PDA

View Full Version : Day One on the AFI Film

CMJ
May 9th, 2002, 07:23:50 PM
No shooting...but all sorts of prop pick ups. We went to the Prop wharehoue at Universal Studio's...and HOLY COW is that place big! They have like everything you could think of there. Plus I think I recognized some props from the Mummy films along with Apollo 13 and some others(plus certain items had reserved tags on them so now I know what to look for in "The Hulk" next summer ;) ). That was really cool.

Another amusing thing...tourists going through the tour of the park would gawk at us even if all we were doing was loading up a van with boxes. I was like..."Yeah...I haven't even made it an I'm a tourist attraction." ;) Overall a long hard day of packing stuff up and moving it...but really fun nonetheless. Oh yeah....I saw Spielberg's headquarters....that was awesome. :)

Jedi Master Carr
May 9th, 2002, 10:05:34 PM
That sounds really cool I wish I had your job.

CMJ
May 10th, 2002, 12:08:57 AM
Yeah...you say that...the pay isn't good(as in NONE!). :P

Jedi Master Carr
May 10th, 2002, 12:12:27 AM
Well that is a defintely one negative thing about the job. Still the work does sound cool.

JMK
May 10th, 2002, 07:41:05 AM
But sounds cool and that's what really counts!;)

Jedieb
May 10th, 2002, 09:19:34 AM
Sounds like you're enjoying the hard work, CMJ. Good for you. Now, stuff some stuff down your pants and auction it off on ebay. Make your job work for YOU! ;)

Mu Satach
May 10th, 2002, 06:12:55 PM
:lol

So, when I finally move out to LaLa land and your a big shot, you gonna hook me up with a job??? :D

CMJ
May 10th, 2002, 06:47:06 PM
LOL, we'll see Ms. Satach. :P

Mu Satach
May 10th, 2002, 07:03:21 PM
It's never to early to start networking. ;)

And have I showed you my latest script? It's a humm dinnger... think Jurassic Park meets the Brigette Jones Diary!

A young on the go single gal can't decide between the raptor she loves or the T-rex who's right there....

it'll be a hit! it'll be a smash!!
we'll make millions!
I'll have my people call your people... we'll do lunch!

:crack

sorry, couldn't resist... I'm in a weird mood right now. :)

I'll be good now.
:angel

Admiral Lebron
May 10th, 2002, 07:19:37 PM
Only a weird mood? :)

Mu Satach
May 10th, 2002, 07:34:31 PM
So your telling me there might be more to my madness???

JMK
May 10th, 2002, 07:39:35 PM
Are you running a fever by chance?;)

Admiral Lebron
May 10th, 2002, 08:09:30 PM
Or have you just been running into walls? :p

JonathanLB
May 10th, 2002, 08:43:17 PM
That is really cool, good experience for sure.

I forget what prop house I went to while I was there, but we saw a ton of stuff from various films. Also of course those reserve tags, like there was actually a lot there saying "Reserved for X-Files." It was neat getting to see, although the assignment we had was a pain.

I like Jedieb's way of thinking here, haha. ;)

CMJ
May 10th, 2002, 09:18:55 PM
LOL...if you end up in LA, Mu...we'll do lunch I promise. ;) LOL!

So on a more serious note do you write scripts(for real not your nice story scenario)? I dabble in it a bit....though I'm not sure I'm very good YET. I will improve...and I will make it out here...that is a promise.

Mu Satach
May 13th, 2002, 04:05:28 PM
I do write and play with film...

I've shot a small film that I'm trying to find time to edit.... my first if you don't include what I did for a class last fall. (it's a horror spoof that's probably going to be about 2 to 5 min.) I haven't been editing too much because my car broke down and I can't stay up here at the Univ. late to work on it. So as soon as the car is fixed I'll be finishing it up and laying in the sound track and effects.

I'm storyboarding another one right now off of a script I did a couple of months ago. (Sort of my own personal slam against info-comercials and the diet industry.)

And I've got another short in mind that I want to have done by the end of the summer that's a suspense thriller. (But, I want to finish editing the horror spoof first. :))

They are not much, just kinda short silent movies really... no real dialogue to speak of... (I got a buddy who's doing the music for them. :D) I figure as I get a better handle on editing, filming and directing people, I'll get more into dialogue. I've already got one lined up that I'll probably do sometime in the fall that is all action and dialogue. Provided I finish up the thriller. Should be interesting. :rollin

I've also got a file cabinet full of short stories and ideas that I've been building for quite a while. Just need to get off my ass and edit them up and try and sell some... so I'm also learning how to do query letters and market research at the moment. :)

I'm not sure how good I am either at the moment... but I keep getting encouragement from different places. So only time will tell. :)