ReaperFett
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:35:31 PM
When will these be opened/announced?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 30th, 2002, 09:58:53 PM
Don't know as of yet.

Nupraptor
Apr 30th, 2002, 11:49:22 PM
Yog told me that he is currently writing up an FAQ about the move for the GJO.

ReaperFett
May 1st, 2002, 04:58:04 AM
But if noone knows, how are there any questions? :)

Master Yoghurt
May 1st, 2002, 05:11:55 AM
It is a good idea writing that FAQ beforehand so the "what the frell??" comments are kept to a minimum. :)

I hope to make a public announcement and start a discussion about board move as soon as possible. Just need to make sure everything is ready.

TheHolo.Net
May 1st, 2002, 03:38:34 PM
Yog has begun discussing this with the Jedi behind closed doors in one of their private forums. If that goes well, he will move to a public forum and mirror that topic here in the OOC forum, while we also open the forums for public view at that time.

JMK
May 1st, 2002, 03:43:06 PM
Pardon my total ignorance, but what forums are we talking about? I know Yog is starting up something, but what and why is something I don't know...

TheHolo.Net
May 1st, 2002, 03:46:27 PM
The "Roleplaying Groups" category of forums are all still currently private and under development. You can see them as if they were public because you are a moderator and your access not taken away, but regular posters can't see the category at all, or the forums within it.

Pierce Tondry
May 1st, 2002, 04:39:10 PM
So... question.

If the change is made, would SWFans Administrators and Moderators have access to the forums of the GJO or be called on to Moderate them in any way? I read Yog's FAQ and noticed it said that GJO would have full control over its' own operations, but I'm not sure exactly what kind of dividing line that sets between the public forums and those of the GJO. Do we SWFans peeps simply stay in our own forums, or do we have the ability to operate in GJO's forums if circumstances call for it? To my mind, that is a subject that would be best made perfectly clear before any move occurs.

TheHolo.Net
May 1st, 2002, 04:58:15 PM
The issue has already been discussed with GJO staff and the decision was that SWFans staff would only assist in moderation if circumstances called for it, such as a really offensive spammer or whatever, while no GJO staff members were around. In basic effect the board is more or less as separate an entity as possible..

Pierce Tondry
May 1st, 2002, 05:18:14 PM
In other words, we just mind our own business unless people scream and shout in our direction.

Good times.

TheHolo.Net
May 1st, 2002, 05:21:35 PM
Nah, anyone is free to speak their mind whenever they feel the need, but Moderation duties such as edits or username bans, or telling people what they can or cannot post in those forums are the respective board's moderators jobs, not ours.

Shawn
May 1st, 2002, 11:21:57 PM
If the change is made, would SWFans Administrators and Moderators have access to the forums of the GJOAdministrators (namely, Ogre and myself) would have access to their locked forums. Even if we revoked our own access, we'd always be able to grant it back at a moment's notice.

Not like we both don't have access to the Temple Avalon as it is. :p