PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Hunting

Jacen Himes
Apr 29th, 2002, 11:11:53 PM
Howdy.

This is a question about Bounty Hunting. I suppose it could be considered an OOC ad for my character.

Who hires Bounty Hunters anymore? The Jedi certainly wouldn't if it was for killing purposes. If we're going under the assumption it's a "criminal for hire" rather than a "hitman". I suppose they could hire one for aid. Sith don't hire bounty hunters either is seems, since they have enough self esteem to believe they can handle anyone. So, where does a criminal character like myself get work?

BTW, I'm not confined by Bounty Hunter stereotypes. My character will kill, steal, beat, spy (Thread RPed of course, no OOC infiltration), anything.

Gurney Devries
Apr 29th, 2002, 11:14:55 PM
Well, the concept of a Bounty Hunter was always an interesting one. The main problem we have is that you can't really kill or even kidnap someone without their permission. And, as you stated, there are precious few people that would be hiring.

I had a bounty hunter character once... a long time ago. Didn't do much with him.

Really nice sig, btw.

Jacen Himes
Apr 29th, 2002, 11:47:57 PM
Those rules are for the best though, so I don't challenge them. Still, you'd think characters would want to hire bounty hunters. Even if OOC we can't kill them, you'd think that characters would want characters dead. I've included a broad area of what define my services, so that I can still be of use. So I'm hoping someone will want to hire me for something. Anything.

Thanks, buddy. Always nice to hear people enjoy viewing my work. :)

Azure Regalia
Apr 30th, 2002, 12:19:25 AM
I've had the opportunity to be hired. But then again, I haven't killed anyone that is RPed by anyone here.

But there are bounties and the like out there. They're posted periodically when it is needed for a RP.

And the Sith do indeed put out bounties. I am after two at the moment, both of which have been put out by a Sith.

Darth Vader
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:27:24 AM
:mischief...

Darth Viscera
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:33:20 AM
Darn bounty hunters. You pay them in advance, then they disappear. Bounty jumpers, more like. And yes, I'm looking at both of you! :mad

Gorgja the Hutt
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:34:18 AM
You can PM me if you need any bounties. The Great Gorgja the Hutt has much use of bounty hunters such as you.

HO HO HO HO HO. HA HA HA HA HA.

Jacen Himes
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:43:11 AM
Viscy pooh, you could pay me afterwards. :)

Gorgja, check your inbox in about five minutes. :)

Darth Viscera
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:46:18 AM
Well, if I don't hire you, one of my enemies will, so....
Fine. what's your AIM?

Jacen Himes
Apr 30th, 2002, 02:16:52 AM
Don't have one, buddy. You'll have to do the ol' e-mail thing. Or PM me. I'd rather you PM me. Much quicker.

BTW, this is Sage/Syrius/Avolon. :)

HunterJodoKast
May 1st, 2002, 01:12:26 AM
This is Novi Paran... I am changing my nic to that of Dark Jodo Kast. And portray this nic as another deceiver has garbed himself in Kast's nefarious armor.

And Gorgja let me in on the action too. Thanks!!!

Boba Fett
May 1st, 2002, 01:19:44 AM
Kid...you can pretend to be me. But you ain't me. And eventually we will meet.

HunterJodoKast
May 1st, 2002, 01:26:05 AM
The hunter stands with the sawed-off BlasTech EE-3 blaster rifle grasped in both hands. Yellow T-visor gleaming as his helmet pivots in Boba's direction.

*Look forward to it, old man*

Boba Fett
May 1st, 2002, 01:29:24 AM
Good.

HunterJodoKast
May 1st, 2002, 01:32:06 AM
Jodo Kast's helmet moves with a very subtle nod.

Kurklash
May 1st, 2002, 07:00:51 PM
And dont leave me out. I am kind of Jacen's partner, but we also work alone sometimes.

Jehova Eaven
May 1st, 2002, 07:05:54 PM
TVO contracts bounty huners. Go there if you want business. Note: May include Legit business transactions as well.

Jacen Himes
May 1st, 2002, 11:41:11 PM
TVO? Please give me a link. You have me tempted! :)

Of course, Kurklash might accompany me. I work solo whenever the RP calls for it. Like the Kazaar one. I felt it best if I "overheard" the bounty, then immediantly had the chance to act on it. That way I could get around the killing part. Not knowing if it was "dead" or "alive", I take him in alive just in case. And it just fit with a solo job.

Of course, in others where it'll be planned, I'll be having Kurklash. :)