PDA

View Full Version : Confederacy of Independent Systems: Recruiting

Charley
May 5th, 2002, 06:59:45 AM
Okay, soon and very soon, there is going to be a somewhat massive collection of smaller groups into a larger group, something of a third party to create a galactic superpower trifecta. As of now, it is the Cizerack Pride, Trade Federation, Hutt Syndicate, and Shadowfaene Fortress. However, there is room for even more, and I just wanted to keep the options open for whoever is interested in getting a piece of the action.

We really need characters to RP as leaders/representatives of:

The Commerce Guild
The Corporate Alliance
Intergalactic Banking Clan
Geonosian Baktoid Automata Union
The Techno Union

and, if there's interest:

Kaminoan Commune

If interested, either post here, or AIM me

Darth Viscera
May 5th, 2002, 11:04:41 AM
I wouldn't call that a superpower. Those groups together would have maybe 10% of the military capacity of the NR or 4% of TGE.

Sanis Prent
May 5th, 2002, 11:12:50 AM
Where you find/make up that number is beyond me :)

Darth Viscera
May 5th, 2002, 11:40:52 AM
From the "Finalizing the Clean Slate" thread:

posted by Taataani Meorrrei:
NR and Galactic Empire naturally are the powerhouses

posted by Taataani Meorrrei:
just use common sense.

From the "Clean State" thread:

posted by Lounge Lizard:
You wouldn't get mismatches like a Cizerack routing of an Imperial fleet, because that doesn't agree with common sense.

and so on, so forth.

I find it to be violating the common sense rule that all of a sudden groups that were previously unheard of in Swfans.net could spring up and become a superpower. A swiss-like minor power with strictly DEFENSIVE capabilties, maybe, but not a superpower. That's simply belittling to the Conclave, NR and TGE, who have worked hard to obtain "powerhouse" status.

Sanis Prent
May 5th, 2002, 11:50:49 AM
but 4%?

Not exactly a common sense figure. More like that "new math" crap.

And its FAR more than the Cizerack. And its not immediate.

We're talking about an assemblance of multiple groups, which does make it noteworthy.

Did I say better than NR or TGE? No. Did I even say equal to? No.

Sit down.

Pipe down.

Sumor Rayial
May 5th, 2002, 11:58:51 AM
Superpower may not just simply mean the groups fleet assets.

I'd say from the look of the characters he's looking for that this group is taking a different (and intriguing) approach to gaining power.

Sanis Prent
May 5th, 2002, 12:05:30 PM
Correct.

Alot more bartering, corrupting, monopolizing, etc. The CIS is kinda like a unionized group of tiny groups. Think about how a union works, with power en masse to protect each of the "little guys".

The inherent disadvantage to this is that each group still maintains their own greater degree of autonomy. To be able to use full potential, they have to be in full agreement. And some may not even work for the interests of another. Its not the same kind of unified front that a TGE, NR, or Conclave might be. It can only muster significant strength if all parties participate, etc.

Also, it is a unique approach in the fact that there isn't any particular alignment to the group. Their motives are shifthing and clouded, and rarely ever polar, as they always are with NR, TGE, and all other fleet factions. In short, you never know who's side they're on.

Darth Viscera
May 5th, 2002, 12:06:24 PM
Did I say better than NR or TGE? No. Did I even say equal to? No.

Then you might rephrase your superpower trifecta comment :)

EDIT: Didn't see summs's post.

Sanis Prent
May 5th, 2002, 12:23:21 PM
Why? No need.

Darth Viscera
May 5th, 2002, 12:40:05 PM
Alright, my character shall be a representative of the Intergalactic Banking Clan. He shall be a sophisticated Toydarian who sports not only a top hat, but a bow tie as well. His name shall be Taggo, or "Taco" to friends.

Loki Ahmrah
May 5th, 2002, 12:40:45 PM
Prince John a la Disney's Robin Hood: "Vis! You're never around when I need you!"

Get on AIM, boy. :)

Threepio
May 5th, 2002, 11:47:15 PM
I thought that read "Intergalactic Baking Clan."

:lol

Sage Hazzard
May 6th, 2002, 12:14:25 AM
Don't got aim. Can't chat. Shall post here. :)

Techno Union? What exactly is this?

I might be interested in RPing as a leader or representive. Are you asking for us to make these groups, or just to be the character that leads them? If I just have to write for the leader, then I'd like to play. :) Actually, I'd like to get Kanon Krowe into one of those things. He's not doing anything, so he needs something to run. :lol Tell me if he'd be acceptable to run one of those groups.

Ryu Warusa
May 17th, 2002, 01:56:37 PM
Should TriOptimum join this union? It seems interesting enough, though TriOp really isn't a group, its a company.

Domini Leveresk
May 20th, 2002, 07:20:55 PM
Any of those would be sweet, particularily CSA or Techno Union.

Zam Wesell
May 20th, 2002, 09:42:51 PM
Can a bounty hunter apply? >D

Juju Fett
May 20th, 2002, 11:46:52 PM
::OOC:: Zam Wesell, please reconsider your SIG that your displaying here at SWnet forum. The Fett SIG's have already been taken from the EII movie and if you look at the date on which they were created, that alone will confirm that. We would highly appreciate that...Thank You. :)

Jaslin Fett
May 20th, 2002, 11:54:11 PM
Hiya comes in and waves. Looks like we have a mishap of sigs :) Can you please use another I would appreciate it :) thanks

Zam Wesell
May 21st, 2002, 08:18:25 AM
Ahhh...Feh!!!

Seems like I can't use Zam the way I want too with her personal pic. :| Guess this character won't be used.

Bye! :wave

Domini Leveresk
May 21st, 2002, 08:26:55 AM
Hm. I was reading Holonet News, and it said Wat Tambor is a Baktoid executive. ?

Charley
May 22nd, 2002, 10:52:44 PM
He's a leader of the Techno Union from what I know, but his ties to Baktoid Automata are very close.