PDA

View Full Version : Riddle me this...[spoilers]

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 26th, 2002, 09:34:31 AM
Has anybody else noticed that most of the systems that wind up being fledgelings of the Rebellion (Naboo, Alderaan, Corellia, etc) are on Palpatine's Loyalist Committee??? It gives rise to the saying "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." I mean, he pampers them, caters to their needs, like their greatest ally. Its utterly chilling.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 26th, 2002, 09:48:33 AM
Also, they might be his biggest threat, so he tries to win them over. Can Force Users predict the future? On the official site it says Palpatine uses the Force to plan his strategies, seeing all possible outcomes. So he'd know they'd be a threat.

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 26th, 2002, 10:29:40 AM
Currently, the Dark Side is masking the Jedi's ability to sense the future. Remember Yoda saying "The Dark Side clouds everything." Its the smokescreen that enables them to pull this off.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 26th, 2002, 07:25:39 PM
Which really goes to show how damn powerful Palpatine is, if he can cloud the Jedi like that. I was rather surprised he could hoodwink the Jedi like that and be in the same room and they cant recognise him for what he is!

Although, I get the feeling Yoda can. I think Yoda knows more than he is letting on. I think he knows the Jedi and the Republic have to pass away and he knows what Anakin has to do. I just get that feeling from the novel.

Admiral Lebron
Apr 26th, 2002, 08:12:31 PM
It wouldn't surprise me that Yoda knows more than he is letting on, though I have yet to read the book, but from other books he seems to be passive, per se, on matters like this.

Maybe he can see the future and knows that this must happen to lead to a greater good?