PDA

View Full Version : Time to talk some business

TheHolo.Net
May 9th, 2002, 01:58:16 PM
With the advent of several Roleplaying groups moving here, traffic is most likely going to increase around here significantly. With that expected increase in posting and reading traffic, the current staff feels it would be in the best interest of everyone who participates here that another Roleplaying moderator be chosen.

Lets hear some nominations, and once that process has occurred satisfactorily, we shall vote.

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2002, 02:01:42 PM
LW

TheHolo.Net
May 9th, 2002, 02:16:37 PM
Here are my nominations:

Lady Vader
Lilaena De’Ville
Master Yoghurt
Loki/Gav Mortis

Gav Mortis
May 9th, 2002, 02:31:42 PM
Danke for the nomination. :)

I'd like to think that the names that I put forward haven't been influenced by the previous nominations here, it certainly looks like it but it honestly isn't that way. I'd like to nominate:

Lady Vader
Lilaena De'Ville
Live Wire
Master Yoghurt

Helenias Evenstar
May 9th, 2002, 02:33:50 PM
I dont really believe there is another one needed. It is fairly sedate here and I personally think any problems are being handled well and in a fast timely manner.

Moltar
May 9th, 2002, 03:03:50 PM
Three nominations.

Vega Van Derveld
Seerra Tesseerra (Videl)
Laran Katran (Vengence)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 9th, 2002, 03:07:46 PM
Nominated again? :D It would be an honor I would accept. Anyway.

Helenias, he is referring to an EXPECTED increase. Not necessarily right now, as the boards haven't fully been moved over yet.

I would nominate:

Gav Mortis
Lady Vader
Master Yoghurt

That will be all. :)

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2002, 03:08:14 PM
Oh, as many nominations as we want? In that case:

LV
Garrett (If he loses the pink text;))
Yog
LD (Although I dont think she'll accept)

Darth Lynch
May 9th, 2002, 03:10:43 PM
I rather agree with Q'Dunn's view but betting a new mod will be choosen thus shall tosse in some names.

1. LW
2. Rama
3. Yog

Whoever gets the job good luck.

Your going to need it.

That and tylenol.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 9th, 2002, 03:10:59 PM
My nominations are:

Gav Mortis
Master Yoghurt
Lady Vader
Lilaena De'Ville
Garret Blade
DarthHERA (I don't know if she'd already a mod, though)

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2002, 03:16:56 PM
She isnt

Taylor Millard
May 9th, 2002, 03:21:14 PM
Gav, Yog, LD, Hera, LV, and LW

That's who I think...

Domini Leveresk
May 9th, 2002, 03:26:14 PM
LD and Viscera.

Shawn
May 9th, 2002, 03:45:08 PM
My humble nomination is for Master Yoghurt. He's been around quite a bit lately, and is one of the most level-headed people here.

If either of them were around more, I'd nominate Nichos or Figrin, for similar reasons.

Live Wire
May 9th, 2002, 03:55:19 PM
well thanks for the nominations those of you who mentioned me.

I also think

Gav Mortis
Lady Vader
lady Deville
or Yoghurt would be good for the job as well.

imported_Dara Shadowtide
May 9th, 2002, 03:56:23 PM
1. Yoghurt
2. Figrin
3. Rama

HunterJodoKast
May 9th, 2002, 04:06:05 PM
They are all great choices perhaps those being nominated for the position will give us some feedback themselves and help us vote. Thoughts?

Marcus Telcontar
May 9th, 2002, 04:29:00 PM
Eh, At the risk of parroting the other half, I dont think it's needed either. There's enough moderators listed already. GJO is a lot more active lately and we're doing okay with equivalent staff. We also just did a big cull of non active moderators

Be that as it may, Master Yogurt or Rama Sha should get the nod. Yogurt cause he is truly even keeled and Rama - well..... okay, that may not be a popular choice, but I think he will do the job well and be responsible. Staff positions are not a popularity contest, it's about who is best able to do the job.

Garrett Blade
May 9th, 2002, 04:30:05 PM
I'd just like to say how tickled I am that there are a few people out there (in the realm beyond that abyss of madness I like to call my room) who think I'd be a good, if somewhat insane, moderator. As long as the boards and it's in habitants are full of plumptiousness, I'd gladly take on the mod job. As for my pink/magenta writing, Fett - it's my new obsession, not even a question, the colour of passion and goes with the fashion! :rollin

Raine Sarin
May 9th, 2002, 04:44:47 PM
I say...either Rama or Yogurt. but that's just little me...the lurker and inactive one. ha!

Master Yoghurt
May 9th, 2002, 04:47:53 PM
Thanks for all the votes! :cool

Guess I should say a few words then. I have been here since the summer of 99, so I am well known or acquainted by most of the posters here. Earlier, I would not have been able to accept a moderator position here because I would either be frequently offline or busy with other tasks related to the roleplaying GJO/NR or otherwise. For the last month or so, that situation has changed for the better, and I will be online much more frequent from now on. If the task is appointed, I will accept it and act to the best of my ability in order to improve and protect the posters interests, unbiased and as fair as possible. I get rather well along with the other groups, as well as the posters in general.

Btw, since I am in a vastly different time zone than most of the posters, I would be available at times when the other mods are sleeping. ;)

Oh, and the other nominees, I think they are all excellent choices. Can't go wrong with any of them, really. :)

My nominations goes to:
Lady Deville
Lady Vader
Loki/GavMortis
Rama Sha

Shawn
May 9th, 2002, 05:52:55 PM
Just a reminder: These are just nominations. The final decision will be based off of these, but it is not a literal vote.

Nathanial K'cansce
May 9th, 2002, 05:53:43 PM
Yog's or Rama.

The Emperor
May 9th, 2002, 06:18:35 PM
Someone has to nominate me!

Okay, no one HAS to. But it would make me smile. :)

I think DV would be a good choice. He's up on his fleets and an honorable dude.

Hera is hot.

LD is fair. And hot.

Yog is ho...norable.

Anyway... thats my words.

Jehova Eaven
May 9th, 2002, 06:52:36 PM
I nominate Yog, De'Ville, and Gav.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 9th, 2002, 07:05:45 PM
Well, since Yog said his piece I'll follow with one of my own. :)

I have been here since the summer of 2000, going on two years now (hard to believe!) and I just bought a new computer and have my OWN place so I am online more than I was previously (last time I was nominated). I do my best to be fair when I RP, and I believe you're innocent until proven guilty!

Unless you're Viscera. Then you're always guilty. ;) j/k Stewie, you're a jewel. :)

If chosen by nominations/the staff, I believe I could do my little bit of good in this corner of the universe. I have been a mod at the B&G at GJO, and an admin at TSO and currently at TBH. I think I have the skills and the brains to make right decisions, and I work well with others. :)

That, again, will be all. :) Thanks to those who sent a nod my way.

To you others... :evil DIE DIE DIE! :D j/k! *group hug*

Morgan Evanar
May 9th, 2002, 07:12:56 PM
Uhmn...

Vega
Yog

DarthHERA
May 9th, 2002, 10:36:41 PM
Any of those already nominated I think would do a fine job. But to vote for someone, mine goes to LD or Yog.

(thanks for the nom for me you guys, but same as before, I dont really have the time to do a good job)

And Emporer - Im fair too dontchyaknow! *smacks him up the side of the head* :p

TheHolo.Net
May 9th, 2002, 11:10:09 PM
Please, lets not hijack this thread folks. If you would keep your posts to a single one which includes your choices it would be much appreciated.

HunterJodoKast
May 10th, 2002, 01:07:22 AM
My vote goes to Yogs, LD, or LV on the basis of their consistant presence and general impression.

Lady Vader
May 10th, 2002, 12:08:04 PM
Thanks for the nominations. I feel quite loved. :)

Here are my nominations:

Master Yoghurt (and Mr. Muppet had a good point when he mentioned he was in a different time zone)
Live Wire
Gav Mortis
Lilaena De'Ville

Zasz Grimm
May 10th, 2002, 12:52:28 PM
Lilaena
Lady Vader
Hera..

I have known Hera and LV for 3+ years, LV for a short few months, but they all show the skills that it takes to keep these forums under control and show no biased opinions.

Vega Van-Derveld
May 10th, 2002, 02:36:09 PM
Rama, IMO, is the best option by far. So yes, he gets my vote.

:)

Charley
May 10th, 2002, 03:03:35 PM
Vega
Figrin
LD

Vinny Red
May 10th, 2002, 09:09:51 PM
cast my nominations for

LW
Rama
Vega

Anyone of them would do an excellent job, and have proved to be good with added responsibilities.

TheHolo.Net
May 10th, 2002, 10:09:12 PM
I think this has run long enough for those who wish to put forth their opinion to have done so, without dragging it out for a long uneeded duration. The response has been good and based on the nominations, which have also become your votes, Master Yoghurt is now our newest Roleplaying section Moderator.

Lets everyone join together and initiate him properly. >D

Vinny Red
May 10th, 2002, 10:16:21 PM
Giddy up.

Congrats.

Master Yoghurt
May 10th, 2002, 10:37:43 PM
** bows **

I will do my best to serve and help the posters. It is my promise to be as unbiased and fair as possible when mediating. Cooperating with the other moderators, the forums shall be kept at peace and organised. Btw, are there any mystic rituals or ceremonies that I should know about? j/k ;)

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
May 10th, 2002, 11:09:04 PM
Now that nomination has closed, I nominate myself, The Emperor, and Master Yoghurt because he's groovy and I've thought so for literally years.

Congrats.

Serena Laran
May 11th, 2002, 12:28:19 AM
*smacks Shaed*

:D You had that one coming.

Congrats Yog! :):):):cat

*whew* I barely squeaked by again! I think its because I'm a woman. You guys on staff are SO sexist, only ONE female RPing mod. tsk tsk. ;)

Darth Lynch
May 11th, 2002, 12:53:33 AM
*boos the Jedi*

j/k

Congrats Yog

Gav Mortis
May 11th, 2002, 05:44:49 PM
Congrats Yog. And well deserved too! :)

imported_Dara Shadowtide
May 11th, 2002, 06:32:57 PM
Congratulations, Yog! :)

DarthNuriko
May 11th, 2002, 08:54:44 PM
Originally posted by Serena Laran
*smacks Shaed*

:D You had that one coming.

Congrats Yog! :):):):cat

*whew* I barely squeaked by again! I think its because I'm a woman. You guys on staff are SO sexist, only ONE female RPing mod. tsk tsk. ;) May I suggest you sleep your way to the top? :) Here's a camera; please start with said female mod and then proceed to the muppet. ;)

::waits patiently:: :D

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
May 11th, 2002, 09:33:25 PM
*smacks Nuriko*

You had that one coming.

DarthNuriko
May 11th, 2002, 10:14:45 PM
OW! >_<

Wait.... :| Smacked me WHERE? :D

Champion of the Force
May 12th, 2002, 01:18:52 AM
Not really here much anymore, but since this thread is still here I'll nominate Rama.

I think a bit of diversity on the staff would be nice, and Rama has been around since forever. :)

Arya Ravenwing
May 12th, 2002, 01:30:40 AM
Davey, read the thread first. :) Swfans.net already said Yog got it. :)

And...no way I'm sleeping with a woman! *grabs Yoghurt instead*

HunterJodoKast
May 12th, 2002, 01:41:25 AM
Congrats Yog!

Rama
May 12th, 2002, 03:31:25 PM
Yeah get lots of pictures.......and make sure to get some good shots, I don't want any of tha blurry stuff.

and it does matter where..........he? uhhhhhhhhh she? Oh that doesn't matter either. it's dead either way. :verymad:verymad :verymad :verymad :verymad :verymad :verymad :verymad :verymad

RAMA SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and after David said all those nice things about me. '___'

ALL LIES!!!!!!!! :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
May 12th, 2002, 05:17:09 PM
So, you *haven't* been around since forever? Interesting..... :p

DarthNuriko
May 12th, 2002, 09:12:59 PM
Originally posted by Dark Jodo Kast
Congrats Yog! ::rereads the post about that::

::giggles madly:: :D

Rama
May 13th, 2002, 12:38:08 AM
Almost forever..........see I was the son of Cornus and then I lead all the other gods against him and set up a new rule. =p

Lilaena De'Ville
May 13th, 2002, 01:17:23 AM
:lol