PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a mammoth?

Inabrin Tain
Apr 20th, 2002, 11:37:45 AM
I have only just seen the new Disney flick "Ice Age" and feel compelled to say somthing....anything about it.

Firstly, the graphics.... well they were alright...nope, infact I would call them pretty damm sweet, whilst sitting in an auditorium full of damn screaming kids you tend to pick up on the overall mood, and the mood in this particular auditorium mostly involved the use of the term: "ohh pretty" and "wow!!!!" and not forgetting "WILL SOMEBODY SHUT THAT KID UP!"

Whilst the graphics were just sitting on the screen and looking smug with themselves, I decided to watch the movie, and discovered that I had not infact come into the right auditorium. The film I was watching was "The Land Before Time" except with unshaven dinosaurs, the plot was very familliar to me, and the appearance of a small comedy relief character again brought me back to "The Land Before Time".

It wasnt all bad however...It did have the gigantic shiny Disney symbol stamped on it, this mysterious and powerfull sygil seems to do strange things to everyone who sees it, everything the great sygil is attached to becomes instantly the most perfectly crafted thing you ever saw and gives a sense of complete fulfilment to the viewer.

But enough of my venom for Disney, the film did have the prerequisite number of lessons that will teach the kids of tomorrow true values...for example:

If you are an animal you can make truly horrendous threats but as long as your honest in the end you will not come a cropper.

You can change youre allegiance as many times as you like as long as you dont upset the majority ie: the audience.

And obviously the hero comes out alive in the end.

Aww who am I kidding...i only went to see the episode II trailer and the cute non speaking squirrel type critter..I am weak before the force of the mighty Belgian empire, all must bow before it.

:cry

Live Wire
Apr 20th, 2002, 01:57:30 PM
I was lucky I saw it in a theatre late at night at downtown disney with very few children the audience who were concious enough to realize they were seeing a movie. So needless to say the audience was full of adults who would have waited to see it on video had it not been for the star wars trailer. Im proud to say I started the applause at the end of the star wars trailer which was follwed with much enthusiasm! :D

I too went to see it not for the story but for the trailer and the scrat (the squirel thing) and while it was funny and john leguizamo voiced a perfect sloth. I laughed my butt off every time the little scrat was on the screen. It was kind of embarassing lol cause after seeing the trailer so many times (and laughing to the point of embarassment then too) I knew what was happening as soon as it started and started laughing before it got funny.

Aside from that I give the movie and A-. Kids will love it parents will approve of it and star wars fans everywhere would even watch titanic just to see the trailer live in big screen! So I think its a must see. And if you found the trailer as absolutely hiallrious I as did then you wont be disappointed.

Alpha
Apr 20th, 2002, 02:38:50 PM
I like the Scrat. He's my favorite of the chars! This coming from a 14 year old...:)

Hyphenated
Apr 20th, 2002, 03:25:02 PM
I didn't think it was like the Land Before Time! Ok, sure, dinosaurs.

I loved Ice Age. I laughed really loudly. :D

Miryan no Trunks
Apr 20th, 2002, 04:12:05 PM
Can't say I didn't like the movie myself >.<

But frell, I was hoping the tigers'd Get the neanderthals in the end =/ Baby thing was ugly as sin, and it would've been hilarious if they'd mixed things up like that :evil

Cirrsseeto Quez
Apr 20th, 2002, 04:25:08 PM
Pounces on Miryan, kills him, and eats him :cat

General Tohmahawk
Apr 20th, 2002, 04:28:40 PM
I LOVED Ice Age. I actually found it a very solid movie and hysterical in places.

Rama
Apr 20th, 2002, 05:57:54 PM
a "mammoth" what?

I might be albe to help you.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 20th, 2002, 06:17:15 PM
Well, someone didnt read the other posts, lol

When I saw the movie, I enjoyed it. And that switching side when the "Good Guys" Need it happened in Star Wars also, so no bad mouthing it. Ok, no lie, I loved the Ice Cave part, and tons of other parts of the movie which held jokes which only muture people understood. And all this bad mouthing Land Before Time has got to stop. (Sure, all but the first one sucked... and sucked major ass) But I grew up on the Land Before Time, it was my first movie I saw in a theater, or the first movie I remember seeing in the theater. I still have it laying around here somewhere also.

Rama
Apr 20th, 2002, 11:36:11 PM
I did.......i was just makeing a preverted joke that got lost on then general public. =\

*Sigh*

OH well.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 20th, 2002, 11:58:07 PM
Ah, no...

My problem is I keep judging others by my own standards,
That a real man left those kind of jokes back in 6th grade.
Another problem is, I belive in the old ways, treating women with respect and kindness, and when ever I make a crude joke, I cringe inside. I feel like all the jackasses who must resort to immature jokes. So, of course you lost it on me. And I always thought you had a higher level of thinking.

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 12:17:17 AM
*watches dyzm try to suck up to the female population of swfans*

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Apr 21st, 2002, 12:19:48 AM
I liked the movie even though I originally only went to see the sw trailer, Scrat was funny as hell, Dennis Lery(sp?) was pretty funny as the the sabertooth...

"where's the baby?"-Diego

*bares claws and smiles toothily*

"there he is!"-Diego

*baby looks freaked out back at him*

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 21st, 2002, 02:03:31 AM
O come on LW, how many times have you seen me dip down into the filth? Not often, and only when I had a very bad day.

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 21st, 2002, 04:36:34 AM
I liked the Sloth. I thought he was cute for some reason :D

Inabrin Tain
Apr 21st, 2002, 05:02:16 AM
Ohh...what have I started :D

Alright, all comments about "The Land Before Time" withdrawn. My first movie was "Bambi", and I believe that it scarred me deeply.

But come on...did'nt anything feel a little familliar about the film itself, alright, these sorts of films all follow a set formula..but there were a few to many similarities for my taste.

But all of this dosent really matter, the characters were entertaining.

ie: Ti-quon (sp?) dodos

"There goes the last female"

And the saber tooth tigers were bound to impress the Cizerack.

P.S.

Its good to see that the last bastions of taste and decency are holding up well, keep it up Dyzm.
:shootin

P.P.S.

Filthy Rama...get thee gone from my sight

::splashes Rama with holy water...it seems to have no effect::

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 21st, 2002, 05:39:20 AM
But come on...did'nt anything feel a little familliar about the film itself, alright, these sorts of films all follow a set formula..but there were a few to many similarities for my taste.

Aren't all Disney films based on the same concept with a slight scenery/appearance change? :p you always have the same characters, just in different forms.

Not that I don't like some Disney :lol

;) @ Inabrin

Miryan no Trunks
Apr 21st, 2002, 05:52:59 AM
Naw, that's only the sequels =)

You know:

- Main male and female character have child.
- Child interacts with and/or fights with main enemy from 1st movie, or relatives of.
- Main male and/or female characters show up and save the day.
- Happiness ensues, the peasents rejoice, and the viewers wake up.

With the main exception of Toy Story 2, I can't currently think of a single disney sequal that Doesn't follow that. (Which is impressive, as my gf is horribly obsessed with Disney. Fortunately on that one, I'm turning her to the anime side slowly but surely XD

Chaos Alexander
Apr 21st, 2002, 03:10:24 PM
My g/f doesn't like Anime. I still use the "If you love me and don't want the year and a half we been dating to be for nothing, you will watch {Insert Anime here} with me...." line. That and I promise to watch scooby-doo with her (I hate that show and movies).

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 03:16:03 PM
Shame on you chaos for guilt tripping your g/f!!!!

Yes all disney sequels follow that format. Toy story couldnt cause well that would have been disturbing.

And the dodo's were hillarious!
Yes Dyzm you are good 95% of the time. I was just razzing ya. It is my way! You should know that.

I thought the sloth was cute too, Vega. John Leguizamo was the perfect voice.

Chaos Alexander
Apr 21st, 2002, 03:29:30 PM
She puts guilt trips on me all the time. All is fair in love and war. And we two are so in love. That means teh war is big as well. hehe.

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 03:32:16 PM
lol!! Disney vs Anime.....no one will triumph. that war will go on forever.

Rama
Apr 21st, 2002, 05:02:50 PM
Originally posted by Dark Lord Dyzm
Ah, no...

My problem is I keep judging others by my own standards,
That a real man left those kind of jokes back in 6th grade.
Another problem is, I belive in the old ways, treating women with respect and kindness, and when ever I make a crude joke, I cringe inside. I feel like all the jackasses who must resort to immature jokes. So, of course you lost it on me. And I always thought you had a higher level of thinking.

I told my wife that if I ever "grew up" I want her to put a bullet in my head. :p

I still buy toys, I still watch G.I. Joe and Transformers on old tapes and drink Chocolate milk. Some people claim to be a kid at heart.......I actually am ^__________^

Miryan no Trunks
Apr 21st, 2002, 06:21:54 PM
Psh, Disney vs. Anime war is already ending >=)

I mean, considering they've not only ripped off anime for their Stories in the past, they've now got the liscence to do a set of movies or some such thing, based on Another anime ^_^

Alpha
Apr 21st, 2002, 06:24:39 PM
Originally posted by Live Wire
lol!! Disney vs Anime.....no one will triumph. that war will go on forever.

Like the GONK and GRONK war...:)

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 21st, 2002, 06:44:49 PM
GRONK!

Disney sucks. The only decent features from them in the last 5 years all have the name "Pixar" attached to them. Now, Pixar rule all. Dreamworks aint doing all that bad either.

Anything Pixar does, i dont count as Disney anyway. Dreams works / Pixar will destroy Disney within 10 years I hope.

Miryan no Trunks
Apr 21st, 2002, 06:46:38 PM
Disney sucks. The only decent features from them in the last 5 years all have the name "Pixar" attached to them

Well, Mostly.. when did Nightmare before Xmas come out again?

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 08:44:38 PM
ahhh look what you've done alpha! I am a disney fan but disney hasnt done anything decent lately. The Little Mermaid, beauty and the beast, aladdin, and lion king were the height of disney and its been a lot of sub par movies since then. BUt I still cant ever get into anime....and I tried but its just not amusing. I'd watch scooby doo reruns any day.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 21st, 2002, 09:32:12 PM
Nightmare Before Christmas came out bout 8 or so years ago

I told my wife that if I ever "grew up" I want her to put a bullet in my head.

Yeah, I feel the same way, but I dont think young people make crude jokes like that.

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:33:01 AM
The Emperor's New Groove kicked booty. I LOVE that movie! :D In fact, I'll probably quote it non stop in May. Just warning y'all. And if Charley hasn't seen it, I'm bringing my tape. :) Woohoo!

Rama
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:38:22 AM
Disney ripped off the story for Alantis FROM an anime.

Yeah, I feel the same way, but I dont think young people make crude jokes like that.

You'd be surprised.

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:42:22 AM
If I had a wooly mammoth, I would pet him everyday.

All I have are thes cockroaches, and the occaisional fruit fly.

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:45:19 AM
oh yeah the emperors new groove was better then I expected.

"squeek squeek squeekety squeeken"

lol! But when it came to truly great impressive movies they lost it after lion king.

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:47:26 AM
The New Groove won for totally random humor. I love David Spade!

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:51:11 AM
oh david spade was perfect for that character! I love him as Finch on Just Shoot Me! Hes so hillarious. Doesnt he look like his name should be finch?

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:00:08 AM
That's because his face looks...pinched, and pinch rhymes with Finch.

:D I love Just Shoot Me. :) And the Emp's New Groove has the same sort of humor as me, completely random. :mischief

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:01:10 AM
lol!!!

Pull the lever!

WRONG LEVEERRRRRR!!!!

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:05:59 AM
OW! Hands off my lever please.

*crasks shoulder back into joint*

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:07:17 AM
O_O oh my

>_<

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:16:13 AM
..why do we even HAVE that lever? *backhands croc, who whines and scampers away*

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:18:39 AM
I loved cronk! He was so funny!!! I liked when he was in the kitchen and they kept walking in and out changing the order on him.

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:19:34 AM
I don't watch cartoons anymore. Except X-Men

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:20:20 AM
O_O

cartoons rock! one should never outgrow cartoons!

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:21:23 AM
I haven't outgrown them. Just became an insomniac and now I wake up at like 1-2 pm

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:22:05 AM
awww....start taping them and poping in videos

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:28:59 AM
VCR broke from old Alien that was worn out and had been stepped on

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:32:02 AM
awww that sucks!

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:32:44 AM
Now Days, I keep to a tight show schedule:

Weekdays: Dragonball, and Dragon Ball Z (When they have new episdoes, other wise, I watch the Simpsons or watch nothing at all.

Saturday: 9 A.M. I watch Mystery Science Theater (Thats if I remember to tape it or wake up)
Then at 11 P.M, I watch Yu-Yu Hakasomething, Cowboy Bebop, Some other Show, Gundam Unit 0083.

Sunday: 8p.m. Simpsons
11 P.M. Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Brak Show (If On) Sealab 2021, and Space Ghost.

Rama,
Ya, to true, the kids now days dont respect the bigger guys. I was walking around the block. (I do that to help me think, and its great for Day Dreaming)
And a nieghbor boy's friend walks by. I dont know the kid personally, dont even know his name. While Walking, the kid was all, "Hey, want to fight?" This kid is only 12, I found it really funny. Me being twice his height and all, so I said "Sure" (even if I would never hit someone younger then me, besides my brother) He looked at me and started backing up. I found it really funny. All I know is, when I was his age, I respected my elders. What is wrong with kids today? I'll Tell you, they watching MTV and crap! Now when I was his age (and younger), watched Dino-Riders, Transformers, Salute Your Shorts, Pete and Pete, and all the classics.

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:35:09 AM
Damn straight! Kids these days are out of control! I teach dance to children on fridays. There was one girl I had for a short while who didnt listen to anyone not even her mom. I finally told her if she couldnt handle it she wouldnt be taking class. I tell you someone needs to teach these kids respect.

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:37:27 AM
jI wjill teach them rrressspect! :cat

Darth Viscera
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:38:26 AM
Someone mention Emperor's New Groove? That's next in my queue of DVDs i'm ripping. I wonder if I'll ever watch this DivX collection?

*shrugs*

I'm the only man in the world who collects things he doesn't like.

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:38:59 AM
lol! Whip em into shape!!!

oh thats what I should do...Im taking my whip to my next class.

Actually I got them to work harder when I put on my pointe shoes and did some eschappe's. lol they were like wow!!! we want to do that so I was like well you better do what I tell you! lol!

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:41:31 AM
Eschappes?! That sounds like a drink. :mischief

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:42:25 AM
nope its french for your legs and ankles will feel like their on fire when your ballet instructor makes you do 96 of them.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:42:42 AM
I have one of the few Good DVD players which can play Divix DVDs.

I just need to buy a DVD Burner, and BAM!!! My Own Copies of Jay and Silent Bob Strike back and Iron Monkey...

I found Iron Monkey alot more humorous then Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

WONDER PALM!!!!

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:48:27 AM
lucky!

Rama
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:01:51 AM
lets see...I watch:

That 70's show on Tuesday

That 80's Show, Greg the Bunny, and i use to watch Titus too till they took it off for god knows how long( P.S. Sign the "SAVE TITUS" Peition found here: http://www.petitiononline.com/TITUS/petition.html ) on wedsday

On Thrusday I usually watch Family guy.

Friday i watch Farscape

Sat I watch Red Dwarf and Stargate SG-1

on Sun I watch Futurama(I can't believe they are gonna cancel this show) King of the Hill, Simpsons and then the X-Files(R.IP Lone Gunmen.)

Mon is Raw night.

Alpha
Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:23:04 AM
Oh, c'mon gusy! not ALL kids that age are as bad as you say! My friends and I for example. We are normally really respectful to our elders except for the ones we deem don't deserve our respect, so we just ignore 'em.

Remember, You have me, who's a 14 year old. I'm not THAT bad, am I?

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 10:04:46 AM
Im gonna miss futurama. The Lone Gunman was an awesome show but people who plan the lineups dont know jack shchitt! (but I do!) lol! Anyway. I wont miss X-Files cause I know if they keep it on longer the show will go to hell. Its already not as good as when Mulder was there. Stargate rocks!!! I watch too much tv but Im usually doing other stuff at the same time so I dont really count it as pure tv hours.

No alpha not all kids are that bad....you on the other hand. well dont let me get started! :p

Inabrin Tain
Apr 22nd, 2002, 10:59:41 AM
Yea...kids are becoming quite a handfull nowadays.

;;Considers the use of nowadays;;

OHH GOD NO...IM BECOMING AN OLD MAN!!!!

-choughs-

Anyhow....yea...kids...curse em. I live in the north-east of England (Not Scotland...Just for reference) and here we have seen a strain of super kid emerge....they surpass all petty criminal acts ever perpetrated by any kid anywhere, they stalk the land and terrify all who encounter them...and they are known as:

Chavas (chaavaas)

These truly terrifying creatures issue from public schools in waves that surpass any plagues inflicted by God. These foule cretures suck all the goodness out of any public space and are the cause of millions of pounds of government spending...they are probably more evil, malicious and generally all round no good as the sith. The only way to whip em into shape is with the jack-booted heel of Corporal Punishment!

::Remembers about the real subject of this thread::

So..Disney, right....Yea...i entirely agree with you LW, Disney hit the perfection mark too early with the Lion King, everything seemed hollow after Timone, Pumba and of course Rafiki. :(

Buy YAY Red Dwarf...the best British export ever...everyone should see at least one episode...cause well...you gotta love "The Kat" :cat

I seem to have reached the end of my my posting ideas today, so I can think of no better way to end than with:

"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!!"

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:00:54 PM
Sat I watch Red Dwarf

Hell YUS! I love Red Dwarf :D Cat is my favourite character ^_^

Chavas (chaavaas)

:x Noo.. the evil Charvas...

Hyphenated
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:05:36 PM
O_o

o_O

I don't watch much TV.

I just watch my movies over and over. Like, Snatch. Never get tired of it!

Of course, now I need a VCR to watch them with... :(

And Iron Monkey was hilarious. :) Love that movie. Of course, I've only seen the old version, which is badly dubbed, leading to much of the hilarity. I'll have to see the version they released here in the US.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:09:41 PM
Yep, I'm a movie person too. Only TV I watch, Wrestling, Buffy and Farscape.

What an odd combination that is O_o

Vinny Red
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:15:55 PM
Tv is evil! Save for Simpsons and wrestling and that buffy show. Damn her for being addictive....heh..there are a few late night shows i watch too (undergrads, mission hill, oblongs) No one has ever heard of them though except for myself. Pretty fummy shows if you like cartoons for adults. NOT THOSE KINDS OF CARTOONS. heh

If you like snatch, you should make it a point to see Locked, Stocked and two smoking barrels. Directed by Guy Ritchie and much of the same cast. Pretty good movie

Alpha
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:22:25 PM
Gee thanks LW. Nice to know I'm loved around here...:p:p

Hyphenated
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:24:58 PM
*huggles Alpha*

Vinny, I saw that one first. But I only felt like mentioning one Guy Ritchie movie in a sentance. :) Love them both, of course! When Snatch came out I ran to see it in theatres, because I liked L,S,atSB so much.

^_^

Vinny Red
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:36:50 PM
Wow, somsone else who has seen L,S & 2SMB. I don't know of too many who have

We made it to see Snatch on opening night. I've now made it a point to see all of Jason Statham's movies. Outside of the Ritchie films, there's nothing really good though

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:00:56 PM
of course you're loved alpha!

Hey I've heared of the oblongs. Never watched but I've heared of it.

*goes out to rent snatch*

Miryan no Trunks
Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:12:35 PM
Oblongs, Mission Hill, Undergrads, Simpsons And PPG make up the entirety of shows I watch.

Rest of my tv time is spend on extensive anime collection and/or other movies ^_¬

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:17:09 PM
okay since everyones making lists here we go

Monday - Boston Public, Becker, Crossing Jordan

Tues - Gilmore Girls, Smallville, Frasier, Scrubs, Judging Amy

Wed - ST if Im home, Law and Order

Thurs - usually Im not home but if I am then CSI

Friday - again usually not home much but Law and Order SVU and I tape it if I miss it.

Sat - movies I guess. Not home much on saturdays these days. But in the afternoon StarGate SG1, Relic Hunter if I feel like tv slumming and whatever X-File re run is on. Outer limits.

Sunday - Pretender reruns, Invisible man, Futurama, Alias, The Practice, X-files gets taped.

I prolly forgot something. Thats the main stuff I watch on a regular basis. Im sure theres other stuff cause if Im on the pc the tv's usually on but Im not paying much attention unless its one of the above. And of course I watch Jay Leno.

Rama
Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:29:49 AM
Got some Red Dwarf fans in the hosoussssssssssse! :lol

You know I never liked Kat that much.....my least fav guy on that show....well next to the computer. =\

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:05:03 AM
YOU GET TO SEE RED DWARF EPISODES WEEKLY?!?! All I can do is wait around for the Marathon they have on PBS once every year and tape as much as I can. (Got seasons 1-6, missed 7, and have bits and pieces of 8)

Smeg Heads...

Any Mystery Science Theater Fans? If Not, I suggest you go rent the movie. The best one they had ever created in my opinion.

So Professer, you say you made this Space Ship out of entirely bamboo eh? When it showed a UFO

Streetpizza
Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:38:00 AM
It's new account time for me :)

Anyways in keeping with the topic.......

Seeing as how I only pretty much get Fox and a few other channels, my tv time is purposefully limited, though some of my favorite shows are:

FOOTBALL!!!!! - though in the off season I like to snuggle up on the couch and watch Nascar.

Titus
Greg the Bunny
Malcolm in the Middle
Family Guy
Simpsons
Futurama
Farscape - when I decide to go down to the gym and watch the cable they have set up
Andromeda
SNL - the older stuff, like when Phil Hartman and Chris Farley were still alive
Mad TV
King of the Hill
Bernie Mac
Just Shoot Me
Red Dwarf - I have a friend a coupla doors down who has all the episodes
Exo Squad - though I only have the first 9 video cassettes
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
SeaLab 2021
Cowboy Bebop
Escaflowne

---- there's more, I just can't remember them. And as for movies, I'm a total sucker for cheesy scifi. Did anyone see Space Truckers? Or how about Spaced Invaders?

Oh, and the MST3K movie is probably the funniest MST3K I've seen.

Oh, and Snatch is awesome. One of my favorite movies.

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:52:01 AM
Old School SNL rules. :)

"I am El Nino! Which, when translated, means: The Nino!"

Rama
Apr 23rd, 2002, 03:24:24 AM
Any Mystery Science Theater Fans? If Not, I suggest you go rent the movie. The best one they had ever created in my opinion.

Oh hell yeah......and now it's gone. ;__;

But maybe it was time........after the lost of Dr Foster AND Tv's Frank it just was never the same.

What really burns my butt is that Comdy Central has a huge archive of MST3K that they can't show.....and Sci-Fi Channel won't. That is a crime.

Rama
Apr 23rd, 2002, 03:26:34 AM
here is another thing......I have seen lots of people list Cowboy Bebop. I want to know what is so great about BeBop. I've watched it. And it is a lot better then DBZ, I just don't think it's as great as it's hyped up to be.

Helenias Evenstar
Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:49:24 AM
I dont have a TV.

Marcus wont let us have one :cries

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:00:46 AM
saw LS&SB before Santch myself as well since ppl told me to....well I watch TV a lot really, Moday Simpsons(which is every weekday), Angel....Tues Buffy....Wed usually working....Thurs Adult Swim since I'm usually online when it comes on Sat, Fri nothing since I'm either working, online or watching new movies...Sat, online then watching taped Adult swim....Sunday watching whatever I can find and or new movies again......

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:21:16 AM
You know I never liked Kat that much.....my least fav guy on that show....well next to the computer. =\

Rimmer is my least favourite character :p Lister and Cachanski (I have no clue how you spell her name right) tied second .. Holly isn't too bad.

:lol

Hey Rama, have you seen the later series' with the luck and sex appeal virus? :D

Live Wire
Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:38:16 AM
luck and sex appeal virus???

Why haven't I ever watched this show? What am I missing?

Inabrin Tain
Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:09:38 PM
The only cure for the sex appeal virus:

Sedation and subsequent hitting of groin with a large hammer....lmao.

and

Lock stock and Snatch Woo Hoo!! Go Guy Richie, yet another good British export.;)

also

I dont know if I should feel happy or sad that I havent got enough favourite TV programs to list em.

but dont forget!

If death comes for you...kick him in the nuts and run in the other direction.

Rama
Apr 24th, 2002, 01:42:05 AM
Originally posted by Vega Van Derveld

Rimmer is my least favourite character :p Lister and Cachanski (I have no clue how you spell her name right) tied second .. Holly isn't too bad.

:lol

Hey Rama, have you seen the later series' with the luck and sex appeal virus? :D

Sure havn't.......I just got into recently. I've only seen a handfull of episodes, but of what I have seen I liked it enough to put it on my weekly watch list.

and Lister is my fav.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 24th, 2002, 01:45:37 AM
Lister is cool, but he's my second favorite. The skutters are my favorite.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 25th, 2002, 01:04:27 AM
What really burns my butt is that Comdy Central has a huge archive of MST3K that they can't show.....and Sci-Fi Channel won't. That is a crime.

Sci-fi shows the ones with mike every saturday morning at 9.
I would like to watch some original ones with Joel... maybe buy them or such.

My fav. Red Dwarf was that newest series with the T-Rex running around the hold.

"What do you expect happens after a Dinosour has eaten 20 tons of Ice Cream, and then drank 500 gallons of prune juice?"

(Correct me if I wrong in the "quote" I havnt seen that episode in a long time. My brother taped over my Red Dwarf tapes.)

Cowboy Bebop is awesome, he aint a "saint" like other shows. Sure, some are boring, but the majority is sweeeeeet. Fav Cowboy Bebop episode is the one where they discover Ed. Fav episode for the musical aspect, Ballad of the Fallen Angel.

Streetpizza
Apr 25th, 2002, 01:25:51 AM
I loved the music in Cowboy Bebop so much, I bought all three soundtracks. I love them all.

I can't decide what my favorite episode is, there's so many that I really like; like Mushroom Samba, Jamming with Edward, and the one with Cowboy Andy(that one was hilarious, and if you twisted my arm enough, I'm gonna have to say that one is my fave). I'm not to keen on the dubbed, though. I'm pretty much a subbed gal, though there are a few anime I like with the english translation, like Akira, Spriggan (freakin' AWESOME movie), Princess Mononoke, and a few others.

And my little sister is the living embodiment of Ed. I kid you not.

Rama
Apr 25th, 2002, 01:35:15 AM
Originally posted by Dark Lord Dyzm

Sci-fi shows the ones with mike every saturday morning at 9.
I would like to watch some original ones with Joel... maybe buy them or such.

They show ones MADE for the Sci-Fi Channel. There are no mike episodes from CC on there and not a single Joel one. See Sci-Fi channel made them only make fun of Sci-Fi and Horror movies. They couldn't make fun of ANY bad movie anymore. Which is a shame cause CC one had some classics like Mitchell on there that weren't . ANd Sci-Fi also didn't want the old episodes either.....that along with the fact that they gave it a horrible time slot was what killed MST3K. You can get some older CC episodes on Video, but it's just a handful. No were near a complete season, let alone a complete collection,

Im hopeing that somesome will release MST3K properly........I'd love to see the old Cable Access show that came before the CC version. My hope is to someday get MST#K released on DVD in complete seasons. Course that'll be a lot of DVD.......that thing ran forever.