PDA

View Full Version : Can he do that???

Telan Desaria
Apr 25th, 2002, 05:47:43 AM
Can Vis really make my ships all return to Imperial Center, even the ones which I had built at Guild and Sith yards up to my own specs. These ships didn't have the override codes as noticed in the THRAWN trilogy. If he can, I'll play along and dump the computer cores and go to backups. But can he really do that. If so, I have to applaud Vi for his ingenuity. Bra-vo. I never would have though of that.

Palpatine
Apr 25th, 2002, 06:37:44 AM
If he built the ships - yes

If he did not - No

Sean Piett
Apr 25th, 2002, 07:29:13 AM
I've known Vis as long as anyone active here, and I distinctly remember that after we left TIE, he placed overrides on all ships, and said that he would continue doing so unless saying otherwise. I'm sure you can find the post somewhere in the bottom of the archives. Someone, though I cant remember who, tried to defect and after a big discussion, it was decided that Vis' system could not be overruled, and he made another post at GMA to clarify how the system was fool-proof. There is no way to reverse this. So if the ships were serving as Imperial, then such features would be installed. It's standard conduct that goes without say.

Charley
Apr 25th, 2002, 08:33:08 AM
What they said :) aye-yup.

I can't remember the details, but I'm relatively sure that the backups also contain such a failsafe, but wouldn't matter anyway since you would be physically locked out from being able to do such a thing.

Darth Viscera
Apr 25th, 2002, 08:46:57 PM
Well, I can't do that on the ships that belong to you personally, Telan. This is why I specifically mentioned only the TGE ships. The Guild is part of the Empire, and has been for nearly as long as you've been a member, so I'd say the Guild ships would be affected, too. Probably not the Sith-built ships if they were serving as your personal vessels, however (please don't see this as me condoning "personal fleets", to my knowledge this is the first I'm hearing of Telan's extra, externally built ships).

If he can, I'll play along and dump the computer cores and go to backups.

Oy, what a bad security system that would be if you could just dump the computer cores and go to backups. Unfortunately, it's not just a push-button solution. You'd have to strip the hulls in and out in a shipyard for a bit to extract all failsafes. We did this back around February of 2001 when Gue defected an old TGE armada, had to retrofit them to accommodate Imperial security standards and what have you.

Telan Desaria
Apr 26th, 2002, 10:46:55 AM
So, what do you propose...

On the Sith and other ships, my crew would be unaffected. My ships would remain intact. But on your ships, I have to find a way to circumvent you...

Any suiggestions...IS there a Mara Jade in the house with Palpatine era codes???

Darth Viscera
Apr 26th, 2002, 04:02:07 PM
About the only circumvention you could do is to narrowly escape with your life. Remember, there's no air on a warship with no life support.

And Palpatine-era codes would do absolutely no good on a warship not built in the Palpatine era.

MMU
Apr 26th, 2002, 10:03:58 PM
Can I help? Pleeeeeaaaaaase? You must let me help or I will explode.

I do that sometimes.

Darth Viscera
Apr 26th, 2002, 10:25:53 PM
Who are you? :huh

MMU
Apr 26th, 2002, 10:31:17 PM
I'm MMU. The Rascal King's mobile mainframe unit.

And, I'm actually serious about helping.

Darth Viscera
Apr 26th, 2002, 10:50:25 PM
The Rascal King's mobile mainframe unit.

What does that mean? :huh

Charley
Apr 26th, 2002, 10:51:30 PM
Exactly what it says. :)

Darth Viscera
Apr 26th, 2002, 10:52:36 PM
what is a rascal king?

MMU
Apr 26th, 2002, 10:56:59 PM
The Rascal King is Lok s'Ilancy's ship, and MMU is basically the ship's avatar.

Darth Viscera
Apr 26th, 2002, 11:00:47 PM
No, I think I'll just take my ships back, leave Telan that much more destitute.

You can help out some other time.

MMU
Apr 26th, 2002, 11:03:28 PM
Well, I was kinda offering the helping hand to Telan.

My bad on not making that clearer.

*sheepish grin*

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 26th, 2002, 11:08:22 PM
:: Cant breathe... laughing so hard......:::

* Passes out *

Darth Viscera
Apr 26th, 2002, 11:17:03 PM
This is an Imperial dispute. Thanks for your offer, but no thanks.

MMU
Apr 26th, 2002, 11:35:35 PM
s'all cool.

*wanders off to eat tacos*

Gurney Devries
Apr 28th, 2002, 12:53:13 AM
omg... I need to have some RPs with MMU in it. :D

Jedi Neo
Apr 28th, 2002, 02:41:12 AM
*Neo walks in and lights up a small fire and starts to cook a fish in a pan.*

How do you all like your fish?

MMU
Apr 28th, 2002, 02:45:35 AM
You do????

*eyes get watery*

Thank you...........*sniff*.......I.....I love you.

Alpha
Apr 28th, 2002, 11:29:36 AM
Was wondering when this one would go off Topic for good...

Jedi Neo
Apr 28th, 2002, 06:05:42 PM
::Neo looks at Alpha.::

Would you like some fish Alpha?

Telan Desaria
Apr 29th, 2002, 06:20:47 AM
Mr MMU

I require all the ehlp you can give. According to my records, one of My star Destroyers and one of Carrack-clas Cruisers, in adition to all four former Thyferra ships would be lost to Vis if I allowed this to happen-he can't touch my flagshoip since it's in hyperspace and unable to receive commands or communiques of anykind.

So, that having been said, I cannot afford to lose these ships if I am to start an Empire of my own,. Please, I would beseech you to help me.

*takes offered helping hand and shakes fervently*

Darth Viscera
Apr 29th, 2002, 06:54:27 AM
I believe that I can touch your flagship, and I believe that I already have.

1. You never posted that the Decisive went into hyperspace. Seeing as how I'm offering opposition in that thread, I think it's very logical and kosher to assume that those transmissions were received and all of my ships affected before the Decisive went into hyperspace.

2. Do a search on hyperspace (http://www1.theforce.net/CUSWE/search.asp?page=1&search=hyperspace&EandD=EyDn&no=10) and you'll see, among others, two important results: Hyperspace Communications, and Hyperspace Transponder.

Nice way to try and just insert that matter-of-factly into your post, but I don't see you having escaped unscathed with my SSD.

MMU
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:49:35 AM
Yaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! I get to help!!!!! I get to help!!!!!

NOW.............

Let's make biscuits!!!!!

Let's make biscuits.

Darth Vader
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:52:14 AM
Make Red Lobster cheese & garlic spoon biscuits, or I'll blow your planet up!

MMU
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:53:16 AM
Salutes as eyes turn red*

"YES SIR!!!!"

Alpha
May 1st, 2002, 06:33:21 AM
Those Red Lobster biscuts are good! :) *drools* yum!

Darth Viscera
May 7th, 2002, 07:41:08 AM
Telan, you all but ignored my post. That HCLC is being used as a trans-communication point to amplify the signal.

Darth Viscera
May 8th, 2002, 10:52:57 AM
bump

Telan Desaria
May 13th, 2002, 06:15:30 AM
I'm pretty sure that the crew of the HCLC stil, has command of communications and things of that nature., You would have to clear it of all of my loyal crewman first. And I am not ignoring your post. I am waiting for you to do something.

I am trying ym best to save my flagship. You are trying to take it away. Let us go with imagination, but the rules of the Empire do apply. Let us say, that as soon as the crew found of your attempt, they intitated the self destruct, but, as you tried to stop that, they overloaded their weapons and detonated the amoo sotres. Your beacon is dead. Shall I post that.

I can't iit's locked. How are we to continue?

Darth Viscera
May 13th, 2002, 01:58:04 PM
The crew of that HCLC is dead. No life support.

Telan Desaria
May 14th, 2002, 06:15:21 AM
Well then, since it is dead, and has no men to man the guns and no automated weapons, shall we say I send to squadrons i TIE Defenders to its location to buffet it with missiles and torps and lay it low and nock out the beacon. \

PS-Check your new fleet forum. I've accepted your offer