PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the Clones Review [spoiler laden link inside]

JMK
May 3rd, 2002, 10:48:11 AM
I stopped reading 1/4 through, but from what I read (I skipped to the last paragraph) this is going to rival ESB for the best of all the films. I can't believe how positive the reviews have been so far, and I'm finding it hard to temper my enthusiasm.

Anyway, here's the link, beware of the spoiler bug though.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/sneak/sneak.html

Jedi Master Carr
May 3rd, 2002, 11:46:46 AM
Here is another one that is spoiler free it is also very postive
http://www.countingdown.com/movies/jerseygirl/movieinfo/story?item_id=718431

darth_mcbain
May 3rd, 2002, 03:20:22 PM
Well, the buzz is looking good - just one more thing that is getting me ultra-stoked to see this!!!

Shawn
May 3rd, 2002, 04:23:18 PM
I read the one from countingdown. An excerpt:
What to Expect:

Combat, combat, combat. I wish I could tell you more. Suffice it to say: Darth Maul vs. Obi Wan Kenobi = A BIG YAWN compared to what’s coming on the 16th.I'm officially hyped. (Yes! I said the "H" word!)

JediBoricua
May 3rd, 2002, 04:52:21 PM
the review and countingdown.com gave me goosebumps....

AOTC seems to be THE REAL DEAL!

Marcus Telcontar
May 3rd, 2002, 06:01:49 PM
Well......

They were'nt holdnig back in their praise, were they?

What this reminds me of is LOTR:FOTR - the hushed breath of "Will it sucK?" then the positive review you only dare hope are fot real....

JMK
May 3rd, 2002, 06:17:59 PM
Well Marcus according to your review of the novel, AotC IS definetly for real!

foxdvd
May 3rd, 2002, 08:22:47 PM
Well I did not think it would happen, but with the onslaught of extremely positive reviews (compared to the mixed reviews TPM got before it came out) I am now officially as excited about AOTC as I was before TPM…..I am even dreaming about now.

JMK
May 3rd, 2002, 10:14:01 PM
You've been that skeptical up to this point?

Jedi Master Carr
May 4th, 2002, 12:44:19 AM
Well I have been confident since TPM, but I expect this movie to blow me away.

Sage Hazzard
May 4th, 2002, 01:16:16 AM
Just like Balky and Cousin Larry on Perfect Strangers, I will now do the dance of Joy......

::Dances::

Sage Hazzard
May 4th, 2002, 01:48:11 AM
Just read it fully....

It says that younger versions of characters will appear. It didn't mention who. I betting on Chewbacca, since Wookiees live longer than humans and it wouldn't be a silly kiddy running around. I hope he's not talking about Boba though, since we already know that. I'm also betting that Lucas can't resist having a young Han Solo in the third one, that'd be awesome.

Marcus Telcontar
May 4th, 2002, 04:32:37 AM
I think there is one thing that is different and again, comparible to LOTR

No one is expecting a great film.

I can remember just hoping LOTR just didnt suck too badly. I honestly didnt think it would be good. When the ealry reviews came out screaming praise, I dared to hope, but still had a lot of doubts - then the avalance of rave reviews.... then seeing it for myself.

I think that right now, it';s the same situation - daring to hope the early reviews are right and watching Rotten Tomatoes really hoping.

Jedi Master Carr
May 4th, 2002, 08:54:32 AM
I personally wouldn't want to see a young Han Solo, I think his entrance in ANH is perfect.

JMK
May 4th, 2002, 01:53:02 PM
Right- no more central characters from the Original Trilogy. Like Han or Chewie or Lando. BUT I would love to see younger versions of Mon Mothma, General Madine, or Tarkin. That I think would give alot of continuity to the politics of the saga. Having a younger Han Solo carries the risk of tainting everyone's opinion of Harrison Ford's portrayal of a gruff, cocky smuggler.

Shawn
May 4th, 2002, 01:58:29 PM
heeeeeeeeeey... anyone consider the possibility of seeing Thrawn? Maybe in Episode 3, nei?

foxdvd
May 4th, 2002, 07:29:34 PM
You've been that skeptical up to this point

No, actually I loved TPM, and had total faith that the next movie would rock. Still, the excitement before TPM came out was amazing. It had been years since the original movies, and I never thought it would be possible to have another Star Wars movie, before Lucas announced he would actually make episode 1. That excitement level was maddening.

As AOTC approaches, my excitement level is beginning to grow. Combine that with such glowing reviews, and I am just a big kid again.

Charley
May 5th, 2002, 07:16:36 AM
Don't get me wrong...I liked TPM, but it wasn't on par with the originals, in terms of the serious tone to be taken, and such. A few buddies of mine made a very good comparison...likening TPM as the Hobbit of the SW movies. It is mostly light hearted and free spirited, and has little pertinent relevance to the upcoming plot at hand, but just enough to tie it in. Its a sample spoonful at Haagen Dasz.

AOTC is the banana split, baby.

Sage Hazzard
May 6th, 2002, 12:07:33 AM
I'm actually like Yslarmi(sp?). That'd be neat.

BTW, this movie is going to rock. I don't have any doubt. I've read the early edition script, watched all the online video stuff, and looked at the online comic book scans. This episode cannot be disappointing unless the projectionist accidently puts in the wrong movie.