PDA

View Full Version : Ep III Casting Rumor

darth_mcbain
May 9th, 2002, 10:51:09 AM
According to imdb, Hugh Jackman might be in consideration for an Ep. III role. While it is of course early to speculate - I think he'd be pretty good.

George Lucas has reportedly approached Australian actor Hugh Jackman to star in third Star Wars prequel. Fans who attended the "Star Wars: Celebration" convention in Indiana claimed they overheard producer Rick McCallum discussing the cast for Episode III. X-Men star Jackman is said to be considering a villainous role in the forthcoming movie, which is set to be released in 2005.

Jedi Master Carr
May 9th, 2002, 10:58:32 AM
I heard that rumor but who would he play. I also read on theforce.net that Boba Fett is going to return in EP 3, I figured he would at least show up so this is cool news.

Gav Mortis
May 9th, 2002, 11:06:08 AM
Is it not possible he will be playing an even older version of Anakin Skywalker, or are they sticking with Hayden Christensen. My guess is that once Anakin reaches adulthood, they can't possibly change the actor for the character, it would look daft. But I'm not very well informed on that.

darth_mcbain
May 9th, 2002, 11:19:35 AM
Last I had heard, Hayden Christenson was Anakin for Ep. II and III, so I wouldn't think he'd play Anakin. The article said it was a villainous role, so I suppose it could be Boba Fett, although something tells me he wouldn't play him. Just a hunch.

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2002, 11:27:50 AM
He wont be Boba.

I think he'll be a new character

JMK
May 9th, 2002, 11:29:17 AM
He's probably another Sith or Bounty Hunter, or a role as an Imperial, who will eventually become a villain...Tarkin anyone?

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2002, 11:33:01 AM
He aint Tarkin unless he's Walken ;)

Jedi Master Carr
May 9th, 2002, 11:37:20 AM
I think he is a little young to play Tarkin, I think Walken is too tall really, not sure who could play Tarkin, he might not even be in the movie we don't know yet. I think Boba Fett will played by the same kid who played in AOTC.

Jedieb
May 9th, 2002, 11:37:27 AM
I was there when McCallum confirmed the Jackman rumor. Everyone was pretty excited. He's much too old to play Anakin or Boba. I would imagine he'd be a new bounty hunter, a Sith, or some other major bad a#^. With all of the blood that's going to be spilled in EP3 he's sure to have some great action scenes. I'm not quite sure about his playing Tarkin. They'd want someone in their 40's-50's wouldn't they?

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2002, 11:40:32 AM
I dont think he'll be Sith, not enough time.

Gav Mortis
May 9th, 2002, 11:49:57 AM
Not enough time?

darth_mcbain
May 9th, 2002, 12:25:44 PM
Maybe he'll be named Darth Wolverine and have five short sabers protruding from each hand. :lol

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2002, 12:49:56 PM
Darth Bub :)

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2002, 03:28:45 PM
I like the TF.N theory:

Could he be a Jedi? Maybe. Possibly even a soldier of some sort. But my personal guess is that he'd be a smuggler of some sort. He was a lovable but tough rogue when he played Wolverine in X-Men. Jackman could possibly be the Han Solo type character of Episode III. After all, Obi-Wan has to take Luke to Tatooine secretly at some point. Maybe he hires a smuggler to ferry him? And Obi-Wan seems to have underworld connections in ANH. If he were involved with smugglers in Episode III, that would help establish that.

HunterJodoKast
May 9th, 2002, 03:50:18 PM
IIRC, isn't EP.III going to take place three years after EP.II?

With that, Hugh Jackman will not be portraying Boba Fett. He is too old Which is kinda a shame because Jeremy Bulloch and Jackman both have similar height. In fact, I am not sure how a teen Boba Fett is going to have the experience to do some major Jedi bashing. But he is going to be there and likely fall into the employment of Dooku or Sidious. Or perhaps even a crimelord such as a Hutt. If there was an EP.III 1/2, Jackman would be an awesome choice to portray an adult Boba.

MAJOR spoiler follows...

Remember Boba is a clone given to Jango as a gift by Count Dooku. Perhaps clones mature at a much quicker rate than an average human. In the star wars universe longevity of a clone's life in not in question. Jackman just might be Boba after all.

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2002, 04:02:06 PM
Jodo, depends. It is either 20 or 18 pre ANH, wheras EP2 is 22

HunterJodoKast
May 9th, 2002, 04:09:30 PM
Thanks Reaper! I was uncertain, so it is going to be between 2-4 years. Cool!

ReaperFett
May 9th, 2002, 04:38:58 PM
If anyone can tell me the significance of 20 or 18 pre ANH, you get a cookiee :)

Admiral Lebron
May 9th, 2002, 06:33:24 PM
Luke/Leia were born. I'd bet Jackman will play a Jedi that is swayed by the darkside and turns on the council?

The Emperor
May 9th, 2002, 11:13:24 PM
I'm still waiting for the love traingle battle that sends Obi Wan and Anakin to Springer.

JMK
May 10th, 2002, 07:25:02 AM
I think that was more heresay than anything. I don't think we'll see that.

And just because I didn't ge to post it last night:
Gabriel Byrne would be the perfect Tarkin.
He looks like a younger Peter Cushing as much as anyone could.
He won't have a problem with the accent.
He isn't tall like Walken.
He's a terrific actor.

Perfect. But I'm sure we'll debate this again in another thread in the near future.