PDA

View Full Version : We Were Children: Encounter with the Past

Falcon Gyndar
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:06:36 PM
Location: Living Quarters of Falcon Nytrau Remnikt Kall Gyndar
Greater Jedi Order
Yavin Four

Sunbeams filtered through the windows of every room facing the eastern rising sun. Another day was dawning, and one Jedi Knight was already stirring. Twitters of birds and various other animal sounds could be heard as the planet came alive with the new day. Under it all, a pencil scratched across a page:

What we see with our eyes is not always the truth. A Jedi is given to greater things than that of a mortal body. Our senses can be deceived, but a mind empowered by the force can know the difference. This power, however, does not make us gods. Nor do we desire to be worshipped as such, or at all. A Jedi craves not these things, for they are elements of the Dark Side of the Force.

A book slaps shut, a drawer opens and closes. Yawn, and muted footsteps combined. Then crackling and scents of food preparation, followed by consumption of the meal. The drawer opens, and once again, pencil scratching like a chicken to the ground, the writing continues.

The author is one Falcon Gyndar, Jedi Knight.

This morning, hair still damp, dressed in comfortable lounge gard of blue colouring, Falcon was working hard on the writings of lessons past that he had taught to padawans past, in the close to 15 years he had been teaching.

Padawans on Tyntia learned from many teachers before settling with one, once fully competent in mandatory skills to enhance the skill area best handled by their power. Here on Yavin Four, a padawan stayed with one Master/Knight, unless from certain circumstances, this was not possible. In which case, another Master or Knight would continue their training.

Washed in sunlight, the Knight continued his writing.

Tyr Anasazzi
May 3rd, 2002, 07:37:00 PM
* Tyr had been awake for hours, the sun was just rising and beams of sun light cut through the fog that covered the head quarters of the Jedi Order.

He had been out walking for sometime when he found himself back where he started, he turned around and gazed and the vast forest that covers Yavin IV. He took a deep breath and let out a sigh, he truly loved that smell, the smell of a just pasted rain storm, that Sweet, Fresh smell thats left after.

He turned to see his Master's light on. He entered the building and knocked on the door *

"Master?"

Falcon Gyndar
May 6th, 2002, 12:55:36 PM
His eyes did not leave the page, nor did the pencil. He knew, however, who it was that rapped on his portal.

"Good morning. Come on in, Tyr."

Tyr entered, and closed the door. He was about to ask a question when Falcon spoke again.

"Yes, do sit. There is a table by the window, and breakfast. I am sure you have not eaten, and others will arrive, i'm sure. That is the notion that woke me this morning. So I made more to eat than usual. Please, have some. There are enough seats at the table."

Falcon continued to write.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 9th, 2002, 09:18:49 AM
*Natia, an early riser like she always is, decides to pay her adopted Father a visit to see how he is doing. She also decides that it is time that he knows that she will be going for awhile. Since she shares quarters know with her adopted Mother, Xazor, she qietly gets herself up and dressed into a light blue shirt and pants combo while still just sitting on her bed. She then goes, grabs her crutches and hobbles out of the quarters she is sharing and makes her way over to her adopted Father's room. Upon reaching it, she shifts her weight slight and she knocks on the door. Immediatly after that, she opens it and starts to hobble into his room. In a soft, but cheerful voice she calls out*

Father?? You in right now??

Falcon Gyndar
May 10th, 2002, 09:21:29 PM
He answers..

"Yes, Natia. Come on in. Breakfast is on. Keep Tyr company until I finish writing. Eat something. I made plenty."

Xazor Elessar
May 10th, 2002, 10:05:20 PM
Xazor had heard Natia leave, but she had not said anything. Crawling out of bed, the Jedi Knight walked over to her closet and pulled out some red robes. She put them on carefully and then adjusted the Garou Warrior Braids in her hair. Looking in the mirror, she smiled at herself and then walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

It was not a far distance down the hallway to reach Falcon's room, and she had a nagging reason to stop there. Knowing that Natia had probably dropped in to say hello, somehow Xazor knew that was not the reason she needed to speak with him. Once she reached the door, she noticed that it was slightly open still, but she decided to knock anyway.

"Greetings.....this is Xazor......"

She alerted those inside so they would hopefully not object to her presence. She smiled and began playing with one of the coins in her braids. She would wait patiently until someone kind enough would answer the door.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 11th, 2002, 09:29:52 AM
*Natia hobbles over to the table by the window, smiles as she sees the chair right next to the window is empty, she sits down and leans her crutches up against the wall. Just as she does this, she hears a knock on the door and then her Mother's voice calling in, a smile appears on her face*

Morning Mother. Come on in.

*Natia knows she should let her Father invite her Mother in, but she doesn't see any reason why she can't. She now frowns, thinking that she woke her Mother up when she got up and came over here*

I'm sorry for waking you up Mother. I did my best to be quiet when I got up.

Xazor Elessar
May 11th, 2002, 07:59:52 PM
Xazor smiles and pushes the door open. Seeing Natia and Tyr at the table, she approaches them.

"You did not wake me.....I had been lying there awake for quite some time. I had a nagging to come here myself, and obviously you had the very same idea!"

She said with a bright smile. Turning to Tyr, she bowed her head in greeting.

"I do not believe we have met. I am Xazor.....who might you be?"

The Knight questioned with a smile. She looked around for a moment, trying to figure out where Falcon was. She did not wish to be rude and look in the other rooms for him, so she questioned Natia.

"Young one....where is Falcon?"

She questioned gently, smiling as she looked out the window for a moment and then brought her eyes back to the little girl.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 12th, 2002, 08:37:28 AM
*Natia nods her head slightly*

I'm sorry I didn't let you know where I was going then, but I didn't think you would mind if I came here to spend time with my Father.

As for Father, he's doing a bit of writing again. He said he'd be out in a minute or so after he finished doing what he is doing.

Xazor Elessar
May 12th, 2002, 06:52:43 PM
Xazor smiled gently.

"Don't be sorry.....it is perfectly okay with me if you go and visit whomever....I know where you are."

She nodded slightly and looked around for a moment, admiring the quaint room. Her eyes returned to Natia and she smiled.

"That is fine if Falcon is writing...let him take as much time as he needs."

She understood the importance of writing, for she too wrote often.....most everyday. The Knight took a seat in an empty chair and waited for her fellow Knight to join the small group.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 13th, 2002, 11:11:07 AM
*Natia smiles happily knowing that she will get to spend time with both of her parents today. She looks around the room and then remembers the reason for her visit here first thing in the morning. She looks over in the direction that her Father is in and calls out to him*

Father, just to let you know, I'm going home for a visit. Mother's coming with me. We will be leaving later today or early tomorrow.

Falcon Gyndar
May 13th, 2002, 12:57:37 PM
Falcon nods, but continues writing...

"That's fine, Natia. Xazor, there is breakfast on the table for the both of you. Join Tyr at the table...he's already eat---"

He looked up, eyes wide, and slowly closed and put down the book, pencil on top, and stood. He then walked towards the group. Natia, Xazor and Tyr were sitting at the table...He looked at Natia, then Tyr and Xazor, then back at Natia....

"You're what??? Do you have any idea what trouble you'd be getting yourself into, Natia? I mean...Think..Do you think that is such a wise idea?"

He looks at Xazor...

"Back to ...Kymaus?...Xazor, is she sure...Are you sure she should do this?"

Falcon sits down at the table and pours himself some milk....He slowly takes a sip...

"Why? All of a sudden....I..."

He seemed confused as to why Natia would want to go back to a place of so much pain for her...He wasn't able to complete a sentence...

"Umm...Could someone explain this one to me?"

Falcon looked very lost. These actions were not like him. Not normal...his calm and cool...wasn't there.

Tyr Anasazzi
May 13th, 2002, 10:39:47 PM
* Tyr bowed his head slightly as he replied to her question *

" I am Tyr Anasazzi, Padawan to Master Gyndar. It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Xazor. "

* Tyr grabbed his drink and took a sip. His eyes widened somewhat as his Master grew upset about his daughter leaving. Standing up he removed himself from the table and began to walk towards the door, it was obvious this was a family matter and he wanted not to impose *

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 14th, 2002, 11:03:02 AM
Father please, Mother is coming with me and we are doing everything we can to prevent anything bad from happening.

*Natia looks at her Father and she knows that he doesn't think this is a good idea and that he disapproves of it. She kind of finds it slightly funny that he can't figure out why she's going back to her home*

Father, I'm homesick. I know it's not a smart idea to go back, but I've been away from home for almost 4 years now. I'm older now then I was back then and I know how to defend myself alot better then when I was 4. As far as we know, things are alot better there now and it will be perfectly safe for me go and visit. And I'm going whether I have your permission or not. Mother has agreed to go with me so we will be able to handle any trouble that arises together.

Please Father, the only way to conquer your fears is to face them. That is exactly what I'm wanting to do here. I'm scared of going back there, but if I can't conquer my fear, then it will rule me for the rest of my life.

*Natia knows the next question will get to him because her Father has encouraged her to over come her fears, but she has to ask it anyway*

Do you want me to remain as a scared little kid for the rest of my life, not being able to stand up and defend myself when need be??

Falcon Gyndar
May 14th, 2002, 01:16:19 PM
Falcon shakes his head. He blinks, then shakes his head again...

"I'm...umm...sorry, Natia. That was not like me. I'm sure you can understand my worry. I don't exactly feel any good vapor coming off this one. No, I don't want you to remain afraid for the rest of your life...It's just that...well....something isn't right about this. Against my better judgement, I'll let you go, because I trust Xazor implicitly. But, i'm sending someone with you. Someone you haven't seen in a while. Someone you trust...Because that someone is my brother. Tyr, please stay. You aren't invading. If you have come here this morning, it is for a reason you cannot explain. Which, we will discover soon enough."

Falcon closes his eyes for a second, then opens them, and grins...

"Lyan is nearby. He should be landing within the hour. Hurry and eat your breakfast, and that way we can spend time acquainting ourselves with one another. With any luck, my own master Prito should be with him also. Maybe even my sister....but that may not be likely."

Xazor Elessar
May 15th, 2002, 08:58:09 PM
Xazor smiled gently and placed a hand on Falcon's shoulder.

"Natia will be safe with me....I will protect her with my life. We are planning to leave soon...and we are not taking much. Just some food, and our own water....and a change or two of clothes. We are not going to stand out, so we are dressing down, a lot. I will be dressing in Garou robes so I look common, and Natia knows what she will wear. I am a Jedi Knight...I find myself quite capable to take care of her...or I would not have offered to go. Others to accompany us on this trip would be a blessing in case something goes wrong and there is nothing I can do...which has, in the past, proven most unlikely....but one never knows what may happen."

She sat down with the others and began to eat some of the breakfast he had prepared. It was very good and it warmed her body to have some food since she had not eaten since lunch the day before. With a reassuring smile, she turned to Falcon once again.

"Brother Jedi...you have been a blessing to both Natia and I and your help in this mission is greatly appreciated. I can see why she loves you so much."

The Garou smiled once again and resumed eating as she had been just a minute ago. Above everything, she did not want Falcon to worry, or be doubtful of her abilities....Xazor knew what she was doing and would never even dream about putting Natia in harm's way.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 16th, 2002, 10:14:42 AM
*Natia smiles at her Father, happy that he is going to let her go even though he does not like the idea*

Father you must realise that no matter what, you will never get good vapours from my home because you know the kind of life I had there.

*Natia then starts to help herself to some of the breakfast that her Father made*

And don't worry Father, Mother will be with me on the whole trip so nothing will go wrong.

*Natia says that last little bit as if she truly believes it*

Xazor Elessar
May 16th, 2002, 04:45:41 PM
Xazor smiles and nods slightly.

"Yes, I will be with her wherever we may go. We will never leave each other's sides. Please trust my judgement...."

The Knight says softly, taking a sip of some Namana juice that was on the table. She smiled gently at Natia, winking quickly before she took a bit of some toast.

Tyr Anasazzi
May 17th, 2002, 12:23:27 AM
* Tyr nodded and quietly sat back down, reaching out he grabbed his cup full of juice and took a drink. There he waited for his Master to give him instructions. *

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 17th, 2002, 09:46:10 AM
*Natia looks at her Father and then to her Mother and then back to her Father*

I will stay with Mother while I am gone Father so do not worry. If any trouble does arise, Mother will be able to handle it.

*Natia goes and takes a bite of her breakfast, and as she does this, it is obvious that she is starting to get excited about going home even though she never had a good life there*

Falcon Gyndar
May 17th, 2002, 10:31:43 AM
Falcon laughs...

"Alright, alright. You may go. I do trust your judgement, Xazor. I trusted you with Natia since she came here. She calls you mother...how could I refuse? I mean..."

Falcon is cut off by an urgent beeping....It is his datapad.

"It's a message from Lyan...He's in orbit right now. Prito and Shanayla are with him. I'll reply, telling him to land, and we'll meet him at the R.C. after breakfast. So finish up breakfast, everyone, and let's go."

He pulled on his boots, took off his glasses and put them in their case. Then he put away his writing. By the time this was done, everyone was ready and waiting. Falcon opened the door of his quarters, and everyone filed out, following him. They were quiet, so as not to wake any sleepers.

----------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: This is the end of what you could call 'Part One, Scene One'
All participants please wait for the next post before continuing. Thank you! Great work. I will also be posting info for the next scene in the info thread next week, when I return. See you then.

Falcon