PDA

View Full Version : New Banner?

Shawn
May 7th, 2002, 07:17:24 PM
If anyone is up to the challenge, I was thinking we could use a new banner for the SW style sets. It should be no larger than the dimensions of the current one, weigh in at no more than 15k (at the max - anything smaller is appreciated), and should have a definite color scheme which can easily be altered to fit all of the styles; ie, a prominant blue for the "Star Wars (Original)" style, which can then be altered for the rest.

Have at it. :)

Sage Hazzard
May 7th, 2002, 09:35:57 PM
I'll get to work on it when I have time. :)

No offense, but I was begining to grow tired of this banner. Two faces and text is boring, IMO.

Charley
May 7th, 2002, 09:41:06 PM
We need a Confederacy of Independent Systems banner & style set :)

ReaperFett
May 8th, 2002, 01:59:09 AM
Can I request NOONE touches the Rebel syle please? I like it, and I'm about the only Rebel user :)

ReaperFett
May 8th, 2002, 01:59:51 AM
Oh, and I'd reccomend no EP2 ones until June 1st. THat way, any shots are fair game

imported_Eve
May 8th, 2002, 06:39:55 AM
Charley, right on top of that sir.

Master Yoghurt
May 8th, 2002, 10:36:15 AM
I would love a GJO style. :)

ReaperFett
May 8th, 2002, 10:43:46 AM
surely Jedi would be better? :)

I did start a Rebel Pilots one, could ressurect that :)

Gorgja the Hutt
May 8th, 2002, 11:39:42 AM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
We need a Confederacy of Independent Systems banner & style set :)

Orginally posted by Eve
Right on top of that sir

Good, The Great Gorgja the Hutt demands a C-I-S banner and style set worth of his engorged body. ;)

Threepio
May 8th, 2002, 11:53:37 AM
*shuffles away from the Hutt*

Taylor Millard
May 8th, 2002, 12:07:32 PM
:lol

Sage Hazzard
May 10th, 2002, 11:55:15 PM
Eh, tell me what you think of this. I'm uploading it to the server here because it's easier for myself mainly.

I couldn't get online last night because of first, my ISP and secondly because of thunderstorms. So I doodled for about half and hour and finally came up with this. Probably one of many to come, unless of course everyone crowns me king for this image. Then I'll retire. :lol

Shawn
May 10th, 2002, 11:56:18 PM
Looks pretty good. We'll try it out later. :)

Sage Hazzard
May 11th, 2002, 12:12:05 AM
Thankies.

BTW, I can easily change the color. I'm very organised when it comes to things on the computer. I save in layers. So I can very quickly change the color of the background, the glow, and even the lightsabre. It'd only take 2 minutes to have it uploaded to this server. So just tell me if/when you need them. Of course, I relise this is probably a testing period sort of thing. But in the event it's kept, I'd be happy to oblige in any color scheming needed.

Shawn
May 18th, 2002, 02:00:32 PM
I do think I'm going to use it. I'd appreciate it if you could make one for each SW Style Set. Alternatively, you could send me the PSD file and I'll do it.

Morgan Evanar
May 18th, 2002, 04:48:02 PM
Unfortunately, he's not using Photoshop, but PSP instead =p

Sage Hazzard
May 18th, 2002, 08:50:41 PM
Well, Paint Shop does offer the option to save under the PSD file standard. :p

I'll just do it myself. It'd save time, since I have ample time at nights. Although, I could also send you the file with all the layers, so you can have a copy if you ever add a new color set(aqua?). :)

I'll reply with uploads tonight, later. I'll just upload it on this server, if that's alright with you? Of course, since each reply allows only one upload, I'll upload them as I get them done. :)

Sage Hazzard
May 18th, 2002, 10:41:39 PM
First up: Red.

Sage Hazzard
May 18th, 2002, 10:42:40 PM
Second: Yellow

Sage Hazzard
May 18th, 2002, 10:43:25 PM
Thirdly: Purple

Sage Hazzard
May 18th, 2002, 10:45:30 PM
Fourth and final(if I'm not mistaken): green

Shawn
May 19th, 2002, 12:11:34 AM
Actually, before I left earlier today, I did all of them except yellow and gold. Just a matter of properly using the Lasso tool and Hue/Saturation adjustment. :)

Sage Hazzard
May 19th, 2002, 12:21:08 AM
I don't mean to offend but, your renditions look a little grainy. Would you mind using the ones I made? Actually, mine are less in weight. Which has me puzzled, considered grainyness is usually contributed to compressing file size.

Sage Hazzard
May 19th, 2002, 12:22:29 AM
Oh, wait, do you need an orange one too? I forgot that style set.

Shawn
May 19th, 2002, 12:30:00 AM
Hmm... they looked fine to me. :huh But if you say so...

Sage Hazzard
May 19th, 2002, 12:37:59 AM
Well, I'm a perfectionist.

Look at the sabre. See how it looks a wee bit "pixelated". If that's the right word. Just something about it looks off. On red, purple, and green. :/

Oh, and the background of the board for the green style set is red. Not the banner, but the background of the board.

Should I make an orange one?

Shawn
May 19th, 2002, 12:46:35 AM
I know about the background on the green style set. Long story short, the red set still had the basic black and white stars, so I gave it a red bg, and the green one was still using the B&W stars as well, so it got the same one. I decided to wait until later to fix it, since hardly anyone uses it.

I still can't see the graininess - either I'm too tired to catch it (I can hardly type this as it is :x), or it has to do with my desktop resolution. In either event, if it's there, it's probably due to the fact that I increased the saturation on a couple of them... it's been known to do that.

And yes, an Orange one would be nice. I'll upload yours later this afternoon.

Sage Hazzard
May 19th, 2002, 12:50:23 AM
Okay. I'll have an orange one done either tonight or tomorrow.

It's minor but it bugs me. That's just how I am. Thanks for going through the trouble of replacing them with mine. :)

Sage Hazzard
May 19th, 2002, 10:57:28 PM
Orange one. :)