PDA

View Full Version : COUNCIL - Rama and a few others made an offer

Captain Tohmahawk
Jan 4th, 2002, 09:05:51 AM
I can hardly believe I'm recommending this be accepted. Much bad blood and OOC BS has been removed.....

Anyway, with the shortage of Jedi to train and accept Padawans, Rama and one or two other experienced RP'ers from TSE want to give us a hand with training new players. They propose taking up either dormant Jedi characters they have or create new ones (I think there are mainly dormant ones for this) and help us out.

I believe this offer to be genuine. Okay, it does seem odd I'm saying this, but a few of us whom have been OOC fighting for a while have settled matters and just want to get back to roleplay, Jedi vs Sith.

What say everyone?

Captain Tohmahawk
Jan 4th, 2002, 09:46:30 PM
I would add this would be temporary ONLY until the present training problem is over.

Okay, where's the comments? I thought this would create more than blank looks....

Morgan Evanar
Jan 4th, 2002, 09:48:11 PM
Told ya, I've gotta thinkg about it.

Nichos Marr
Jan 4th, 2002, 11:21:55 PM
:\

Leave the Jedi training and the Jedi matters to us Jedi. It's nice they want to help and all, but I don't like the idea. I suppose it would work if a few trustworthy ones were chosen such as Vega, Rama, etc.

TUJK
Jan 5th, 2002, 04:12:19 AM
Who are you, and what have you done with the read DT?

well, just to have my say, I'm split on the issue.

Reactivation of old Jedi Characters : Good idea. They already exist, even if dusty.

Creation of new Characters for teaching : Bad idea. Presents the wrong face for the jedi, and not entirely with the scope of the way we do things. Create, train, prove worthy, fine. Create, teach... no.

Warren Azalin
Jan 5th, 2002, 04:47:28 AM
I kinda agree on a sorta split here, I mean we have a lot less Jedi to teach then we have Padawans and that is not good, but I don't really think we need temporary Jedi to take the extras. I mean it could help but then what of when they leave? The Padawans are left with a Master that doesn't really exist. For now I think the Force Class that is being held by me and a few others can do the job of what a few "extra" Jedi would do. It's a gracious offer but I doubt we are that out of options yet...

Just my two cents.

Katarina Kariena
Jan 5th, 2002, 07:00:35 AM
If their old Jedi characters then they already exist. I'm willing to bet none of the newer people ever heard of my Jedi Master, who quit SWFans a while ago. Only some of the older people here who knew him, and maybe some people who joined shortly after I did vaguely remember him. If the old Jedi characters already exist then I say go for it. If they have to create new ones.... I'm a bit hessitant(sp) on that issue.

AmazonBabe
Jan 5th, 2002, 07:33:01 AM
Well, I don't have too much pf a prob with it, so long as they're fair with keeping their Jedi as Jedi and their Sith as Sith.

But it would help in training the new Jedi recruits.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 6th, 2002, 02:31:11 AM
No. I don't think we should do that at all.

Why don't we just advance the Padawans quickly. Let's put them through tough trials, test their limits, then promote them. This would only apply to those who are close to Knighthood, but have not been proven yet.

Someone give me a list of Padawans. I'm back now and only have one Padawan. So give me a list and I'll pick some more. I like Padawans that are around often.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 6th, 2002, 03:43:10 AM
The padawan situation is the single most crippling thing facing GJO right now.

Tons of padawans out there with nary a snowball's chance in hell of advancing to Knight.

The month promotion thing may have had a purpose, but now its really being an obstruction to a lot of good talent here.

Darth Turbogeek
Jan 6th, 2002, 08:26:02 AM
Put the names up if that is so. Lets hear them.

And no, I dont give a rat's about the month of promotion. If they are ready, I want to hear their names. If they are so-so, I'll test them.

Come on, name them!

Akrabbim
Jan 7th, 2002, 02:32:53 AM
I have an idea. The way I see it, if you already have a character, you know the ropes well enough to train yourself. Thus, why not only assign masters to NEW padawans, as in someone's first character. Otherwise, they should just sit in on classes.

AmazonBabe
Jan 7th, 2002, 05:24:26 AM
Well, that's an idea to shuffle about, Akrabbim. And it does make sense. I'd be for it.

I mean, for example, if I were to create another character, it'd be somewhat time consuming for me to ask for a master when I could "train" myself. Let those that are JUST starting out have masters.