PDA

View Full Version : New Layout

imported_Eve
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:36:02 PM
Aright, I redid it... a bit.

http://www.holoplanet.net/Sff/SFFForumCode.html - You can either view source on this for the code, deletling the pics for the buttons on the bottom, or use the attachmed txt file.

The buttons are now jpgs, so they will have to be changed. You can see their url by viewing the source code on the above page.

This place should load faster.

Also, I showed Charley. This is the logo I'm working on for this whole subsection. You will see it as part of the new SFF layout, and every layout for all the new forums.

http://www.holoplanet.net/Sff/CISLogo.jpg
(it is not compressed so watch out). :)

Also, I don't have access to the mod forum again, whereas I thought you stated earlier I did. Meybe not.

Shawn
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:41:30 PM
Sorry about that. You should have access now. IMHO, I like this layout a little better, btw.

imported_Eve
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:42:09 PM
Won't attach, trying again.

imported_Eve
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:43:11 PM
Which one?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:07:10 PM
I like the current header and layout better too, though it would be nice to see matchiing Go buttons and little arrow buttons or graphics (see other threads for how you can do that Eve).

Couldn't you add the attached logo into this header graphic in the top right section and switch to the SFF URL where it has the ezboard one?

imported_Eve
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:15:08 PM
Okay first you guys complain that the images are too big. So glad I went through that for this.

The old version is deleted on my system. I like the new one better.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:18:53 PM
Okies, I'll get it changed for ya. :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:20:39 PM
Originally posted by Eve
Okay first you guys complain that the images are too big.PS: I never complained they were too big, mneh. :p

Shawn
Apr 28th, 2002, 05:01:07 PM
You don't need to change the images to reduce the filesize. :) But this one looks good, too.

imported_Eve
Apr 28th, 2002, 05:10:31 PM
I said earlier that to compress them anymore would compromise the quality. So, yeah I had to change it up a bit (get rid of the blind effect).

No Oges, you didn't complain, Shawn did. Course - he always has something to say to me whether I'm doing layouts or making posts.

I spent half the day changing it, so complaining again just waists my time.

Shawn
Apr 28th, 2002, 05:20:12 PM
Sorry. I'll refrain from offering my opinion in the future.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 28th, 2002, 05:41:14 PM
http://bmat.clanhappy.com/toowide.jpg

That image was reduced 60% pixel size wise.

Its too wide for low res users. My browser windows are usually about 800~850 pixels wide. =\

TheHolo.Net
Apr 29th, 2002, 10:30:17 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
That image was reduced 60% pixel size wise.

Its too wide for low res users. My browser windows are usually about 800~850 pixels wide. =\ It fits just right in my standard window (which I am not sure of the width in pixels of). :huh

Gurney Devries
Apr 29th, 2002, 03:48:21 PM
It fits perfectly for my windows (which are about 2/3rds of my screen).

And Evey, honey... I don't know why you think I'm constantly trying to hound you. I was just asking how large all the images were, because it took me longer than I expected it to, to load. It wasn't meant as a critiscism or complaint... I was just concerned that, if the images were too large, dial-up users might take a beating. For all I know, it could have simply been my connection having a hiccup. It's not my intention to harass you at every opportunity.