PDA

View Full Version : COUNCIL VOTE About mastership

ReaperFett
Nov 17th, 2001, 01:03:08 PM
Okay, reading through my novels, I noticed something. Corran Horn was NEVER a Jedi Master. Now, I was wondering, why?

Searching TF.N's Lit board, I saw my answer. To be a master, you have to have trained someone to Knighthood as well as all the other requirements.

So, I propose this. Current masters stay masters. However, any further masters MUST have trained at least one person to Knighthood.

I dont think this overly affects anything. Most masters have trained someone anyway.

I vote YES

Nichos Marr
Nov 17th, 2001, 01:05:44 PM
I vote, Sure.

Or yes :)

Marcus QDunn
Nov 17th, 2001, 09:44:05 PM
That's not a bad idea.

Okay, so the requrementas to be recommended t be promoted are

Answer the question "How feel you"
Train a Padawn to knighthood
Pass the Master's trial as set by mtself.
Commitment to the Jedi

Yes?

Liam Jinn
Nov 18th, 2001, 09:38:45 PM
Ok, I vote sure. But this rule has to be mildly flexible. I mean there could be some people out there that would make outstanding masters but can't train very well at all.

Marcus QDunn
Nov 19th, 2001, 07:34:18 AM
The Master's trial has always been flexible with whom is tested, except fo rhte fact anyone whom to be tested must be of the right standard in their actions.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Nov 19th, 2001, 12:11:02 PM
I vote "YES" this sounds very fessible and a good idea.

Amalia Azalin
Nov 19th, 2001, 10:24:45 PM
I believe that means that my rank must be knocked down to that of a Knight?

at TGC, I have trained many students, a few(those who stayed around long enough) have been trained all the way to Knighthood.

However here, I only have two students,(that's all I've ever trained here, because I'm still somewhat new here.)they are still in the process of training.

I just thought I'd mention that to you, seeing how it is important. I know this universe is different from TGC universe, does this cause a problem or not?

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Nov 19th, 2001, 11:36:32 PM
Amalia..your title of master still holds:)

This is for future Masters.

Katarina Kariena
Nov 20th, 2001, 02:00:36 AM
yes. Although don't have your expectations to high on the Mastership thing. There are those Knights who may never make it to the rank of Master no matter how hard they do or don't try. If you make the rules to strict than some won't even try to get to that point.

AmazonBabe
Nov 20th, 2001, 02:05:47 AM
Take my vote as sure, affirmative, positive, or amen.

It all means YES. :)

(Good idea and researching, Fett.)

Marcus QDunn
Nov 20th, 2001, 02:45:23 AM
Amidala - Leia is correct, once you get Master rank here, you keep it, unless you do something like join the Sith.

Amalia Azalin
Nov 20th, 2001, 12:32:50 PM
ok, thanks for answering my question, much appreciated.:)

ReaperFett
Nov 20th, 2001, 01:44:34 PM
how cruel would that be? You become a master, and we demote you before a month has passed!

:)

Katarina Kariena
Nov 20th, 2001, 11:36:30 PM
*lol* I still say please be carefull and make a few of the rules flexable depending on the person.

Organa Solo
Nov 20th, 2001, 11:54:47 PM
Yeah, if they haven't demoted me, the queen of inactivity yet Amnde, there's no way you're going anywhere!!! :)

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 21st, 2001, 01:07:35 AM
I will just repeat something that might not be too well known or forgotten....

I may not be on the Council or training anyone, but there is one thing that is my responsibility - the testing of Jedi Knights for Master promotion. I think up a test that would e a challenge and then observe to see if that Knight is worthy of Masterhood - not passed, worthy. It's entirely possible to fail and still be worthy.

Thence there is no standard as such and it's never discussed openly. The Knight in question is always tested wiithout their knowledge and sometimes in quite different and unexpected ways. Like the one I set up on Liam. It is a subjective test with no "rules" as such. A trial is usually set up to attack a specific weakness as well, but it will specifically involve temptation to the Dark Side. Other areas often looked at is knowledge and also wisdom.

Trials are never easy, they are never set up to be bias and due to the fact a Knight does not know of the test, we dont have anyone storming out if they failed. If there is a failure, the Knight will be simply watched until they have improved enough to be tested again.

Believe me, some Knights have been tested a few times and there are some Knights I doubt will ever pass. Being a Master is a privledge, not a right.

I'll also point out that there have been times where a Knight has done somethign that makes them worthy of promotion without further testing.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 21st, 2001, 04:46:22 PM
I vote yes as well. Good idea Fett.

[The requirements DT listed earlier (questions by the Council, comitment to the Jedi Order and a difficult trial) also applies for candidates for Master]

Akrabbim
Nov 22nd, 2001, 10:53:51 PM
I think this is a rather good idea. You got my vote. :)