PDA

View Full Version : Why can't good news exist without bad news?

JediBoricua
May 7th, 2002, 05:09:45 PM
The Good News: I got a job! But not a 5 bucks an hour job, I got an intership with a state legislator that is in charge with making Puerto Rico's budget every year. Given the fact that I'm studying economics it will be a great opportunity and some awesome experience for my resume.

The Bad News: I start MAY THE 16TH! DAMN!!!!!

I just pray to every god, deity, and to the force that they have a midnight showing down here or I'll have to wait 'till late in the afternoon to catch the movie.......ugh.

CMJ
May 7th, 2002, 05:33:26 PM
I feel your pain. In all likelihood I won't be able to see AOTC for at least the first few days of it's release. I'll be on set working on a film....grrrr.

JMK
May 7th, 2002, 05:38:24 PM
You might think me nuts to say it, but as much as I love Star Wars, I would switch with either of you. You've both got sweet gigs going on there, so it will eventually pay off! No doubt!

CMJ
May 7th, 2002, 05:41:10 PM
I know Kyle, but man alive, I hadn't been working in awhile...of ALL TIMES to get a new gig! LOL, what luck I have. :)

Jedieb
May 7th, 2002, 06:17:40 PM
Felicitaciones boriqua! That sounds like a great job and a tremendous opportunity. Good luck!

JMK
May 7th, 2002, 06:48:01 PM
I understand CMJ, you must feel like if there isn't for bad luck, there'd be no luck, right? ;)

JediBoricua
May 7th, 2002, 11:36:04 PM
Yeah I know, it's a great thing and a once in a lifetime chance...

but it's also AOTC, 3 years of spoiler free Boricua! I'm going to call every day until my local theather decides it will be profitable to have a midnight show......grrrrr.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 7th, 2002, 11:38:08 PM
Make sure you use a different name each time you call. ;)

Congrats on the job though! Dang I wish I was ..no, never mind. Internship is all its cracked up to be and MORE apparently. :p

JMK
May 8th, 2002, 07:25:38 AM
And make sure the theater doesn't have caller I.D.!

JediBoricua
May 9th, 2002, 06:44:42 PM
Ok so i've assembled a task force of 10-15 people calling to the theather each day from work, cell phones and homes. I alsoposted their tel number on a Puertorican fan board...mwahahaha

They manager says he wants to show the movie, but there seems to be some dispute with a local radio stations, which sucks.....

But I can feel the force flowing through me, i will use my jedi mind trick...you will have a midnight show....

Super Wookiee
May 9th, 2002, 07:34:58 PM
I have the same problem. I'm a college student, so i can't pass up a summer job that pays $8 per hour, especially where i live. I start working Second Shift on monday. Monday and tuesday are orientation, wed i start working.

I'm pissed about it. But i guess i'll survive

I won't get to see it until Satuday or sunday. But if i can get in, i'm going to try and see it atleast two times each of those days. I need to see it atleast 7 times to tie my TPM in theatre count