PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any plans for May the 16th?

Starquest aka AndyR
Apr 25th, 2002, 02:48:54 PM
something big is supposed to happen that day, but I can't put my finger on it....

darth_mcbain
Apr 25th, 2002, 03:18:22 PM
Yeah - I vaguely heard that some movie will be coming out... :)

Well, my plans for now are to try to score some advance tickets for a midnight showing (or if they won't be having one, the first showing I can possibly get). I'm taking off of work that day and hope to see it at least twice the 16th. I'm also hoping to catch it the 17th with a bunch of friends and I'll probably try to catch it at least once over the weekend. After that I'll probably just go here and there - for TPM I ended up seeing it about a dozen times in the theaters. As $$$ is a little more tight this year I may not quite hit it that many times, but I hope to get at least 8 or 9 viewings in.

sirdizzy
Apr 25th, 2002, 03:22:46 PM
i was going to sit around and play with my jar jar figure

i only buy jar jars

Charley
Apr 25th, 2002, 04:18:16 PM
I'm heading out to Los Angeles to meet up with around a dozen people for a midnight viewing. The next day, I'll watch it at Mann's
Chinese.

Hyphenated
Apr 25th, 2002, 04:26:55 PM
O, will you.

:p

Charley
Apr 25th, 2002, 04:30:08 PM
Yes I will :wings

La'drii Katj
Apr 25th, 2002, 04:30:54 PM
Im gonna be sleeping in ;-)

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Apr 25th, 2002, 07:40:40 PM
Is this a serious question?! o_O :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 25th, 2002, 09:17:15 PM
I am going to get advance tickets for sure either a midnight showing or the earliest I can get, the might becoming available next week either Friday the 3 or Monday the 6 (this is all specualtion and some of it come from theforce.net) I will probably see it at least twice that weekend and again the following week.

Starquest aka AndyR
Apr 26th, 2002, 08:12:58 AM
Sure its a serious question! Everyone has some kind of special plans I am sure.... everyone except me :(
I was planning on taking the day off and watching it a few times in a row, but then my manager walked into my office and said "Andy, you get to go to training!"
Me, "Cool!"
Manager, "You will be going on may 16th and 17th."
Manager, "Andy, whats wrong?"

So I am going to have to wait until the weekend now.... That or I go to a midnight showing, but I want to take my daughter and she wont stay awake for a midnight showing.... so it looks like a wait for me.

Woe is me..... ;)

Gurney Devries
Apr 26th, 2002, 08:23:21 AM
I'll be smacking LL over the head with some sort of blunt instrument and flirting shamelessly with the Cali Girls.

Jedieb
Apr 26th, 2002, 09:12:51 AM
I'm going to do my best to catch the midnight showing. If I can't then I'll be heading straight from work to theater and staying as long as it takes to get a ticket to a viewing that hasn't sold out. There's just no way I can take off from work or call in sick. Too many people know I'm a SW fan, I could never pull off a sick day and my personal days are all used up. :(

darth_mcbain
Apr 26th, 2002, 09:26:34 AM
Knowing SW was coming out this year, I made sure to save my vacation days... :) Especially since I'll be so drained after seeing a midnight showing, both because of the time and also just emotionally - I'd basically be useless at work anyway.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 26th, 2002, 02:51:28 PM
Originally posted by Gurney Devries
I'll be smacking LL over the head with some sort of blunt instrument and flirting shamelessly with the Cali Girls.

:lol

Charley
Apr 26th, 2002, 04:35:30 PM
Nup, don't forget, the last time you tried something like that, I dangled you over a 3 story balcony railing by the neck >D

Live Wire
Apr 26th, 2002, 11:09:45 PM
lol nup got dangled over a third story balcony and I nearly got thrown from a second story window. You're dangerous. I think me and Nup should team up for some payback.

Syrius Cline
Apr 27th, 2002, 12:57:03 AM
I'll be at home. I'm waiting for it to come out at the dollar movies, or maybe I'll go about two weeks after it comes out. I like to let the theater thin out.

When I went to X-Men, on one of the first days, it was packed. I had a little boy sit next to me. I overheard him and his father talking.

Father: Okay, now, you're going to have to point out these people to me. I don't know them as well as you do.

Son: Okay, daddy.

Through the entire movie the kid was like...

Son: Wolverine.... Cyclops.... Professor X...

And if, say two characters were in the same scene, and ti kept cutting back and forth for headshot close-ups it'd be...

Son: Rogue... Jean Grey... Rouge... Wolverine.... Rogue....

URGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ruined the movie for me.

Live Wire
Apr 27th, 2002, 01:13:30 AM
thats why you have to go late at night when everyone under the age of 12 is at home drooling on their pillow.

Alpha
Apr 27th, 2002, 08:06:24 PM
I'll be waiting till after my school lets up (The week of the 16th), and going as a school's out party w/ my g/f, and the rest of my group of friends. Fun fun! :)

JMK
May 10th, 2002, 07:59:22 PM
I'll be working, then coaching my softball team in our first game of the season. The game is at 8:30, which is too early to catch a show after work, and possibly too late to catch a late show. If I don't see this on opening day, I think I might die. Especially if we lose our game! :p

Shawn
May 10th, 2002, 09:42:28 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Nup, don't forget, the last time you tried something like that, I dangled you over a 3 story balcony railing by the neck >D ... Because I told you I'd let you. The look on your face when I put that ice on your sunburned back was well worth the price of admission. :)

Jedieb
May 10th, 2002, 10:03:15 PM
Luckily I have a midnight ticket. That Thurs. night my school has a PTA performance. If it wasn't for that midnight showing there would have an auditorium full of kids and parents wondering; "Where's the fifth grade teacher with all the SW toys on his desk?" :p

JMK
May 10th, 2002, 10:05:09 PM
:lol
Do the kids try to play with them? Or do they catch you playing with them? ;)

Jedieb
May 11th, 2002, 01:42:42 PM
MOI, play with toys? Never! :rolleyes

darth_mcbain
May 13th, 2002, 10:23:38 AM
I just found out that R.A. Salvatore is coming to a bookstore in my area on the 15th - So looks like I'll try to head out there and get my copy of the novel signed, then probably head straight over to the theater, wait in line for the midnight show... Man this is gonna be good!!! The only other thing to figure out is whether or not to camp at the theater overnight - I need to be back for the 10AM showing. I'll probably go home - I'm going solo, so hopefully I should be able to find a decent seat without having to show up ultra-early... Besides, I hope to be in a good seat for the midnight show...

Also, I found out that my theater decided to offer two additional midnight shows. My tixx are for 12:01, then there is a 12:05 and a 12:10... Probably because the 12:01 sold out really quick, they figured to add a few more. The midnight show is going to be so fun - watching with a bunch of other die-hard fans...

Jedieb
May 13th, 2002, 09:30:38 PM
Wed. 5/15
5:45AM
Say goodbye to the wife as she stumbles off to work. Like any good woman she's already been up for about an hour doing the shower and make up thing.
Wake up at 6AM
Take a shower & get dressed.
Wake up my "Little Princess", feed her, and get her dressed.
Wake up "The Boy", shovel some food down his throat, make sure he uses the potty, and throw some clothes on him.
7:30AM
Drive both the monsters to day care.
8:15AM
The work/school day begins. I only have 15 minutes before 23 rabid 10 year olds begin their assault. Oh the horror...
3:30 PM
Kids are gone, but the worst part of the work/school day is yet to come... FACULTY MEETING!!!
4:30PM
I stagger out of the meeting incoherently mumbling "Why didn't I major in business?"
5:00PM
Since I'm all caught up I have no toy runs to make, now my AOTC preparation can begin. It begins with a ..... NAP!!
10:00PM
Wake up from nap and take a shower. That's if I sleep at all. I'll probably be too hyped up to sleep. I'll probably end up posting all afternoon.
11:00PM
Leave for the theater. I've got my ticket so there's no need to stand in line too long. But I just may break down and go a little early to see how things are going.
12:01
Stare at my watch and wonder why the show still hasn't started.
12:02
Nirvana!
That's my big plan, get home from work and try to get some sleep. In all likelyhood, I won't be able to sleep Wed. night. I have to get up at 6AM and repeat all of the above. What are the odds I'll get any sleep between the time I get home from the midnight showing and my alarm goes off at 6AM? Slim and none, slim and none! What's worse, we have a PTA assembly Thurs. night and I HAVE to be there. I'm going to be dead tired. But hey, it'll be WORTH it!:D

Nathanial K'cansce
May 14th, 2002, 07:55:01 PM
The sixteenth...

Waking up about 7 am.

Going to school sometime from 7:30 to 7:45.

Leaving school at 8:10 and heading to my AP Chemistry final exam.

Getting back to school at 12:30 pm.

Going to Econ, Claculus, and English. Get out of classes at 2:45 pm.

Staying at school until 4 for show chior.

after that... who knows?

BUFFJEDI
May 14th, 2002, 10:05:00 PM
04/15/02 at arrive at theater at 10:00 to stand in line WITH ticket in hand to watch some movie(he he he )

04/16/02 Post on message board How Great it was (I pray)

04/16/02

8:30

get up and eat (gotta gain 15 pounds)

9:00

head to gym (gotta get back into BUFF shape)

11:00

Eat (gotta gain 15 pounds)

11:30

take shower (gotta get clean)

11:40

fix hair / watch a little matlockat 12

12:45

finish fixing hair/feed dog /leave for theater

1:10

Try to get another free AOTC ticket(;) )

1:20 - roughly 11:00

watch AOTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:00-1:00

pay for ticket :D /eat (gotta gain 15 pounds)

1:30

go home and get ready to Repeat Friday

Life it Be Good !

JMK
May 14th, 2002, 10:19:21 PM
It sure is right about now Buff!

BUFFJEDI
May 14th, 2002, 10:25:11 PM
A-MEN!!

darth_mcbain
May 16th, 2002, 08:43:11 AM
Originally posted by Darth McBain
I just found out that R.A. Salvatore is coming to a bookstore in my area on the 15th - So looks like I'll try to head out there and get my copy of the novel signed...

Got the book autographed - that was a blast, waiting in line with a bunch of SW fans, meeting the author. He was really cool and chatted a bit with us as he signed the book. I was so stoked to meet him, and then afterwards, it was right off to the theater. What an awesome night!