hauling into the RP.

No need for extra boards.

ReaperFett
Jun 18th, 2001, 01:27:04 AM
ok, think this way. Noone does that. Hence, it means that noone ever tries it. WOuldnt it be something to try and set an example? I mean, the bio board only came about from Isard

TUJK
Jun 18th, 2001, 02:53:59 AM
for starters, best RPers explain things{/Quote]

Explaining things is best done in RP, at least in my opinion. Heck, I can list my character's equipment off the top of my head... because I expect to have to list what I have in RP.

You keep things reasonable, and there's no problem. The best of RPers need no external aids, be it homepages or rules. Everythings comes from their RP and common

ReaperFett
Jun 18th, 2001, 02:55:59 AM
yes, but theres the thing. You can. I cant

TUJK
Jun 18th, 2001, 03:07:10 AM
Uh... Fett, I can do it for *counts* at least half a dozen Characters of mine... if pressed, I can likely list all the force skills each force user knows too...

Like i said... don't clutter up the forms with extra forms.

Describe it when you're entering a thread, or when it comes up, make a home page, or tack it onto your Bio.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Jun 18th, 2001, 10:58:23 AM
I really don't have a strong opinon on whether it should be done or not. If it is felt to be necessary, I don't have a problem with it.

But then again, it can be done in each individual's bio.

ReaperFett
Jun 20th, 2001, 02:47:11 AM
from another thread here:

you need to declare fleet resources at SWFans as a one of good will gesture, to can suspicions on cheating

Sounds a bit hypocritical. I mean, whats the difference? There are FIVE people with ship descriptions. FIVE who are honest enough to do that. Now, some new Padawan wouldnt do it off their own back, they need encouragement, so they can get started off in life. I learned to do things because JB used to. Hed do something, Id do similar. Liam did similar with the ship description. Its trying to impress your master. Most people here seem to assume that they will just go and do it