PDA

View Full Version : Moderator abilities

TheHolo.Net
Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:12:45 PM
I should mention here that I have added a couple of hacks that give moderators some extra abilities.

Extra abilities:

Edit username, user email, user homepage, and user signature
Edit Forum Access Masks (private forum access) for the forums which they moderate only. All previous mods have global access mask edit ability, new mods - Yog - only the forums which they are assigned and the child forums of said forums.)

Previous abilities:

Ban users by username
See IPs in posts and in Who's Online (not sure if this works for Yog or not)
See invisible users in Who's Online and Who was Online Today(My own custom hack I wrote :D Again, not sure if this works for Yog)
Edit, Delete, Merge, Split, Stick, Unstick, and Move topics
Mass Move Topics
Mass Prune Topics
Add forum announcements

Location of the mod control panel (for banning, editing access masks, and user profile stuff previously mentioned):
http://www.swforums.net/forum/mod/

TheHolo.Net
Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:26:31 PM
If I remember right there are some other access mask hacks that I can add tat will make private forum access easier to keep track of than having to look at each and every individual poster's access mask list. I will investigate further.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 23rd, 2002, 03:57:19 PM
I have custom headers set up for Avalon, The Academy, The LQ, Yog’s and Arcan.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:27:01 PM
I have now made it possible to list all the users who have access to any particular forum from within the mod control panel, by using the link to "List by Access Mask". ( a slightly modified version of an already existing hack back from vB version 2.0.3. :)

Shawn
Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:29:44 PM
brilliant!

TheHolo.Net
Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:32:03 PM
Thanks go out to Firefly for making awesome hacks that are easily modified. :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 23rd, 2002, 08:06:39 PM
I am now working on getting these forums and its moderators the ability to display and set custom titles. As you see I already have one myself.

Now to get a default value for it and give mods the ability to edit. :)

Trace Sha
Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:15:25 PM
Okay, this is just a test post with a user whose custom title I changed with a mod account and used HTML in the title of. Now to see if it all works. :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:19:40 PM
Okay, now mods have the ability to modify custom user profile fields and the custom title one allows 250 Characters and HTML. :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:20:01 PM
Still looking into setting it with a default value.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 24th, 2002, 12:11:30 AM
Alrighty, I found a way to set all currently registered users to a default value, but new users will have a blank custom title until changed by a mod.

new users = users who register later than now, since I just ran the DB query and set everyone's to "Seeker of Knowledge".

I don't think its possible for me to set a default value at registration, but I will continue to investigate.

Shawn
Apr 24th, 2002, 01:34:01 AM
Well, still... that's pretty darn spiffy.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 24th, 2002, 06:05:30 AM
Well, I posed this scenario to the frequenters of the PHP forum at the vB hacking forums and got my answer. It should be set now so that new registrants get the default custom title, which can later be changed by a moderator. Win win. :)

I also have the capability to change the default CT if needed.

meh
Apr 24th, 2002, 06:22:21 AM
Ogre here with a newly registered account to test this custom title and be certain, which I already am since I looked the user up in the admin control panel to allow access here and could see the title was there. :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 24th, 2002, 06:25:05 AM
Removes meh's access and sets the account to 0 posts so ppl don't look at the newest member's profile and wonder why it has one post but they can't see what it is.

Yay me, for pulling this off! :D

Master Yoghurt
Apr 25th, 2002, 09:59:36 AM
Some disturbingly cool hacks.. fantastic work, Ogre! :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 26th, 2002, 01:03:12 AM
After some thought and asking Shawn, we have gone ahead and given moderators even more abilities of their own. Yes, I have done more custom hacking of my own. :D

Moderators are now able to look up users by email address as well as the way it was before, just username.

Moderators are also now able to use the IP search features built into vBulletin, which blow those of ezboard’s out of the water by a mile. You can actually input just a couple sets of numbers from an IP address and click search and get a list of all the users that have posted with that set of numbers in their IP. :)

Master Yoghurt
Apr 26th, 2002, 02:08:26 PM
Oh, I like :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 26th, 2002, 09:55:36 PM
:)

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Apr 27th, 2002, 09:11:42 PM
I am amazed. You guys are SO SMART!! :cool

TheHolo.Net
Apr 27th, 2002, 09:13:44 PM
Nah :o :p