PDA

View Full Version : Hayden may not be Vader...

Charley
May 2nd, 2002, 04:59:10 PM
<a href=http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/media.cgi?Media=multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_2/Magazines/Cinelive/cinelive-2002may-special_issue-cover.jpg>...but he's soon destined to be!</a>
I am now sold. He is The Man. That face...posture, just the whole demeanor he carries. Utterly amazing.

JMK
May 2nd, 2002, 09:26:21 PM
You're right LL, he certainly looks convincing as anyone could ever look!

Sage Hazzard
May 2nd, 2002, 11:35:36 PM
Yes, yes, he is absolutely perfect for the job.

I read a interview a while back with Natalie Portman. They asked her to discribe each of the actors in one word. They were playing that weird phycology game too, where it's the first thing that pops into you're head. And this was the actor too, not the character. She said Hayden was "brooding", if I recall. Although I'm sure he's a swell guy in real life, I think his performace was so good it slipped into the back of her mind. :)

Darth Viscera
May 3rd, 2002, 10:40:32 AM
I think that "brooding" is more how he behaves IRL. IMO, he seems like a vampirish adolescent. Seen "Life as a House"?

Hyphenated
May 3rd, 2002, 02:10:14 PM
...Notice now his boots are very reminiscent of Darth Vader's suit.

And I've heard about Life as a House. :p

Shawn
May 3rd, 2002, 03:17:47 PM
"Life as a House" was a great film! I am wholly convinced that he will make a great Anakin.

I'm just afraid of watching him kiss Portman during the movie. :x

JMK
May 3rd, 2002, 06:15:06 PM
Why is that?
Do you suffer from the same queazyness as Jon does from on-screen romance? :lol

Shawn
May 3rd, 2002, 08:05:13 PM
Not quite. If you've seen "Life as a House", you'd understand why. :)

JMK
May 3rd, 2002, 10:12:30 PM
Well I'll probably never see it, so you may as well tell me. Put it in spoiler tags just in case.

Live Wire
May 4th, 2002, 05:39:29 PM
you dont want to know........I can never look at him the same way now

Shawn
May 4th, 2002, 08:28:16 PM
To make a long story short: While in the shower with a girl, Hayden begins to kiss her... but they have to cut the embrace short because his character makes a mess which needs to be cleaned up :x

RHJediKnight
May 4th, 2002, 08:30:13 PM
:lol

Live Wire
May 5th, 2002, 10:31:57 PM
I heared about more then just that

Sage Hazzard
May 6th, 2002, 12:02:44 AM
To Viscera's comment, he seems like a rather happy individual in real life. Very innocent and full of life. In interviews he's always smiling and laughing. And when he got the news he was selected to play Anakin, he jumped around like a slinky.

Threepio
May 6th, 2002, 01:14:39 AM
Slinkys don't jump! They...er...slink!

Darth Viscera
May 7th, 2002, 11:24:00 AM
@LW

Are you talking about the car scene? That wasn't even graphic. It's not like his character went down on another guy or something. Well, I don't think so anyway. It was vague, and the point of the scene was to indicate that he had dug himself into a hole.

Huh. Perhaps that's not the best choice of words. :lol :lol

somewhere, Var's head is exploding.