PDA

View Full Version : Another RP Mod? Yes or No.

TheHolo.Net
May 7th, 2002, 11:00:20 PM
After looking into some things a little further, I found out that I provided Master Yoghurt with some false information. I informed him that “forum” moderators would be able to see invisible users in Who’s Online, Who Was Online Today, and be able to see invisible users within the forum specific who’s Online. I did some experimentation this evening and discovered that “forum” moderators cannot see any of these things. They can check the IPs of posters within the forum they are specified to moderate, and not these other places or see invisible users.

This is why I keep referring to the new mods as “forum” mods, because as forum mods, their usergroup ID doesn’t change, which is what the features I listed above are all based on, as well as being the reason that their SWFans.Net custom title did not change.

That worried me a little. Being able to see invisible users is handy IMO, when it comes to keeping an eye on trolls and or even people who aren’t logged in who were just banned for being a troll, and allows us as staff to keep up with them, maybe even a step ahead almost.

I’m not saying that I want to grant all the new “forum” mods this ability, but I do have a proposal that goes back to the subject of this topic.

What does the current staff think of our granting Master Yoghurt, after bringing the topic up with the regular posters, not saying the same reasons listed here since this is really semi sensitive board operation stuff, but telling them that we think it a good idea to appoint another mod. Reasons can be better time coverage as his home time zone is much different than the other mods and admins, and a fresh perspective.

I really think that the man who has possibly done something that could in the long run really pull this RP community into a tighter knit and more trusting group should be granted a concession, and besides just that, I think he would make a great Moderator for both the Star Wars and Role Playing sections since he frequents both.

I have also been told by Yogurt that his availability to read and respond on the forums is recently improved from what it was before. :)

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Dirty Laundry? Rotten Fruit to Throw?

ReaperFett
May 8th, 2002, 06:47:23 AM
I think we should vote it in OOC

TheHolo.Net
May 8th, 2002, 06:49:17 AM
That was the plan, after the staff had spoken in regards to it here. :)
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
after bringing the topic up with the regular posters,

ReaperFett
May 8th, 2002, 07:38:29 AM
Yes then :)