PDA

View Full Version : A Jedi Master from TGC is....

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Sep 19th, 2001, 10:35:52 PM
a member of GJO now. A little background on her. She will be an active member at GJO and train here too.

Her name Jedi Knight Amnde. She was trained by Organa Solo.

So I ask that fellow Masters and Council Members please vote on her rank status here at GJO..Just like we voted in Organa and Danster from TGC.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

My vote is yes from my discussions with Organa Solo

Liam Jinn
Sep 19th, 2001, 11:17:36 PM
Sure

Akrabbim
Sep 19th, 2001, 11:39:01 PM
Sounds good to me.

Katarina Kariena
Sep 19th, 2001, 11:51:43 PM
She worked hard to earn the rank of Master over there, I don't see why she shouldn't keep her rank here, unless she wants to train as a padawan and work her way up.

Marcus QDunn
Sep 20th, 2001, 12:21:19 AM
I dont really know whom she is, but I have seen a few posts. I have reservations.

While it is true, when TGC was aliied with us, we unconditionally respected ranks, this is no longer the case. My feeling is that anyone claiming Master ranks must show to be worthy of that rank here. Knights are not really a problem. The point is that Master Rank is a difficult one to achieve, as our newest Master can attest to. We have been evolving how Master is achieved and my thought is the answer personally for me is no, not until I get a better look.

There are Knights in here that will not achieve Master for some time, it is skill and dedication to the principles of the Jedi and resistance to the dark Side that defines who even is tested.

Thence, I say I am open minded, but can not say yes now.

Akrabbim
Sep 20th, 2001, 01:44:22 AM
If the council votes her in, why isn't that good enough?

Morgan Evanar
Sep 20th, 2001, 02:04:20 AM
I'll give my honest and brutal opinion, even though I'm not council.

TGC, as a rule, simply doesn't have the quality of RP associated with SWFans. I know. I read through a lot of stuff their, and some of the things stung my eyes. She wrote some decent stuff, but I didn't persist in visiting long enough to ascertain a good opinion.

My suggestion: Mentally list her on the people who might be promoted soon. I'd say let the rank of knight stand for now.

Edit: Ask her to link thing she thinks is quality and would earn her the rank of master. Thats the simpilest solution.

Marcus QDunn
Sep 20th, 2001, 05:09:58 AM
Akabbrim - because Masters are not elected here. They are tested first. And I am the one who sets that test. The fact is, if a Jedi passes one of my tests, it is a given they are worthy of the Rank of Master.

We do not discuss out loud who is eligible either and the fatal mistake is asking for that promotion - it is earned 100%.

Right now, I do have a mental list of jedi Knights "To watch". Some I just look at and know they're never goign to make it unless they change. Others I do have earmarked for further attention.

But the main point is, no one gets a Master's promotion without my approval. That is harsh, but I dont play favorites and I make sure they really earn it.

I do agree with Morgan's assesment. I have seen her name and have seen some stuff. But not enought to be convinced she is our standard.

But I have an open mind. I dont know enough to make a definitive yes or no

Teka Kenobi
Sep 20th, 2001, 03:55:08 PM
Before I start may I request you edit the first post and put Council Vote in please? Not meaning to be picky but I just think it's easier :)

I have not known Amnde long enough, or seen enough of her roleplays to say weather she is or isn't worthy of the title Jedi Master. looking at what QDun wrote, (Master are not voted for, they're tested) I feel that an exception should not be made. I think that Qdun shoud make one of his tests like he did with Liam, and see what happens. I'm sure I can't be the only one who doesn't know how skillfull or not Amnde is.

Well - those were my thoughts.

Nichos Marr
Sep 20th, 2001, 04:34:22 PM
I choose not to vote in this matter.

Organa Solo
Sep 20th, 2001, 04:54:19 PM
It has been a long time since I have felt compelled to open my mouth in this forum, but I'll break that trend presently if it so pleases the Council.

I only see it fair that Amnde should be subjected to a 'test' of your making if it is part of your usual trend anyways, and many of you obviously haven't seen enough of her development to have good judging content. Not to mention you seem to place TGC's standards as so low on the list. :rolleyes:

I will vouch for Amnde's dedication to what she does here and I know she is capable of turning out great RPs, she has done it before. But as I have not quite followed anything she's done lately, I cannot say accurately much else. And I won't.

Katarina Kariena
Sep 20th, 2001, 05:01:29 PM
I've done some RP work with her, and even though I'm not the best RPer in the world she does excelent work. *shrugs* That's just my opinion. I still hang out at TGC under another name and even though, yes I admit, it's not the best RP wise over there, Amnde is one of the best RPers over there. She really tries and sticks to what she believes. *shrugs* But I leave it up to the rest of you. I've had my say in this matter and I shall say no more unless something provokes me to.

ReaperFett
Sep 20th, 2001, 05:07:04 PM
If it was for effort, shed be a master in seconds.

I think she's good, very good. But I don't think I really know enough about her to give a balanced verdict

Hart Kenobi
Sep 20th, 2001, 06:42:16 PM
Why not just ask her to be tested? A fully capable and confident Jedi Master would embrace the challenge, taking it as an opportunity to perhaps be educated, a process which even masters must adhere to.