PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Just got hit by an elderly driver today

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Jun 13th, 2001, 11:09:30 PM
and I am still dealing with insurance companies and such (as far as rental car being picked up by his insurance company). All this is happening and I am the maid of honor in my sis' wedding on Friday. I still have to pick up my dress and run errands. Now I have no car.

The reason I am saying this is..I am fine..thank god..but I will more than likely will not be around until Sunday/Monday due to this and family coming in for the wedding

This elderly guy rearend tire well area of my car today (I had the right away...He made an illegal turn and was fine a ticket by the Highway Patrol). The thing is from the officers, people that stopped to see if I was ok, and the tow truck guy...they all said I should have literally flipped my car.

Scary now that I think about it and I am a bit shaken up by it. You see at first, I heard the crash and felt it then..heard a big blow out..my rear tire blew out (all this caused by the man hitting me).. I lost total control over the car luckily I managed to steer it and got control of it. The irony of it all is my friend's who's mom had a wreck just two days ago...came running up the road after she saw the accident. Her and her boyfriend were freaking out. I reassured them I was fine..just a little shaken up. Of course she had to say something to the old dude. *sigh*

So...I just want you to know its more than likely I will not be around much at all..until possibly the weekend and part of me thinks...Monday.

Please take care everyone and have a good weekend!

See ya guys.

Jedi Rebel X
Jun 13th, 2001, 11:23:38 PM
I'm sorry, but that title sounds pretty funny. Anyways though, I'm glad you're ok and good luck with everything. Be sure to take as much time as you need.

Katarina Kariena
Jun 14th, 2001, 12:37:28 AM
I sorry about that Leia, /i hope you have a good time at your sisters wedding!! ^-^;

Liam Jinn
Jun 14th, 2001, 02:04:26 AM
glad you're ok

AmazonBabe
Jun 14th, 2001, 08:38:11 PM
Glad to hear you're ok, Leia. We'll see ya when you get back. :)

Master Yoghurt
Jun 14th, 2001, 10:25:30 PM
I am so relieved to hear you are ok! I was getting really worried for a moment. Your health is most important.

Take care and have fun at the wedding! :)

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Jun 18th, 2001, 11:06:30 AM
Thanks everyone!! I am fine and the eldery man is also. I thank god for that.

Just my car is going to be ended up considered totalled now. *sigh* Time to shop for a new car and still have fun w/insurance companies.

Again..I am sorry I have not been around. Between that mess, all the stuff surrounding the wedding, and Father's Day, this is the first time I am able to post. I have serious catching up to do. Hopefully it won't be all that bad.

Again...thanks for being good friends!

BTW...yes overall my sis' wedding went off well. It was held on a paddleboat that cruised around the Gulf (they got married by the captain), there was a beautiful sunset and even dolphins swimming along side the boat. I am just glad not too much went wrong with that day :)

Jedi Rebel X
Jun 18th, 2001, 03:42:43 PM
Good to have you back Leia.

Katarina Kariena
Jun 18th, 2001, 10:03:15 PM
8pouncehuggles Leia since she's just about the only person she hasn't puncedhuggled yet* Welcome back!!! ^-^;;

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Jun 20th, 2001, 09:28:10 PM
**huggles everyone back**

Thanks again..now *sigh* the hard part trying to catch up. I am still not back to a regular schedule here. I am trying though. Still busy IRL.