PDA

View Full Version : COUNCIL VOTE on Admins

ReaperFett
Aug 15th, 2001, 05:03:20 PM
ok, I think we need new admins. As of now, I think we only have three active admins, and Leia thinks she will be on a fair bit less now. So, I propose we add some. Id rather think that if I wasnt round for a bit, you wouldnt see the place go to hell.

SO, there are three questions:

1- DO you want more admins?
2- HOW many new admins?
3- WHO do you want as an admin?

I say yes, and two. I suggest the following as admins:

Nichos- Hes round a lot, hes intellegent, and I trust him

Liam- Round a fair bit, and again, I trust him

Force Master Hunter
Aug 15th, 2001, 07:11:21 PM
Excuse me, but we do NOT give out admin just like this EVER. it is discussed offline and never openly. This is not a Council vote issue, this is for the ADMINS to discuss.

There is NO need for more admins. The ones who are here cover what needs to be done. There is no need for anyone else. What MIGHT be needed is active moderators, no more.

Figrin D an
Aug 15th, 2001, 11:21:00 PM
Administrators and moderators deal with OOC issues and board management.

The Council deals with IC issues and makes decisions for the GJO as a role-playing organization.

They are seperate entities and each does not have a direct influence over the other. If anything, it should be the admins that decide if new admins and moderators are necessary and who those people should be.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 16th, 2001, 03:07:03 AM
Just so you know...

Moderator and Admin access was normally handed out on my say and still basically is. Yog of course has ultimate say on the board as it is his, but generally it's been the case that I am the senior Admin and all changes generally are run by me first. Sorry if I leaped at you Reaperfett on this, because it apepars I did.

Yeah, Figrin said it much better and I should have put it that way

Edit : Yog and I also taked about this. Nichos having Mod access is a good idea and has been granted

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Aug 16th, 2001, 10:46:09 AM
Ummm...glad to hear this was straighten out and Nichos is a new mod. :)

I am still here just around less..due to real life. More than my admin powers (I still do that..only yesterday...admin the bar) I worry about Recruitement. As much as I try, I cannot find the time to do all I have in the past in this area. Real life has kept me that busy. Unfortunately..seems like Warren's been around less too. :( I talked to Fett about this..I hope we can get others more involved in recruitement. I want to be still involved it. I just really need others to help. As..I am sooo behind and don't think I will truly have the time like I used too. Sorry :(

I hope to get in touch w/Warren and try to work on recruitement and the academy later.

Sorry guys! :(

Teka Kenobi
Aug 16th, 2001, 04:25:02 PM
If you just tell me how I can help I will.

Nichos Marr
Aug 16th, 2001, 08:49:30 PM
Nichos is a mod? Cool!