PDA

View Full Version : BO Contest...Week 1

CMJ
May 6th, 2002, 06:29:34 PM
Here's how we did this last weekend. Most of us did pretty well getting the correct films in order(though alot of us messed up on the #5 slot). As you can see...one member destroyed the rest of us.

The closest to the #1 film was sirdizzy!

The closest to the #2 film was Admiral Lebron

The closest to the #3 film was actually Darth23...but since he had Changing Lanes coming in #4...I decided it should be the person who came closest to the correct gross that ALSO had the placement correct...which was sirdizzy!

The closest to the #4 film was sirdizzy!

The closest to the #5 film was sirdizzy!

TOTALS

sirdizzy - 80
Admiral Lebron - 45
Jedi Master Carr - 25
Master Yoghurt - 25
CMJ - 20
Mu Satach - 20
Jedieb - 20
dbn - 20
Marcus Q'Dunn - 15
Reaperfett - 15
Darth 23 - 10
JMK - 5

sirdizzy
May 7th, 2002, 08:32:20 AM
4 of 5 good start for me bad for you guys

Jedi Master Carr
May 7th, 2002, 10:08:44 AM
Don't worry we will catch up :p

Admiral Lebron
May 7th, 2002, 04:51:01 PM
That's what I'm worried about...

JMK
May 7th, 2002, 05:41:47 PM
Don't worry, I'll do a good job of bringing up the rear guys! :lol

CMJ
May 7th, 2002, 05:47:27 PM
LOL, better luck next week JMK. :)

JMK
May 7th, 2002, 05:50:13 PM
Aw it really doesn't matter, I knew Spider Man was going to finish first, but I don't even know how I scored my points! :lol

CMJ
May 7th, 2002, 05:52:16 PM
Well you got your 5 for guessing that Spidey would be #1 for the weekend. Good call on that one man. ;)

JMK
May 7th, 2002, 06:01:17 PM
I had to think a little about it, but I thought it was the most prudent and reasonable choice. I really should read the rules again.

Darth23
May 7th, 2002, 07:42:28 PM
"The closest to the #3 film was actually Darth23...but since he had Changing Lanes coming in #4...I decided it should be the person who came closest to the correct gross that ALSO had the placement correct...which was sirdizzy! "

So you're CHANGING it from the way the contest went last time.

If no one picks a numner 4 or 5 film in the correct order, then it's possible that no one will get points for that movie's gross.

CMJ
May 7th, 2002, 07:45:13 PM
If and when that comes Carr and I will discuss to see what happens.

Besides...didn't we already slightly modify the rules anyways?

Darth23
May 7th, 2002, 09:53:53 PM
Yeah, but I don't yhink that change was explicitly spelled out.

sirdizzy
May 7th, 2002, 10:06:39 PM
yea darth is just mad because he knows he can't beat me :p

Darth23
May 7th, 2002, 10:30:34 PM
Ok, I jus[t] re-read the rules again and my main point (other than getting points for ME and deny[ing] Dizzy any more points :p)

Is that if you have 2 different parts of the contest, Movie Order and Total Gross, then the Total Gross portion should not be dependant on the Movie Order part of the game. If I'm the closest to predicting how much Changing Lanes will make, then I should get those points. I didn't predict it in the right order, therefore I lose out on those Movie Order points, but I WAS the closest in predictiong how much money the movie would make - which is ultimately more important anyway (imo).

Last year there were several cases where the bonus point winners (Total Gross) didn't pick the movie in the order that it actually finished - including a few number one movie picks. But their prediction for that movie that week was the closest, so they got he bonus points.

I think it happened more than 20% of the time ( at least 1 of the five Total Gorss bonus winners each week).

Just something to think about.

CMJ
May 7th, 2002, 11:32:42 PM
It has been duly noted Darth23. :)

The contest brain trust(Carr and myself) will examine your concerns to the best of our ability. Nonetheless next week's contest will begin tommorrow(I think that's what Carr told me) so be thinking about your predictions. You'll have until early Saturday morning again. :)

Master Yoghurt
May 7th, 2002, 11:47:38 PM
When is the prediction deadline for this weekend in Easter Standard Time? I would probably have been first or second had I bothered to edit my estimate in time. :)

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2002, 12:23:49 AM
Yep its EST time, I will have it up tomorrow, as far as this snag, this problem is unexpected we will have to work it out, still there is plenty of time JMK could still beat us all out :)

sirdizzy
May 8th, 2002, 07:55:28 AM
yea yea yea darth no 5 point victory for you this year deal with it :D:D

JMK
May 8th, 2002, 08:19:34 AM
Thanks for the tip Carr! Mwahaha! Look out suckas, I'm gonna run wild on this contest now!!!!>D

Oh who am I kidding. :x