PDA

View Full Version : Prom, the real question...

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 9th, 2002, 05:19:53 PM
Ok, for those of you who know me, you know I aint a real socialble guy, I dont shun girls, I just treat them as equals and have fun hanging with them doing school or after school. But I aint one for dating during High School, I don't belive in it.

Yet, with Prom coming up, my friends are pressuring me to go with a date, and my sister is telling me to take one of her friends.

So here is the low-down:

I can go with my sister's friend a girl just about 6'2 (Best Women Basketball Player at school) She is beautiful, but being 6'2, not many guys would ask her out. I'm 6'4 so its all good.

Or, I could go with this girl I have known for about 2 years. Not real well known, a School friend. Someone you say hey to at school and talk to. She is super cute, and is smart. Yet, her head only comes up to my lower chest. But she is very cute... very very cute.

Ah Man! The Desicions! My head hurts...

All this could be decided by something else... I could get sick... or the real fear... How the HELL am I going to get money for this??? I aint spoiled, so I actually need to work... Or, I could just skip it. I am known for NEVER going to any school dance anyway. (They all suck BIG TIME!) And I dont see myself dancing in a freaking museam either. As if I can dance anyway, you would think a Soccer Player could at least learn some fancy foot works, but nope.

Admiral Lebron
May 9th, 2002, 05:39:35 PM
Follow your heart...? Meh. Personally, do some research on them(i.e ask about them) see what their answer would be to you. As for money take up a part time job or mow lawns for your neighbors for money?

Nathanial K'cansce
May 9th, 2002, 05:57:10 PM
I'd ask the super very very very cute girl that is shorter than you and that you have been friends for two years. I'm sure, if she doesn't have a date, she'd say yeah. If not, then go with the Basketball player. Heh, could play some one on one hoops after the prom. ;)

Jehova Eaven
May 9th, 2002, 06:54:45 PM
Hmm..... tough decision.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 9th, 2002, 07:12:11 PM
Dyzm...As a tall girl myself (but not THAT tall), I say, ask the tall girl, since chances of her being asked by someone else taller than her are slim. My heart goes out to her! But then, she plays a sport, and people who play sports are always more popular than people like me.

BUT, if you're actually friends with the other girl, I'd ask her. And she's really really cute too! (But then, as a taller, not "cute like a bunny" girl, I have resentments towards short girls too. :p)

Ultimately, you probably already know who you want to ask. Maybe you're just afraid! GO FOR IT! I'm sure you'll make the right decision. As for money..I'd float you a loan, but I'm flat broke. :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 9th, 2002, 09:59:10 PM
Follow my heart eh? Then I must find this 1 girl... who moved on me :( Stupid Military Familys! She didn't even have time to give me a AIM name!

We had slowly become friends in Japanese Class. Goofing off and all, now me, being a Shy Guy never got the nerve to ask her out, or tell her about my feelings for her. I was content just to sit and talk to her. Then Summer crept up and hit. My parents unleashed a "Suprise Vacation" and we left to Colorado. When I got back, it turned out her Father got reassigned somewhere and she moved.... MOVED!!! Sophmore Year.... I still miss her. Which is why I have never gone to any dance yet. Just didnt feel right, with me still thinking about her. And I know if I still dwell on this, just 1 year of knowing her, then what will happen to me If I let myself fall for another girl who suddenly decides to leave me or some unknown reason. Think how crushed I will be then.

Even though I know it wasnt her fault she moved. I still miss her...I am a hopeless Romantic (as some people put it) And I can't move on. God, what a pathetic loser I am. Dedicated to someone out of my life.

But I try to move on. Which Is why I am trying to go to Prom.

The girl I lost was another tall girl. just a couple inches shorter then me in 10th grade. And beautiful Red Hair. Friends made fun of me becuse she wasnt hot, she was average. But I loved her smile, and her laugh, she had a great personality.

Crazy aint it, me spilling my sorrows out here, instead of telling any of my friends or family. This place is better then counseling... lol......... I'm going to go watch TV now....

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 9th, 2002, 10:02:20 PM
P.S. thanks for listening, I proberly would of gone insane and hurt myself or others if this place wasnt here, if you people weren't here. May God bless you, you here, being kindly to someone you have never met, will proberly never see. This place is more then just a Star Wars Fan Site. Its something bigger.

Shawn
May 9th, 2002, 10:10:21 PM
God, what a pathetic loser I am. Dedicated to someone out of my lifeWould it help to know that you're not the only "loser" here? :|

Lilaena De'Ville
May 9th, 2002, 10:20:13 PM
*hugs* Dyzm..you are NOT alone.

*I* never went to a prom. :cry But I was homeschooled. *cues the homeschool jokes* Heck I never went to ANY dances anywhere.

And as to being dedicated to someone out of your life...it takes YEARS to get over a first love in some cases. And as for being afraid that a special someone will leave you...thats frightening to everyone, if they're honest.

Just take someone for fun to the prom, and let them know you just want to go as friends. No pressure, and you can be yourselves and not have to worry about what the other person is thinking.

Rama
May 10th, 2002, 12:25:17 AM
Take them both! BE A PLAYER!

Hee Hee........Homeschool.

Threepio
May 10th, 2002, 12:31:25 AM
*smacks Rama*

oops wrong name! Oh well.

*submits himself for a memory purge*

Lady Vader
May 10th, 2002, 12:32:10 AM
*Narrows eyes at Rama.*

Surprise. I was homeschooled too during my highschool years.

And I turned out juuuuuuuuuust fine! :p

(This after playing 20-some-odd characters and splitting my brain into gawd knows how many personalities! :lol)

Threepio
May 10th, 2002, 12:32:32 AM
I've heard all the jokes already anyway.

Rama
May 10th, 2002, 12:41:39 AM
Well that explains why you two are so whipped >=D

Public School made you tough...........made you hate your life and wanna do better then your parnets.

You know so you could homeschool your kids. '___'

Threepio
May 10th, 2002, 12:47:25 AM
Um...who are you directing that post to? I'm so confused. :p

Live Wire
May 10th, 2002, 01:51:12 AM
lol! Dyzm for the best prom experience go with someone who's a friend that you know you can have fun hanging out with. Granted I went to a strange HS where everyone in our class was good friends with each other. But dont go with someone who's guts you can end up hating awhile down the road. (knew some people who made that mistake) go to have fun go with someone who you like to be around who you are comfortable talking with and dance your @$$ off!

Marcus Telcontar
May 10th, 2002, 02:15:18 AM
Well, in Australia there's no such thing as a Prom. Thankfully. That would have sucked, given how much I detested school.

There are Socials, which always sucked. And of course there is a End of School bash. Which I refused to go to - except with a High Power V8. And proceeded to rip up the pavement and smoke them out with burnt rubber. Later that night I returned and basically called the cops out, anonymous tip off there was drugs there. I have no smypathy for those bastards that made my life a hell for 6 years.

I hated school and I hated anything to do with it. I hated the bullies and the fem cliques. I'm so glad it's now 15 years behind me.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 10th, 2002, 09:04:17 AM
Mark...that wasn't very helpful.

Although calling the cops of your school: that was funny. :lol

Jedieb
May 10th, 2002, 09:17:10 AM
It's sound to me like you're closer to the short girl than the tall basketball player. Height shouldn't be a consideration. (This opinion is probably the result of my being only 5'7".) But you should definitely go. I went to both my Junior and Senior proms back in the ancients days known as the 80's. Bon Jovi, U2's Joshua Tree, ah the good old days... I digress, one of my prom dates was just a friend and we had a great time. Getting the tux, picking your date up, posing for pictures, hanging out, clumsily navigating the dance floor, these are all great experiences. My advice, ask the short girl and have a great time!

Ryla Relvinian
May 10th, 2002, 10:37:11 AM
Ahh. I remember my prom....

http://www.ryla.net/images/miniprom.jpg

Those were the days. Luckily for me, I have a very tall BF so we made a cute couple. Anyhoots, my advice is this. Take who you know you'll be comfortable with enough to talk to and dance with the whole time. In fact our prom was at a small ballroom with a balcony, and we spent more time up on the balcony with a whole bunch of insane friends than dancing.

Go with whomever you will be relaxed and having fun with the whole time. And always get your date a corsage. :]

imported_QuiGonJ
May 10th, 2002, 10:38:42 AM
LV, yep, I think that statement of yours is a bit open to debate. :p

I'd say height shouldn't matter, just who you like better. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 10th, 2002, 10:50:57 AM
OMG Ryla!

You aren't blue! *world shatters*

Master Yoghurt
May 10th, 2002, 11:10:39 AM
Her dress is blue though :)

Ryla Relvinian
May 10th, 2002, 11:17:33 AM
lol. Yeah! My dress is blue!!! So there. :]

Rama
May 10th, 2002, 01:09:17 PM
Hmmmmmmmm.......not blue, this requires another Brain Tissue Sample.

Garrett Blade
May 10th, 2002, 01:51:13 PM
Dyzm, you seem to be very much like me. A hopeless romantic. The girl I like - seems like she's just not interested - in fact the ignores me since we went out on a date last Hallowe'en. And no matter how hard I try, I can't forget about her. Luckily, she's leaving in Summer to go to another school so hopefully out of sight will result in out of mind - as opposed to me being out of my mind, as in insanity, if she stays. For this reason, I hated my school Christmas Ball. I asked her to dance, she said she was too tired - despite having danced once with a group of friends. And the girl you know, her being short and extremely cute reminds me of the girl I "Like" as she's shorter than me and very cute (though I prefer the word beautiful). So I'd say go for the cute one. This is probably the most serious post I've ever made. A bit too serious if you ask me!

Charley
May 10th, 2002, 03:01:32 PM
My prom date was incredibly hot, and I had a great time!

Unfortunately, she was 6'1"...same height as me. But she was wearing heels, and I wore those paper thin tux shoes. When we slow danced, I had to put my head on her shoulder :cry

But...she was hot.

But...she was also really really bland and unemotional. Maybe she was amish or something, I don't know. She's about as fun as a kick in the nuts.

Lady Vader
May 10th, 2002, 03:40:42 PM
Wow, Garrett! I'm shocked! That was a serious post! :eek

And I suggest you go with the gril you feel most comfortable with. In the long run, you want to have a fun time, and going with someone you know helps in achieving this. :)

AZDaizy
May 10th, 2002, 04:24:18 PM
Well...I'm probably not helping here, but I agree, go with the one you know better. You'll have a better time.

My bf doesn't want to go to prom :( He's going anyways...but I feel bad...I feel like I'm forcing him. But it's my senior year darnit! I'm not going to see a lot of my friends again, and this is one of the last big things I get to do with them.

But I still feel bad :(

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 10th, 2002, 08:05:21 PM
My biggest problem was that I don't know either girl very well.

And to take a quote from Marcus

I have no smypathy for those bastards that made my life a hell for 6 years.

I feel the same way. And you know at this prom we won't be listening to any real music.... NOTHING BUT RAP! I found out today, looked at the playlist. (School to cheap for a real band)
4 Hours of RAP!!! Holy CRAP ON A CRAP CRACKER! Not even Ska or Punk Rock! I'm planning on skipping it now. Heard a bunch of guys where going to chuck-e-cheese with a bunch of girls half way through. No Formal dates. I might join them. Hang out, eat Pizza, entire meal for 20 bucks. I know the tall Basketball Girl would enjoy this. She has the same type of Personality that I do. I don't enjoy dancing, I like hanging out, having fun. The short girl, I dont see her doing this. But like I said, School sucks. Its a Rap school and the only place we do hear Rock is on the Morning announcments. (all the rappers didn't have the dedication to make it on the Broadcasting Team,)

What Ever I do, I'll post it, along with pictures. Which reminds me. I'll post on some movies I made in Broadcasting. :)

Alec Lafeyette
May 10th, 2002, 08:34:19 PM
Oh man I know what you're saying Dyzm, I can't stand rap. That's all dances are nowadays. I say go have fun and be yourself at chucky cheese.

Admiral Lebron
May 10th, 2002, 08:39:01 PM
Our prom went well. Like 30% good music(Aerosmith etc) like 30% decent rap (the kind that is sorta like real music) and then the rest just icky rap(The kind like...how'd they become famous again?) But yeah, dances are mostly rap these days, and thats why my school dances have bombed pretty much lately.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 10th, 2002, 08:53:11 PM
I didn't go to my senior prom, and I''m not suffering emotionally for it. I mean, I was homeschooled until the tenth grade, and the public school I ended up going to for the last three years of high school was very very very very small.

We're talking maybe 230 kids....K-12. The prom was held in the community hall.

Needless to say, I did not miss anything.

As for my bit of advice, I say go if you want, but you shouldn't have to feel pressured in any way to attend.

Shawn
May 10th, 2002, 09:24:51 PM
I never did anything school related. No prom, no homecoming, no senior trip... nada. I hate all forms of school with a vivid passion.

Morgan Evanar
May 10th, 2002, 09:39:27 PM
I'm in the same boat as Shawn... cept I was pretty much forced to do something (threatend with death by a teacher).

It wasn't a total waste of time, but I really wish we had gone to Busch Gardens instead of Disney.

School would have been so much more tolerable if it started at 9.

Figrin D'an
May 10th, 2002, 09:55:09 PM
I went to my senior prom with a girl that was a good friend of mine. I think we both felt that it would be much more enjoyable to go with someone with whom we were comfortable and could have a fun evening.

I avoided most major school functions... more often than not, I'd get together with a group of friends, and we'd go out on the town instead of going to the school-sanctioned event. It was a lot more fun that way. :)

Jared Mriad
May 10th, 2002, 11:22:01 PM
I've refused to go to any school sponsored event, save football (NS team; SC 1999-2000 & 2001-2002 Class A State Champs) which is worth the 5 bux to go to. Any prom up to the senior one is just a waste of my time. :D :| >_<

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 11th, 2002, 12:48:53 AM
for school events, I attended just 3 things. 1 homecoming Football game (we lost). Another Football game, (again we lost)

And Springfest, which was fun becuse I just goofed off with friends the entire night. (Luckly all the Rappers aka Idiots, went off into the "Dance Club Room" so all the rest of us played volleyball, jumped around on the inflatable toys, and generally goofed off. Its the ONLY thing at high school which I will look back on and say "Sweeeeeet" That and the Broadcasting Class, which is a Voc class and kept away from the rest of the school.

ReaperFett
May 11th, 2002, 05:53:00 AM
We didn't have a prom. Probably wouldn't have gone anyway

Admiral Lebron
May 11th, 2002, 06:58:37 AM
You people are kinda anti-school if I must say. School isn't that bad. If you make attempts to make it enjoyable it will be. I tried Marching Band my first year and loved it. Kept that going with Pep Band for basketball season and then do lacrosse in spring plus Student government all year long. It's a great experience and loads of fun. Just my opinion.

ReaperFett
May 11th, 2002, 07:12:18 AM
School was quite enjoyable for me. So was College. University sucks eggs though

Figrin D'an
May 11th, 2002, 09:26:17 AM
I wouldn't say I was 'anti-school.' I just didn't attend some of the larger school-sponsered social gatherings (ie. dances). Beyond that, I was highly involved in my high school... band and choir member, yearbook editor, President of National Honor Society, student government, baseball, etc... plus stuff outside of school.

It's just a matter of personal preference... I liked to hang out with my friends outside of school than at a school event. It worked well. :)

Ryla Relvinian
May 11th, 2002, 10:27:37 AM
Yeah, I wasn't ani-school, but like most of you only attended one of our football games. I will say this publicly and on the reccord: Clackamas Cavaliers Suck. Ok.

Anyway, I prefer the "geekier" clubs, like the website design crew, choir, and colorguard. Yes, they did play some suck music at prom, but I just kept going up and harassing the DJ until they played some Sting or something.

Rama
May 11th, 2002, 11:15:56 AM
at my school.....if you missed more then 20 days they'd hold you back a grade..........so I missed 19.75

AZDaizy
May 11th, 2002, 12:19:48 PM
I like some rap...*prepares to be ambushed*

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 11th, 2002, 12:34:46 PM
I don't mind some of the older rap, to tell you the truth. It's just most of the new stuff that hurts my ears.

Hell, I listened to two hours of Japanese pop last night- er- early early this morning until it drove me completely insane.

My taste in music is astoundingly random :D

DarthNuriko
May 11th, 2002, 08:13:53 PM
school.... *shudder* >_<

clubs.... *shudder* >_<

modern rap.... *shudder* >_<

chucky cheese.... *shudder* >_<

prom.... *shudder* >_<

PROM!.... *shudder* >_< *GAGS* :x

blue dress! :D

Arya Ravenwing
May 12th, 2002, 01:24:07 AM
Nuriko has just shown us all that every thread has ONE good point in it.

:)

Ryla Relvinian
May 12th, 2002, 03:17:47 AM
YATTA!!!

*goes to bed* I need more sleep I am telling you all now.

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 12th, 2002, 03:51:51 AM
I am so ANTI-SCHOOL it aint even funny... well, just my school.

My school district itself is so bad that our super attendent is trying to transfer out. The Student Body Leaders sit around polishing nails and doing hair all day. Even though our Jazz Band is the best in the state (So many awards)
We find the money to them cut again and again to buy our Football Team, which won only 3 games last season, new Uniforms. Our Newspaper class is a dumping ground for those who can't get regular english. We just built a new side gym. Ignoring the fact that our main Gym leaks, the locker rooms sucks, and the Gym's Sound System sounds like it was a old WW2 Air Raid Siren. Lets not forget the closed campus, the leaking breezeways, (Our school was designed perfectly for Cali... not so for Washington) and the fact we have to drive half way across town to play our home games in the stadium at our rival's school.

AZDaizy
May 12th, 2002, 09:31:56 AM
yeah...uhm...that does suck.

Check this, Girls Varsity soccer got NOTHING, NOTHING...and we were Bay League Champs. CHAMPIONS! Football team, that lost...I'm not sure how many games, gets everything. It's not fair I tell you!

Admiral Lebron
May 12th, 2002, 10:14:01 AM
Football rakes in the most money, so naturally they get the biggest budget. At my school, lacrosse is a non-sponsered sport meaning we have to pay for everything on our own. For your first season you could spend up to 500 dollars buying equipment and for team dues. While football players spend 30 bucks on a physical and get everything handed to them.

Rama
May 12th, 2002, 03:27:25 PM
"You know what Carl Malone calls Rap?....................crap."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 12th, 2002, 03:57:55 PM
There were things I was anti-school about, and other thing's I wasn't. I was in jazz band (played the piano), I designed the school shirt, I held the prinipal's candy machine hostage and made a ransom video, and for our senior prank, we chained all the gates around our principal's property shut (rural community. VERY rural community) so he couldn't get out.

As far as dances and stuff like that went though, I never felt the need to go, so I didn't.

DarthNuriko
May 12th, 2002, 09:03:57 PM
I attended. That should've been enough. :D

Live Wire
May 12th, 2002, 09:17:17 PM
Ooooh pretty blue dress! Actually I think I have one similar to that. I have too many clothes *hee hee*

the main part of my school life that sucked was the homework. Everything other then that was pretty awesome. I had a lot of really great friends I still keep in touch with. I was a nerd though. I co founded our schools chess club. I was in dance club, helped plan prom, I did chorus.....all the nerdy things.

However our prom rocked! When your graduating class is 120 you know everyone there and its great. We voted on music so everyone was happy and our prom tickets were only $19.99. Also the year I graduated. The food was gourmet, the hotel room we rented in LA was divine. I also helped decorate. :) Ahhh memories. *goes to dig up her prom pics* We all cleaned up real well.

I actually didn't go with my b/f at the time. A choice Im so grateful for now. I went with a friend I was comfortable with just hanging out. I danced with everyone and had a splendid time.

wow...I just ranted. Oh well I know no one prolly cares about any of the above but I just felt nostalgic after all the anti school sentiment.

DarthNuriko
May 12th, 2002, 09:29:02 PM
>=(

::steals nostalgia:: >=D

^___^

AZDaizy
May 12th, 2002, 10:35:02 PM
Our tickets are $145...:: bursts into tears ::

Arya Ravenwing
May 12th, 2002, 10:50:09 PM
I didn't have a prom. Homeschooled..and NO I didn't go to school dances with my brother! WE DIDN"T HAVE DANCES! :grumble

Live Wire
May 12th, 2002, 11:48:11 PM
ouch ali thats insane!!!!! Our class started raising money for prom two weeks into our freshmen year. We technically didnt have to charge admission to prom but we used the money we raised from prom for our senior gift to the school.