PDA

View Full Version : Official Site redesign!

JMK
Apr 30th, 2002, 08:07:02 PM
They've gone and changed it all again. I like it alot so far! It's got the cool randomization feature each time you visit the page. Not as interactive or flashy as the old one, but more functional. I was at the site about 2 minutes ago, and it was the "old" version, and I forgot to check something and so I went back everything was changed! How do they do it? :)

Jedieb
Apr 30th, 2002, 08:34:19 PM
I went there earlier tonight and saw the new design. I got the Jango design and it looked great. I had no idea they're rotating them. I'll have to go and check it out. On a similiar note, I just finished looking at a bunch of the EP2 television commercials they have on the site. OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED!!! After the Mace commercial I literally punched my fist in my hand and let out a yell! There's going to be action that's going to make my jaw drop. I can't wait!!!

Jinn Fizz
Apr 30th, 2002, 08:36:22 PM
Yeah, I like it, it looks very nice :)

I couldn't help but realize, though, this is how they can help create massive numbers of hits on the website, because I'm sure everybody is sitting there hitting RELOAD over and over again. Just like I was. :lol

What was funny was that I got stuck on getting Dooku a lot of times in a row. I wonder if that's some kind of sign. :lol

Shawn
Apr 30th, 2002, 08:52:11 PM
In the Dooku pic, it looks like his sabre is purple, for some reason.

RHJediKnight
Apr 30th, 2002, 10:54:32 PM
Wow, really cool new design. I kept refreshing until I saw all six (unless there are more).

But I kept getting the Padmé one over and over again.......but that really isn't so bad, is it? ;)

BTW...hi to any of you who may remember me!

JMK
May 1st, 2002, 07:31:57 AM
Awwww, you got Padme over and over? You poor poor man!
I wish I had that kind of bad luck. ;)

darth_mcbain
May 1st, 2002, 08:52:20 AM
Sweet new design. I am getting a lot of Dookus (and yes, his saber almost looks purple...) All of the designs are really cool - I like the Zam one and the Obi-Wan/Mace one...

ReaperFett
May 1st, 2002, 09:00:59 AM
Did they get Mace's sabre right this time? :)

darth_mcbain
May 1st, 2002, 09:09:22 AM
Mace's saber looks pretty good to me... Looks like they got the hilt and the blade color correct.

ReaperFett
May 1st, 2002, 09:54:08 AM
It's blue on some posters :)

JMK
May 1st, 2002, 11:01:43 AM
I guess they'll keep us guessing until the release date. Jackson said he got his wish with the purple saber, so I would think that's what it will be.

ReaperFett
May 1st, 2002, 11:06:59 AM
Tis okay, I looked. TOS changed it. Its just one poster :)

Sage Hazzard
May 2nd, 2002, 11:39:39 PM
In regards to you're first post, when you ask how they do it, it's rather simple. They just edit in a hidden temp page. Then, when it looks good, they copy the html and paste it for the Index page. :)

I like the new design. Except it's a little too wide for my screen setting. I wish they'd include an option to view it in 800 X 600. :(

Master Yoghurt
May 2nd, 2002, 11:52:36 PM
I like the new design a lot. The pics of Doku, Jango and Zam and others are spectacular. The across the stars music video is also rather good.

darth_mcbain
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:05:53 AM
I just went over to the official site this morning and there's a new skin they've added, Yoda with his saber

JMK
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:07:28 AM
AWESOME!