PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious Stuff...

CMJ
Apr 29th, 2002, 06:44:39 PM
I don't normally post this kind of stuff...BUT my best friend back in Texas sent this to me. He's in the criminal justice system ,as in he's a parole officer, I guess it's the kind of stuff they pass around. Oh man I laughed so hard I nearly cried!

Court Room Humor

These are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published by court reporters. How did they keep from laughing while these were all taking place?

Judge: "Well, Sir, I have reviewed this case and I've decided to give your wife $775 a week."

Husband: "That's fair, your honor. I'll try to send her a few bucks myself,"

Q: What is your date of birth?

A: July fifteenth.

Q: What year?

A: Every year

Q: What gear were you in at moment of the impact?

A: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.

Q: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?

A: Yes.

Q: And in what ways does it affect your memory?

A: I forget.

Q: You forget. Can you give us an example of something you've forgotten?

Q: How old is your son, the one living with you.

A: Thirty-eight or thirty-five, I can't remember which.

Q: How long has he lived with you?

A: Forty-five years.

Q: What was the first thing your husband said to you when he woke up that morning?

A: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"

Q: And why did that upset you?

A: My name is Susan.

Q: And where was the location of the accident?

A: Approximately milepost 499.

Q: And where is milepost 499?

A: Probably between milepost 498 and 500.

Q: Sir, what is your IQ?

A: Well, I can see pretty well, I think.

Q: Did you blow your horn or anything?

A: After the accident?

Q: Before the accident.

A: Sure, I played for 10 years. I even went to school for it.

Q: Trooper, when you stopped the defendant, were your red and blue lights flashing?

Q: Did the defendant say anything when she got out of her car?

A: Yes, sir.

Q: What did she say?

A: What disco am I at?

Q: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Q: The youngest son, the 20-year old, how old is he?

Q: Were you present when your picture was taken?

Q: So the date of conception of (the baby) was August 8th?

Q: And what were you doing at that time?

Q: She had three children, right?

Q: How many were boys?

A: None.

Q: Were there any girls?

Q: You say the stairs went down to the basement?

Q: And these stairs, did they go up also?

Q: How was your first marriage terminated?

A: By death.

Q: And by whose death was it terminated?

Q: Can you describe the individual?

A: He was about medium height and had a beard.

Q: Was this a male or a female?

Q: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition that I sent to your attorney?

A: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.

Q: Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?

A: All my autopsies are performed on dead people.

Q: All your responses must be oral, OK?

A: OK.

Q: What school did you go to?

A: Oral.

Q: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?

A: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.

Q: And Mr. Dennington was dead at the time?

A: No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy.

Q: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?

Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for pulse?

A: No.

Q: Did you check for blood pressure?

A: No. Q: Did you check for breathing?

Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?

Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?

A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.

Q: But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?

A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere.

JMK
Apr 29th, 2002, 07:26:55 PM
Hard to figure out who's dumber, the criminals, or the law isn't it?

CMJ, try writing some of those into your screenplays! :lol

CMJ
Apr 29th, 2002, 07:29:14 PM
Yeah...especially the smart ass coroner in the last one. He could be a terrific character. :)

Admiral Lebron
Apr 29th, 2002, 08:59:21 PM
Cousin of mine is a lawyer. They have to act dumb like that so that they aren't assuming information. Everything is based on stated facts.

darth_mcbain
Apr 29th, 2002, 09:33:43 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Lebron
They have to act dumb like that so that they aren't assuming information.

Dude - that's dumb

:lol Some of those are really good. I love the last one...

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 29th, 2002, 09:33:45 PM
That was hilarious CMJ I was laughing hard the whole time :lol

CMJ
Apr 29th, 2002, 10:16:18 PM
I've read them a good 10 times now...and they get funnier every time. Man alive...if I'm ever depressed I'm just gonna re-read that email. It could make me laugh through just about anything. :)

JonathanLB
Apr 29th, 2002, 11:07:56 PM
Whenever I'm depressed I just go get hammered. Works every time.

Haha, j/k ;)

ReturnOfTheCB
Apr 29th, 2002, 11:19:10 PM
Hahaha, yeah, I hear those depressants work wonders for depression...

:p

JonathanLB
Apr 30th, 2002, 04:40:58 AM
It's silly alcohol is called a depressant -- it has just the opposite effect! The only time I ever got depressed from alcohol was when I had so much that I barfed 12 times and got written up and blah blah, nightmare, haha. That won't happen again. Well, actually it did happen again and it was worse the second time, but I mean I didn't get in trouble. I just nearly died, which is better than getting busted I suppose ;) Haha, j/k

Ben was like, "Dude I didn't know if you were going to make it." Haha, well I definitely would not let that happen again now.

I'm a lightweight now. I just have three to four beers and I'm buzzed enough, wouldn't want to have more and risk it.

The first time I had 12 shots of Vodka in 45 minutes, lol, jesus. That was an insanely bad idea! Extremely awful! The next time I only had about 10 total shots/drinks over 4 hours, which is why I thought I would be ok. I just couldn't handle it as well, which was odd. Now I just will not have more than 5 in any given entire night, no way. I want to live a long life! Haha.

It helps that I hate the taste of beer and hard alcohol is mostly disgusting. I prefer wine coolers (chick drinks, lol), Zima (ultimate chick drink), and Mike's Hard Lemonade. People can say they are women's drinks all they want, but at least they taste good darnit.

I like the quote when this one guy was asked, "Why did you become an alcoholic," to which he said: "Well you got to have some f**king reason to get up in the morning!"

ReaperFett
Apr 30th, 2002, 06:04:38 AM
lol, thats funny :)

CMJ
Apr 30th, 2002, 09:51:02 AM
JMK...this is another case of what we discussed in the "Jason X" thread. How the hell do we get to talking about alcohol and being drunk from the beginning of this thead. Ahhhh, it's funny isn't it. :)

JonathanLB
Apr 30th, 2002, 11:31:34 AM
It's the work of the Devil... or something.

This place is strong in the Dark Side.

ReturnOfTheCB
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:16:07 PM
It's called thread hijacking. And I happen to be pretty good at it :) I guess I shouldn't use the word "hijack", I'm sure the government has Carnivore searching for that too now...

I got bored with alcohol when I realized that it really did have deppresant effects on me...plus my tolerance is so high that I'd have to spend too much to get any real effect. Though I do like Bicardi Silver, Mike's, and Smirnoff ice, for the taste, actually...Bellhaven Scottish ale is nice too, but a bit expensive. But I'm staying away from that stuff for a while. I'll stick to my coffee, which from the shop I found is quite awesome...the owner is ranked in the top 50 for priority of buying quality beans, which means he gets better stuff than Starbucks or any of those other shops. The chocolate for his Mochas is dark chocolate from a friend of his in Alaksa that makes it, higher quality, or at least equal to, Godiva chocolate. Plus you can still function on caffeine :)

This thread is mine now :D (j/k mods...I knew as soon as I said something like that someone would delete my post or something to be a smartass :) )

I guess I'll post something on topic. We did mock trial last year and I asked a few smartassed and blatantly stupid questions just to show how incompetent a witness was. It was supposed to be a murder trial, and the report filed at the crime scene stated that a revolver was the weapon found, yet the gun admitted into evidence was a semiautomatic handgun. The police officer from the scene was on the stand, so I asked if the report was the one he'd filed, he said yes. So I asked whether the gun (we had a picture) was the one he admitted into evidence, he said yes. Asked him to read the type of gun the report indicates, he says revolver. I hold up the picture and ask "is this a revolver?". He of course answers "no" and by that time most of the room is laughing (we were doing the trial in front of the student body). I asked him to explain and he said it must've been a typo. So I said "The entire word 'revolver' is a rather large typo to make, isn't it?". By that time everyone was cracking up. It was probably funnier in person than it is describing it, but I did stuff like that the whole time, because the other teams witnesses were complete dumbasses :)

CMJ
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:21:20 PM
Yeah, yeah...you guys go ahead and change the subject. :P Maybe the stuff isn't as funny to everyone else, but I think it's beyond funny. One of the most comical things I've ever had the pleasure of reading. So there. ;)

ReturnOfTheCB
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:22:40 PM
Hey, I thought it was hilarious...in fact I may print it up and put it on my wall, since I'm going to law school :D

Hey, you said your friend was from Texas? What county? (I was only asking because our bioethics organization is fairly close to the Brazos County DA)

Another "off topic" statement. A few of my friends suggested that I be nominated "Chair of Alcoholism" for our Bioethics Forum :) I responded that I'd do it, but I could quit any time I wanted :D

JonathanLB
May 1st, 2002, 12:51:54 AM
I found it funny, CMJ, not like LOL funny but "hehe" funny. That's just me personally ;)

If I were a girl, I'd say the list is "cute." Then again if I were a girl for a day I wouldn't be posting here, I'd be... ahem, nevermind. Move along, move along. :D

I don't think alcohol is depressing at all, in fact as long as I just have enough to get me buzzed, it has the opposite effect. It makes me feel good for like an hour, then I get sober again and go back to banging my head against the wall. Haha, j/k

CMJ
May 1st, 2002, 12:25:33 PM
Returnof theCB....I'm originally from Denton County in Texas and just moved out here to California about 6 months ago. My best buddy(hell all of my friends really) still lives there.

Jonathan...like I've said before humor is alot like pizza toppings or ice cream flavors. It's hard to get a consensus on what's funny from more than a few ppl(r what the best pizza topping is...or what the best ice cream is...etc, etc...).

BTW ReturnoftheCB, that mock trial sounds pretty hilarious. "Revolver is kinda big to be a typo," LOL.