PDA

View Full Version : i am so pissed off

sirdizzy
May 5th, 2002, 03:12:27 PM
my god damn theatres started selling aotc tickets already no annoucment no advance notice not answering my emails the whole time saying they were going to sell them on wednesday

and the midnight showing is alread sold out (i found out today when i went to spiderman) i had to settle for noon tickets

Sanis Prent
May 5th, 2002, 04:54:32 PM
Surely there's gotta be another theater around town.

Jedi Master Carr
May 5th, 2002, 06:05:01 PM
I know my theater did that too, (was your Regal as well?) If I hadn't found out yesterday I might have not gotten tickets for Thursday, that is Regal for you.

darth_mcbain
May 5th, 2002, 06:16:32 PM
Similar deal with my theaters... I called and they said they would probably start selling them Thursday and to call back then. But when I checked online this morning sure enough they were on sale... I got my midnight showing tixx, as well as 10 AM... Do I dare go for three times in a day? I'll probably hold off - I'll be so tired anyway, and there will be plenty of time to see it during its run.

Live Wire
May 5th, 2002, 10:33:51 PM
I know everyone who was in line for tickets here was like I barely heared yesterday. I was pissed that they didn't publicize it more. Im telling you the hype is half of what it was for episode 1. While I dont mind the endorsement cut back I mind barely finding out about tickets going on sale.

Threepio
May 6th, 2002, 01:12:49 AM
Regal Cinemas!? I hate them! That's practically all there *is* here in Oregon! I mean, in CA there were almost ten different theatre chains you could choose from. Here? Regal. And maybe a Century, if you're in the right area of the state. At least, Portland area doesn't have anything but Regal IIRC.

Ryla Relvinian
May 6th, 2002, 02:32:42 AM
*looks around*

You're in Portland too? YIPE! Here I thought I was in the -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--end of space while everyone in Florida was laughing at us!!!

Personally, I am not that concerned with opening hour tickets. I just want to see the darn movie! Heck, I usually go to Eastport century 16 and have never had a problem there. Stadium seating... woo hoo!

Shawn
May 6th, 2002, 02:36:00 AM
wait wait wait... you're in Portland, too??

Hmm... don't suppose you'd like to hop on the plane with LD, would you? :D

sirdizzy
May 6th, 2002, 07:48:23 AM
i am checking another theatre today its older and crappier but if i can get midnight tickets it'll be ok (i got the noon tickets for the better theatre anyways and i did want to see it twice the first day)

Ryla Relvinian
May 8th, 2002, 02:58:48 PM
Tempting... However, I have just procured a pair of 12:01 tickets here, so I'll have to pass on that. :]

Arya Ravenwing
May 8th, 2002, 03:30:44 PM
Hey Ryla we should meet up somewhere!

There are a few Seattle people in these forums as well. :)

JMK
May 8th, 2002, 07:37:46 PM
Well my theater is probably not having a midnight showing, I work all day on the 16th, and I coach on the 16th at night, so I may not see AotC until friday! >_<

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2002, 07:49:38 PM
Maybe you should tell your boss you come down with the Darth Vader virus :)

JMK
May 8th, 2002, 07:58:31 PM
LOL, they've already asked me if I was going to come down with a strange illness on that day. Any excuse I provide will be so transparent.

Ryla Relvinian
May 8th, 2002, 08:08:06 PM
Arya: My tickets are for the Eastport Century 16 theater, so anyone else there should identify themselves posthaste. :]

HunterJodoKast
May 8th, 2002, 10:25:53 PM
I was able to get tickets for the afternoon showing. Thankfully! I work alot of hours and here in Riverside we have an older UA theatre and two really nice Cinemastar theatres with stadium seating. Can hardly wait and will likely purchase another showing for friday if work permits. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 9th, 2002, 01:25:52 AM
RIVERSIDE!? OMG I went to school there! *faints* And Ryla, I'm Arya as well, in case you didn't know. I'll be in CA...but..have fun! :D

HunterJodoKast
May 9th, 2002, 01:48:50 AM
Yeah, I can't make it out to the Mann's Chinese Theatre. Darn! However, I do hope you have great fun too!

In Agent Smith monotone speach: "Yes.... I do know you are Arya... I keep my eyes on all of you!"

;)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 9th, 2002, 07:22:45 PM
We're going to an AMC...the line up at Mann's is too hard to do with people coming in from out of town.

I went to see TPM at the Cinemastar on Alessandro. :):) So much fun. :D

HunterJodoKast
May 10th, 2002, 01:02:02 AM
Hey!!! I seen TPM at the same cinemastar theatre at the Mission Grove Plaza on Alessandro! Interesting... lol. Anyways enjoy!

Lilaena De'Ville
May 10th, 2002, 01:06:17 AM
lol that would be funny if we had both been there at the same time. SOrt of. In a weird way. O_o

:D I plan on enjoying Ep II to the best of my abilities.

HunterJodoKast
May 10th, 2002, 01:14:39 AM
LOL... yeah it would kinda weird wouldn't it. I did not catch the film on opening day though! Tied up with work and all.

Live Wire
May 10th, 2002, 02:08:53 AM
us cali girls ended up in the same theatre for the special edition of star wars but we didnt know each other then.