PDA

View Full Version : What would you think if.....

Starquest aka AndyR
May 10th, 2002, 08:07:01 AM
What would you think if George Lucas made an official announcement that he was going to re-do the OT after he completes I - III?

I dont mean a re-hash like the special editions. I mean a complete remake with new stars and new sets and new effects - all of which would tie into the first three episodes more fluidly.

I was thinking about all the changes to the special edition, and the rumors about him doing another edition to make the transition from epIII to ep IV - and it made me think - why not start over from scratch? If he really wants to change it, then make a total change and leave the OT alone.

in fact, what about the 20 years between epIII and epIV? he could make those, then remake ANH, ESB and ROTJ as episodes 7-9....

Just thinking....

darth_mcbain
May 10th, 2002, 08:22:34 AM
I'd think he's crazy. Those movies defined a generation - to remake them would just not sit right with me. I think they're fine just the way they are. Also, if he were to do that it would take at least another 6 or 7 years, and somehow I don't think he would like to spend the rest of his creative life just remaking his movies - I think he would like to get into different creative ventures.

sirdizzy
May 10th, 2002, 08:25:05 AM
hell do 7-9 first

Charley
May 10th, 2002, 04:30:58 PM
Never make 7-9. I couldn't possibly see that fitting. It would be worse than a matrix sequel!

JMK
May 10th, 2002, 05:10:30 PM
That wouldn't sit well at all. The OT defined Star Wars as a cultural iconm and to remake it would be sacrilege! Admittedly, it would be interesting to see what kind of vision could come up with now for the OT, but not at the expense of making the classic films expendable.

Shawn
May 10th, 2002, 09:44:48 PM
I think any remakes of the OT would inherently suck - they couldn't possibly get all the original cast members.

I think Episodes 7, 8 and 9 should be based off of "Heir to the Empire", "Dark Force Rising" and "The Last Command", respectively. :)

JMK
May 10th, 2002, 09:47:52 PM
I agree with that, they do have a pretty good story that fits quite nicely within the movies. Maybe they could place it further in the future (if they did a 7-9) and try their damndest to get the original cast back together.

Live Wire
May 12th, 2002, 06:34:06 PM
I agree with shawn as well on the ep 7 8 and 9.

and as for a remake of star wars entirely....Id say time for then men in white coats to take george lucas away. That would be horrible!

sirdizzy
May 12th, 2002, 10:19:15 PM
i doubt lucas would do the heir to the empire series thats zahns work not his own

Jedi Master Carr
May 12th, 2002, 10:36:33 PM
He said on CNN that he wasn't going to do any more films period, but he did say that it might not be finished in other avenues excluding theaterical film. I am sure Books is part of the equation but I am curious about TV maybe he would concede to having animated movies made for TV of some of the books, I think that would be a cool idea, there also could be other things I guess.

Starquest aka AndyR
May 13th, 2002, 08:59:43 AM
I had read somewhere that he was not going to make any more new SW films at all. He then said that he had some other movie ideas rolling around in his head that he would like to make after SW is done.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 13th, 2002, 01:00:22 PM
Indiana Jones 4,5 and 6!

:p A remake? Horrible idea!

And more movies, based on Zahn's trilogy would be awesome.

But..if he were to only do one more movie after Ep 3, what about Shadows of the Empire? That book was sooo good.

ReaperFett
May 13th, 2002, 01:08:33 PM
Thrawn would be awful in film.

He should make NOTHING more after EP3

Doc Milo
May 13th, 2002, 01:09:20 PM
I'd like to see a live-action TV series based on the NJO. They can focus on the efforts of the New Republic military, forces like Rogue and Wraith Squadrons, Kyps dozen, as well as some of the exploits of the Jedi Knights. This way, they wouldn't need the original actors to play the original characters, and can just get them to make cameo appearances.

ReaperFett
May 13th, 2002, 01:17:08 PM
An X-Wing TV series might work

JediBoricua
May 13th, 2002, 04:59:43 PM
*drools at the idea of an x-wing tv series*

oops, sorry....

Jedieb
May 14th, 2002, 09:04:24 AM
I think we're going to see Lucas return to television. He's said before he wants to do more "esoteric" material. Another series along the lines of what we saw with the Young Indy series. But I don't think we'll see anything connected with Star Wars or Indy in the series. I think it'll be some of the projects Lucas has had on his back burner for years.

JMK
May 14th, 2002, 06:45:41 PM
As much as I adore Lucas for SW, I'm not really going to hold my breath for his next projects. Indy was cool, but aside from AotC and Episode 3, I don't expect much else from him in the future.