PDA

View Full Version : 2002 in Review

CMJ
May 1st, 2002, 08:53:29 PM
Another list thread...alreay. ;)

Well since it's the 1st of May we're a third of the way through the "movie" year. The first few months of every year is a dumping ground of mediocre stuff(for the most past). I decided to post my 3 favorite films(since we're only 1/3 the way through the year basically a third of a top 10) of the new year. A quick note...on my personal 1-4 star scale, I have yet to rate anything above a 3. So in other words...I've seen a couple 3 star flicks and everything else is 2.5 and below(and who said I wasn't tough Jon?).

1. Murder By Numbers
2. Kissing Jessica Stein
3. Panic Room

A pretty weak list...hopefully within the next month or so NONE of these will even be in my top 5. I can only hope. ;)

JMK
May 1st, 2002, 08:57:42 PM
How did Jason X not make that list? You're a crappy critic CMJ! :lol

CMJ
May 1st, 2002, 08:58:52 PM
LOL, actually I avoided that one, but I guess it's POSSIBLE I might have enjoyed it. :)

Jedi Master Carr
May 1st, 2002, 09:21:14 PM
I have only seen two movies so far this year The Count of Monte Cristo and Ice Age and I enjoyed both of them, I will finally see another movie Friday.

Marcus Telcontar
May 1st, 2002, 11:25:05 PM
Only movie worth seeing this year is Ice Age so far. What a bloody awful year for movies up to now

CMJ
May 2nd, 2002, 06:49:57 AM
There have been a few films that I've meant to see that I've missed...even so it has been a weak year so far.

Jinn Fizz
May 2nd, 2002, 07:14:24 AM
Yup, Ice Age is the only movie I've seen so far this year, and it was a great flick. Nothing else has really caught my attention or made me feel like the trip to the movie theater was worth the effort. That'll change this weekend, though, and of course, once we hit May 16th, I'll probably be at my local theater every chance I get. :)

JMK
May 2nd, 2002, 08:42:32 AM
I agree Marcus, it has been a terrible year so far, but IMO, it's expected because there's just too many movies coming out this year that will steal the thunder from any other movie that may have made alot of noise in a smaller movie year. Although this time of year really is a movie wasteland...that all changes starting this weekend though!

Jedi Master Carr
May 2nd, 2002, 09:58:18 AM
Well usually Jan and Feb are dominated by the previous years movies so there is usually crap is released other than that. March though was big at the box office with Ice Age, Panic Room, Blade 2, and We are Soliders all making money, April though has been pretty bad. The weird part is so far 2002 is ahead of last year's pace and we haven't reached the summer films yet.

Admiral Lebron
May 2nd, 2002, 12:43:16 PM
I saw Blade II, John Q, and Mothman Prophecies(Was this year right?) so far. I enjoyed them all. And there were three that I missed: Black Hawk Down, We were Soldiers, and Ice Age.

CMJ
May 2nd, 2002, 01:15:00 PM
"Black Hawk Down" was last year(technically anyways..it was released in December here in Los Angeles, though the vast majority of you didn't get a chance to see it till January).