PDA

View Full Version : Council vote - Master promotion

Marcus QDunn
Oct 17th, 2001, 03:51:17 PM
This one will sound wierd, but......

For the support of GJO and his involvement here, and the fact he does have quite a good deal of ability, I hereby recommend Warren Azalin to be promoted to Jedi Master.

Nichos Marr
Oct 17th, 2001, 04:46:17 PM
Warren Azalin, my Master at GJO about 9 months ago. At the time he was training 5-6 Padawans and barely had time to roleplay on his own. Before I joined the GJO he was the assistant Academy Coordinator. At the time it seemed like he did a fair amount of work. Then I actually ventured into recruitment myself one day. Warren has always been assigning new Masters to a padawan, and keeping the recruitment center alive. Especially when Leia is busy with RL stuff and can't be here.

Besides that, he's a reliable fellow. Not once have I ever heard him complain about being a Knight too long, or the GJO in particular. I think it'd be a truly grand idea to have a Jedi Master like Warren, who is active. Padawans and even Knights look up to the Masters for assistance and guidance, and half of the masters at GJO are busy with RL.

Is Warren Azalin a good Jedi?

Yes.

Does this mean he is ready to become a Master?

No.

Not only is he a good Jedi, but he's patient, he thinks things through, and he's kind hearted (most of the time ;) ). He knows a lot about the Jedi, and he's dedicated to this group. I see, as most of you do the work and effort he puts into keeping the recruits to stay at GJO. He starts training threads for them, and welcomes them in a pleasant way.

My vote is: No, I do not think Warren should remain a Knight any longer :)

(In other words...Yes :) )

Akrabbim
Oct 17th, 2001, 06:51:04 PM
Yes, he should be promoted.

Katarina Kariena
Oct 17th, 2001, 08:26:55 PM
Yes, he's earned it, he's good at the game. I don't see why he shouldn't be.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Oct 17th, 2001, 09:18:38 PM
::An absent Jedi Master walks into the coucil chambers in::

Weird?!!

Not at all! ;) Master QDunn. Warren has supported GJO in multiple ways...as I am sure most of you can see. He has also been truly been my right hand man when I am here and not. I truly think Warren deserves the title of Jedi Master. He truly is a gifted Jedi (In and Out of OOC)

To my friend, former padawan, whom I am proud of his devotion to GJO.

I vote: YES! :)

Master Yoghurt
Oct 18th, 2001, 04:10:27 PM
I have a question for Warren: "How feel you?"

Warren Azalin
Oct 18th, 2001, 04:37:19 PM
Standing before the Council Warren drew back his hood, slowly and silently. He had heard what the others had to say and now the time had come for him to speak up when Yoghurt addressed him...

"How feel you?"

He had been expecting it all this time, and had been asked it a few times before. Now he spoke up slowly as he addressed the Council....

"Tired."

He could hear a few of them gasp as he answered them. After all who would answer tired at a time such as this?

"Well what did you expect? You call me here at this early an hour and you want to see me to fully be awake?"

He let out a slight chuckle as confusion swept over most of the council. He bet that right about now a good half of them thought him mad, or at least going mad, but they had asked him. Not a good thing to do though when your half asleep though.

"In all reality though. I feel... calm. Not the kind of calm as before, as when I had been asked before."

Warren pulled back and brought his saber up, letting the council see it in the morning sun easily.

"When I first came upon your ranks, I was young an naive. In time I learned much of the "Force" and was bestowed with the rank of Knight. Now I come before you all again, many of you I know well, and some I do not. That matters not, at this point in time."

Warren smiled as he dropped his saber to the floor with a slight clank.

"I have learned much of the Force and have much more yet to learn. With the help of those around me I have matured into the Jedi you see before you today. My Rank is in your hands, but no matter the judgment I shall continue to train myself until my dying day."

He bowed before them all before kneeling before them. There he would be till his judgment was passed.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 18th, 2001, 06:27:11 PM
"Hmm.. Interesting answer that was. For long time have I Warren watched. Been with us for so long time he has. A rolemodel for all Jedi. Promotion to Jedi Master is long due, and would be highly recommended"

I vote yes!

AmazonBabe
Oct 18th, 2001, 07:21:46 PM
I think he is ready.

EDIT: Oh duh. *Knocks head* It said Council vote.
Sometimes I forget these votes are only a priveledge given to the Council.

But I still stand by what I said.

ReaperFett
Oct 18th, 2001, 07:51:50 PM
I vote no. I do not feel he is ready yet

Nichos Marr
Oct 18th, 2001, 08:19:20 PM
Tally:

Yes- 5
No- 1

EDIT- Forgot AmazonBabe wasn't a Council Member ^_^;

ReaperFett
Oct 18th, 2001, 08:41:52 PM
no, 5-1. Check the Council members :)

Liam Jinn
Oct 25th, 2001, 02:50:12 PM
I would like to say yes, but I haven't been keeping up with things lately so due to that reason, I can't vote on this matter.

Teka Kenobi
Oct 25th, 2001, 04:41:10 PM
There were three possible options I could see for writing this post:

1 - Re-phrase everything Liam has just said.

2 - Lie

3 - Write this.

Two, unfortuanetly isn't and option, and one involves too much thinking. So I am sorry warren but my being away has not helped me much.

--just as a side note, I am still here, but I will be away for a week and a bit, but after that I should be online. I was having some trouble with my connection but after about three dial ups it starts to work. See you all soon!

Master Yoghurt
Nov 3rd, 2001, 04:22:39 PM
The vote is now closed.

Rank of Jedi Master the Council grants.

Congratulations, Jedi Master Warren Azalin. :)

Warren Azalin
Nov 3rd, 2001, 09:31:29 PM
Upon hearing the words of the council, and especially those of Master Yoghurt, Warren rose up, getting to his feet slightly. It seemed the Council had finally made their choice on his status, and they had chosen the Rank of Master...

"Rank of Jedi Master the Council grants.

Congratulations, Jedi Master Warren Azalin."

Those words alone rang truth into the Jedi's mind, it seemed this was all indeed real and not some fanciful dream he was having, he was a Jedi Master now. Nothing about him had changed though, for he was still the Warren Azalin many had known, this was only but a change in status, nothing more, nothing less. With newfound joy Warren bowed before the council before making his way back to his chambers, where he was pretty sure his wife Amalia was still waiting on him.

"I thank you all, I shall not fail any of you among the Greater Jedi Order. I shall uphold my status like those who came before me, and those who stand before me today."

Warren gave a joking smile as he was almost to walk out the door..

"And now to get back to some much needed sleep."

With that said Warren began to walk out, it seemed he had gone to the next level in his training, but as those inside knew as well as he. Training never truly ends, the end is but an illusion and the Force is permanent.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Nov 4th, 2001, 12:03:34 AM
::Smacks Warren in the head with a foam lightsaber::

WAKE UP!!!!! ;)

:lol: J/K! Congrads!

Warren Azalin
Nov 4th, 2001, 12:17:49 AM
Wakes up and looks at all those around him.

"I had the strangest dream, and you were there, and you, and you, and even you."

It seemed Warren pointed all the Council Members, even the little knee high green guy in the back, and the woman in a slave outfit :p

(J/k :p )

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Nov 4th, 2001, 12:21:51 AM
What?!!! This old thing?

::As Leia points to her outfit::

What's wrong with this outfit?! I think its very appropriate for a council member. Don't ya think?!

:lol: LOL

Warren Azalin
Nov 4th, 2001, 12:30:01 AM
"Maybe on Nar Shaddaa, and maybe among the Hutt's, but somehow I think It would get you more gawks and stares among the younger Jedi Males then respect :p ."

AmazonBabe
Nov 4th, 2001, 12:54:23 AM
:lol:

Well, if Leia gets to strut around in a suit made out of suede and metal, then I get to strut around dressed in leaves a-la-Adam-and-Eve style. :p

:: Ponders. ::

Naaaaaaah. :lol:

BTW, Warren, congrats! :)