PDA

View Full Version : Are we gonna help the Viashino?

Liam Jinn
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:41:24 AM
Operation: Barbarossa (http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicstarwarsroleplayingarchive.showMessage ?topicID=3912.topic)

Someone posted in Recruitment asking if we would send assistance. I talked to Scorp on AIM and he said that he's not in charge of the GJO fleet stuff, and that,

"GJO is neutral with GMA since they allow us safety in the Yavin system, and I can't risk causing the war to spread."

Since when should we stop helping out other people in need due to a treaty with GMA? Aren't they also the bad guys? From what I understand, GJO hasn't withdrawn from fleet participation yet, so why not lend a hand?

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:50:10 AM
If I remember correctly, we haven't...

of course, getting involved could bring us pain as well...and then GMA could declare war on us.

On the other hand, they're in need of our help, and who are we to be cowards?

Nichos Marr
Jul 15th, 2001, 09:54:20 AM
Evil Nichos - Just let the Via get destroyed!

Good Nichos - Just let the Via get destroyed!

Jyanis Scorpion
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:36:02 PM
I looked into helping them and I thought about sending a shipment of S-1 LRRs to their other planet on the other side of the galaxy away from the GMA attack...

BUT as stated GMA is using only about 8 out of 16 divisions, leaving the other 8 open to be anywhere, possibly on their way to the other planet. I designed the S-1 LRR and GJO is currently the only group in possession of them (500 to be exact). Even on an unmarked vessel they would easily be traceable. And if they got through and the Via ended up using them they'd still be traceable. There is even the possibly that GMA could still capture one that malfunctioned, since S-1s were designed for ground-to-ground and space-to-ground combat, and haven't been fully tested in space-to-space combat. Although, if they do work it would probably help a great deal, seeing how on land the S-1 spread damage up to a square kilometer.

Frankly if we were to help them, we'd have to go all out. If we send a little force it'd get slaughtered if GMA ships cornered it. I didn't want to promise anything since it wasn't my official place to and with the risk involved everyone else would need to decide.

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:45:46 PM
Hmm....basically, you have to think.

If we help-This could make GMA come after GJO as well...we're right in the middle of their space.

If we don't-We're not helping someone that's come for our help personally, and that's not like us.

Scorp, S-1 LRR, what is that?

Jyanis Scorpion
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:15:33 PM
It can be a win/win situation for us or go the opposite and blow up in our faces. Whatever we do or don't do is going to make a hell of a difference.

S-1 LRR (Long Range Rocket) - Designed during my time at TSE for the army. 500 were constructed and mobile launchers were designed and built to launch them. They could be configured to be fired from a ship's hangar from orbit to the ground, but were never tested in space. They could be launched very far away and cause 1 SQ KM damage. If they do in fact function properly in space the opposing side would be devastated.

All S-1 LRRs and their launchers were brought over with me to GJO.

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:21:58 PM
Hmm, those sound nice.

I don't know what to say, I want to help, but that could put our group at risk as well.

Force Master Hunter
Jul 15th, 2001, 07:09:10 PM
I suspect, given half a chance the Viashino would come after us too. It's just that GMA got them first.

Simply put, we are here in the Yavin system because it was negotiated and negotiated we would be left alone. We are officially neutral with GMA - in fact Yavin was a GMA held system WHEN the Jedi took it over.

The fact is, they let us here, we owe them. Now, we may be fortifying to the point of indestructability, but the fact is we still rely on GMA to stop attacks from TSO and TSE - they are scared -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-less of his fleet. Also given we have NRSF (and something else we have in the pipeline) there is an attack capability. But not enough.

We can do FAR better by sending a team of Jedi to NEGOTIATE an end to the war.

Now how's that for a Jedi solution. How about negotiatation.

Think Jedi, THINK. I should not be the one to suggest other methods to fighting.

Jyanis Scorpion
Jul 15th, 2001, 07:16:40 PM
Yeah, but why did it start in the first place? The Via say for no reason, and I haven't heard anything from GMA on it except the declaration of war.

If it's unprovoked it makes for quite long and tedious negotiations. Either way I'm for it.

Force Master Hunter
Jul 15th, 2001, 08:12:33 PM
Well, that's part of negotiation. Fining out WHY war was started.

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 08:47:21 PM
Good idea, FMH. I'd like to be part of that team, if its no trouble.

Force Master Hunter
Jul 15th, 2001, 09:09:23 PM
I have the perfect volunteer in mind already.

Kikran Akard
Jul 15th, 2001, 09:12:27 PM
Alright.

Liam Jinn
Jul 16th, 2001, 12:52:58 AM
Negotiate, sure...No problems with that..

Nichos Marr
Jul 16th, 2001, 10:35:10 AM
You want to know what Viscera's excuse for it starting is? He needs good planets with rich minerals. The fact of the matter is, neither vong nor via provoked him, but he was bored, OOC.

Liam Jinn
Jul 16th, 2001, 11:15:50 AM
And I doubt we'll do anything as a group about it...Besides Negotiate, that is..

Force Master Hunter
Jul 16th, 2001, 11:32:43 PM
Why the hell are we concerned by his OOC motive?

Nathan W3st
Jul 17th, 2001, 03:19:06 AM
With the current rule system, he can pull all the minerals he likes dead out of his bum.

I'm working to stop that sort of thing from happening.

Anakis Moreven
Jul 17th, 2001, 09:53:43 AM
I apologize for this being off topic, but I have to say:
What the hell are the Viashino doing in a Star Wars RPG?
Viashinos are lizard men from Magic the Gathering...

Liam Jinn
Jul 17th, 2001, 10:22:56 AM
It's just a new race. Nothing big.