PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Jensaarai

Greyy Trespe
Apr 19th, 2002, 12:48:49 PM
Seeing if there are any Jensaarai to RP with a member of the Teras Kasi order. I thought that we could do a good RP becuase the Teras Kasi do not trust any light siders and the Jensaarai generally do not like any of the other sects any way.

Charley
Apr 19th, 2002, 01:21:21 PM
What in the Sam Hell are you talking about O_o

Jasseeri Arreearruu
Apr 19th, 2002, 01:41:42 PM
Bjy the gawdsss, jI rrrealljy hate jit when people mjissspell mjy name, let alone mjisssprrronounce jit!!

Motions to her guards.

Take hjim awajy. He hasss jinsssulted me.

;) :lol

Helpful for anyone wanting to know what in the hell a Jensaarai (http://www.angelfire.com/games3/SWRPG/Jensaarai.html) is. :)

Live Wire
Apr 19th, 2002, 02:43:30 PM
oh thats what that is......

*waves hand*

we're not the jedi you're looking for

Irman Nogar
Apr 19th, 2002, 05:14:45 PM
Those would be the Jedi from The book "I Jedi" With the cortosis armor.

Sanis Prent
Apr 19th, 2002, 07:17:17 PM
This is worse than Gue's shadow jedi :x

Kiattaarra Feessaarro
Apr 19th, 2002, 11:51:21 PM
There were also cortosis-armor-wearing-saber-wielding-things in JKII (at least that's the impression I got).

Sanis Prent
Apr 20th, 2002, 02:18:51 AM
Its not the cortosis I balk at. Its the LAME-ASS "Jedi-using-darkside" BS that people keep trying to inject into crap.

LAME LAME LAME

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 20th, 2002, 02:31:39 AM
Yeah but this is canon

:)

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 20th, 2002, 03:22:39 AM
The only "Canon" I will even consider as being 100% is the Movies. If it is in a movie, then I have to accept it as we all do.

I'll only use certain things from the books if they make some logical sense and tie in well with the movies. I do not think of any book or comic as being even close to canon except for Zahn's work and I even I dont think of that as canon. And lets not even begin to discuss the board roleplaying games, they are so absurd sometimes I could throw up. And the comics.... blech.

While I see that some leeway is granted (and some things I see as totaly absurd here as well, but whatever, one or two things I do are well off track as well), one thing that I do not even consider up for discussion is the concept that a Jedi of any tyoe can use the Dark Side ever. Those that do are Dark Jedi, full stop. There may be sects and whatever, but if you use Dark Side powers and use the Force out of anger and rage, you are Dark Sider. Not a Shadow Fence sitter as that idiot Gue tried to propose.

In the Force, there is no taking bits of one or the other and half measures. Your on one side or the other. You could be wavering between either side and under temptation, but you will never be there for long.

Jedi do not use The Dark Side and and I dont give a rats who says it - except for George himself. If it makes Ep II or III, then I will accept it can happen. No way before that.

Now I will add the sect called Jeensarri is not a issue. From wihat I understand the Jeensarri are not as strong as Jedi because they are not committed properly and cant reach the levels a Jedi can. That is the nature of fence sitting - you learn neither side well. Calling themselves Light siders, I draw the line at. Anyone who uses the Dark Side is a Dark sider, EOF

Live Wire
Apr 20th, 2002, 02:19:23 PM
The only cannon is the movies and I even have issues with that. I have a probelm accepting that midiclorian bs and the fact that anakin had no father. There are things in the books I'd accept as cannon way before that. But I agree there is no fence sitting no matter who writes what.

Sanis Prent
Apr 20th, 2002, 02:38:32 PM
I have no problem with those aspects at all.

General Tohmahawk
Apr 20th, 2002, 04:31:33 PM
Ewwww.... Midichoridians..... I just pray they disappear. That is truly awful, but it's in the movie. :cries what can you do?

I HATE THAT!

Cirrsseeto Quez
Apr 20th, 2002, 05:10:37 PM
I've never had a problem with midichlorians...cause its simply a way to root the mystical energy field in a natural medium, and to quantify potential, not actual power.

If it ever gets to the point where sith 1 says "Aha Jedi, you have 2000 midichlorians, and I have 2001!" then I will be upset. But as far as setting potential, its fine with me.

And I've always liked the idea of the immaculate conception of Anakin. It works wonderfully into the mythological makeup of the tale.

Live Wire
Apr 20th, 2002, 10:18:10 PM
well the midiclorians contradict what yoda told Luke. At least in my mind. He told him the force was created by all living things. So next you're gonna tell me trees have midiclorians? The weeds cluttering up queen amidala's garden have midiclorians???

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 20th, 2002, 10:23:34 PM
yes.

All living things, in all the universe. Having midichlorians != having the Force. It quantifies potential, not actual ability.

Live Wire
Apr 20th, 2002, 10:31:30 PM
I know that! But I have a problem with midiclorians being in everything even weeds. It just doesnt sit right with me.

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 21st, 2002, 01:00:54 AM
but you're okay with the Force originally existing in the same weed? Thats just picky.

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 03:25:57 PM
no Im okay with the idea that living things create an invisible energy force. The idea that life creates the force is one thing...the idea that midiclorians create the force I have a problem with. It just went from fantasy to BS in under 2.5 seconds.

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 21st, 2002, 03:51:49 PM
without midichlorians, life cannot exist. The symbiotic relationship creates the force. Thus, life CREATES the force.

Picky picky picky

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 21st, 2002, 07:04:25 PM
Without Midichloridians.... The Force would still be mystical as it should be, instead of techno science BS as it is presented in TPM.

Agree with LW I do. Midichloridians are Star Trek BS.

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 21st, 2002, 07:16:21 PM
So its a partial scientific explanation to the force...big freakin deal.

As I stated before, it isn't the end-all and be-all, and the mysticism of how you communicate with the Force and bring it to your control is still very-much there.

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 08:41:43 PM
Hey I like star trek!! But Im not one for universe crossing.

they tried to biologicalize the force! By equating midiclorian count with force ability/potential they made it all about midiclorians.

Sanis Prent
Apr 21st, 2002, 08:45:13 PM
blunt mode = on

POTENTIAL != ABILITY

FORCE = LIFE = MIDICHLORIANS

NUMBER OF MIDICHLORIAN LINES OF DIALOGUE EVER = 2

YOU = NUMBSKULL

blunt mode = off

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 08:48:40 PM
I still hold to my opinion that it was a load of crap. When they tested anakins midclorian count and said it was higher then master yoda's and such they made it about the midiclorians. Anyway thats just how I feel. It was lame writing and lucas should have stuck to his original explination.

Sanis Prent
Apr 21st, 2002, 08:57:39 PM
He did. He simply expanded on the explanation :)

Thanks, come again :)

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 21st, 2002, 08:59:00 PM
BLUNT MODE = ON

MIDICHLORIDIANS = UNSUFFERABLE POS STAR TREK PSEUDOSCIENCE

I really dont give a flying whatever for any type of attempted justifiycation. Midichloridians are an abuse on our intelligence and downgrading of the mystical aspects that were so well done in ESB. Dumb, stupid, pathetic, moronic and an insult

Sanis Prent
Apr 21st, 2002, 09:00:55 PM
Oh? They're in star trek? How neat.

I'd like to see that episode :)

Mountains out of molehills, yus.

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 09:09:02 PM
hey enough star trek bashing!

but I agree the psuedoscience doesnt have a place in star wars. THe movie made it sound like midiclorians create the force and let you access it.

Sanis Prent
Apr 21st, 2002, 09:25:30 PM
No I think we're onto a good thing here...

...STAR TREK BASHING >D

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 10:36:54 PM
Hey thats cold! I like star trek....hated voyager. It will never get better then next generation. *sighs* Theres nothing wrong with star trek. Its just a different kind of sci fi.

Sanis Prent
Apr 21st, 2002, 10:43:50 PM
One of my favorite episodes raised so many questions. The one with Geordi and Ensign Ro getting phased by the Romulan experiemental cloaking device. They could move through objects, walls, and people...but WHY NOT FLOORS.

Also...what were they breathing?

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 10:45:53 PM
lol I wondered about that one too. They prolly could move through floors but just didnt show it. I dunno. I dont try to explain it I just accept it. :p

Darth Viscera
Apr 21st, 2002, 10:46:12 PM
Truth. TNG ruled.

Sanis Prent
Apr 21st, 2002, 10:51:52 PM
Or how they beamed La Forge and Scotty out of the Jenolan when the Enterprise escaped from the Dyson Sphere...even though the Jenolan's shields were fully on.

Darth Viscera
Apr 21st, 2002, 10:55:02 PM
But then again, wasn't the Jenolan:
1. more than 75 years old?
2. A Federation starship, with appropriate shield codes (ala Star Trek II:The Wrath of Khan)?

plus, the two engineers likely had access to the shield frequency, ala Star Trek VII: Generations.

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 10:57:33 PM
I forgot about that. But DV's answer makes sense.

Darth Viscera
Apr 21st, 2002, 10:59:56 PM
Thankies, m'lady. I do quite endeavor to sensify rightfully.

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 11:03:02 PM
Back when I watched it faitfully I could explain stuff better then the writiers but that was quite a few years ago. Ahhhh memories. I do plan on getting the season 1 dvd set though and attempt to reclaim my childhood

Darth Viscera
Apr 21st, 2002, 11:09:05 PM
My dad used to make me watch it every Sunday at 11am, and one of my earliest nightmarish memories is of some sort of giant space hampster speaking to Jean-Luc Picard through a window in his ready room. I had no idea what they were saying.

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 11:33:06 PM
space hamster???? I ave no memory of that.

Its sad I remember where I was when tng first premiered. I was on vacation in san diego and my parents didnt want me staying up late to watch it. *sniff* I watched anyway. *hee hee* I was hooked ever since then.

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 21st, 2002, 11:35:39 PM
It's shields had failed.

BTW... I get 8 hours of Star Trek here. Everyday. Ten on fridays. :)

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2002, 11:45:21 PM
Im so jealous! I miss good sci fi. Im so desperate I occasionally watch Enterprise

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 21st, 2002, 11:58:38 PM
Enterprise isn't too bad.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:09:29 AM
The Jenolan would have blown up if its shields had failed.

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:13:15 AM
And it promptly did. It's shields failed. The spheres walls crushed it and it blew up. O'Brien was just fleet of finger.

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:16:53 AM
actually the enterprise blew up the jenolan with torpedos so that the enterprise could escape without running into it since it was blocking the exit

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:18:05 AM
I don't know about that......

I watched it two days ago, and I don't remember torpedoes entering the equation.

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:19:26 AM
I remember torpedoes.....lol its been awhile but thats how I remember it.

Darth Viscera
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:19:52 AM
I do. Wasn't the Jenolan holding the door open, so to speak?

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:20:06 AM
You could be right. These concussions make my memory as reliable as that of the goldfish.

EDIT ~ Yeah, they were holding the door open. It's the torpedoes I wonder about.

And a note of interest... the Enterprise is 3 times as large as the Jenolan.

Darth Viscera
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:24:29 AM
Only 3 times?

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:29:03 AM
well I tried looking it up in my companion but I have the older version so it doesnt go that far. I shall continue to look. But I really do remember torpedoes.

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:35:01 AM
Probably more. The Jenolan was *maybe* 400 meters, and Enterprise is well over a K, and sont gimmer that sideways BS, because it would have closed the gap mighty fast.

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:42:16 AM
Yay Im not trippy! I found a site with the episode synopsis. Heres the relevant part.

"As the Enterprise heads for the portal, however, the Jenolan's engines fail to the point that Geordi and Scotty can't move the ship. Picard, understanding this, beams them off the ship just as they're within transporter range, then fires on the Jenolan, destroying it. The Enterprise banks, and exits through the portal just as it closes. "

and heres a link

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/st-tng/episodes/230.html

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:44:11 AM
You have proven my err.

Although I admitted I could be wrong I now say I made no err.

*hypnotizes the point across*

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:47:16 AM
I dont hypnotize.

I wanted to look it up for myself to make sure years of not watching st faithfully havent messed me up. Glad my memories reliable. Of course ever st episode is pretty much burned into my permanent memory. If I ever get old and senile I may not remember my family but I will remember the enterprise blew up the jenolan. :-D

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:49:27 AM
I'm more of a DS9 man. More into war, which the majorityof the (good) DS9s were about. Anything with the Borg is class too. And the Original, but only the movies. Because the movies are classer than the new movies.

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:53:08 AM
I like ds9 but the war went on toooo damn long! The feds should have won that war many times over. It got unbelieveable after awhile.

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:54:07 AM
The Jenolan was a freakin runabout.

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:54:48 AM
it was a cargo frieghter right?

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:56:48 AM
nein...runabout.

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:57:53 AM
I thought it was a cargo ship...or some kind of frieghter. Cause he was just a passenger.

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:01:42 AM
It's way bigger than a runabout. Small freighter seems right,

http://www.startrek.com/library/ships.asp?ID=70415

The offical database reveals nothing.

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:12:46 AM
Am I the only one who watched it on Friday and remembers?

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:14:12 AM
you saw it friday??? Im so jealous

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:16:05 AM
It's bigger than a runabout. It has a brige suited for five. A runabout is made for 2-3 max. And the Jenolan had an aft a cargo bay tranporters engineering bar etc... so no way it was a runabout,

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:29:36 AM
I remember the term RUNABOUT being used.

Now who's to say there aren't larger versions of runabouts?

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:31:24 AM
I thought runabout was a ds9 term? I dont remember it being used in TNG but I might be wrong. Cause I remember when they started calling shuttles runabouts.....oh well I may be confused. But I thought for sure it was a frieghter.

Darth Viscera
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:09:15 AM
A runabout is a large shuttle. They started using it 5th season of TNG, ~the time when DS9 went on the air.

There are various classes of runabouts. The classes of runabout which DS9 and TNG refer to were brought into being at around 2368-2369. For example, Lt. Kim invented a Yosemite-class runabout in his trippy alternate universe thing.

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:30:42 AM
Bah. Down with Voyager and it's continuity disruptions :x

Darth Viscera
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:39:27 AM
Oh boy, here comes the niner, probably about to fitch a pit. *plugs his ears* dominion wars? yep, them was good wars. :p

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:42:46 AM
Voyager was okay except

THEY SCREWED UP EVERY SINGLE CONCEPT THE PREVIOUS STAR TREKS HAD INTRODUCED INCLUDING TRANSWARP WARP TIME TRAVEL SUBSPACE HOLOGRAMS ETC ETC ETC ETC

And DS9 had baseball in it. And that plauer Doctor.

And they watered down the borg. BOOOOOOOOOO!

Darth Viscera
Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:30:29 AM
Not to mention that DS9 actually took place in the Alpha Quadrant. Jem'Hadar warships vs. "There's coffee in that nebula!"

And they sure did water down the borg. 40 ships and 11,000 people die at Wolf 359 due to one cube, which prompts Janeway to start charging every sphere, interceptor, assimilator and cube she comes across.

And whatever happened to the infinite shape that Data developed in "I, Borg" that would leave the borg stumped forever? Starfleet Command knew about that shape, as seen in Descent, Part I when that Admiral cussed Jean-Luc out about not destroying the Borg then and there. Janeway worked at Starfleet at the time, so why didn't they just use the infinite shape to get rid of the Borg threat once and for all? Horrible, no continuity.

Judicator Kal Shora
Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:15:26 AM
The infinite shape was not the only part of the virus. Just the first command, and one thing that bugs me... if the shape can't exist............ how the hell did they make it?

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2002, 10:10:37 AM
Voyager sucked! Plain and simple. It had potentail to be decent but behind the scenes fights killed the show. THere were power trips and people sleeping with each other and the show suffered. They bastardized the borg! They turned the best character B'Elanna into a wuss. The only one remotely cool was The doc or Tuvok! but then Im biased on the whole vulcan thing.

DS9 was okay until the entire show became about the war. They screwed over Dax who was this great well rounded character and turned her into a psuedo klingon. Im sorry but what happened to her other 50 lifetimes??? It all became abtou curzon and his love for klingons! Not to mention they killed her in a horrible way! Im sorry but once TNG died the entire trek franchise went to hell!

Now whats up with enterprise. WHile its a decent series they're screwing over the entire trek timeline!!!! If it was a standalone show it would be okay. (though I have issues with the vulcan chick) But as a trek series it sucks! Im sorry but there were no ferengi back then, and klingons didnt look like that! Hell they didnt know who klingons were???? Whats next? The dominion???

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:27:51 PM
Well, what irks me is that there is no Battle of Charon, with the Earth Fleets and Romulan Star Empire lobbing nuclear warheads at each other. That would have been cool.

Darth Viscera
Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:56:14 PM
Fool! That's not supposed to happen until 2161! Not 2151! 10 years to go.

Darth Viscera
Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:57:04 PM
Besides, they're building up to it. Why do you think it's the Romulans who are controlling the genetically altered Suliban? They want to have won that war.

Lord Gue
May 29th, 2002, 02:07:15 AM
BTW to Sanis's comment, all the other RP galaxy's accepted my shadow jedi, im actually a trend setter :D

Anbira Hicchoru
May 29th, 2002, 09:38:31 AM
Then I think it says something of our standards that we don't accept it.

Darth Viscera
May 29th, 2002, 09:40:46 AM
@Charley
Hear Hear

@Gue
Could you stop continuing old arguments?

Lord Gue
May 29th, 2002, 11:04:25 AM
Not I, I think it just shows a want or need of desire to stay on the straight and narrow of well known and easily verafiable star wars "stuff". Now thats not bad, but eh, now I have somewhere else to pull my shadow jedi crap so I aint complainin.
BTW, Voyager rocked, yall are crazy, I just dont like how they watered down the borg. and Very good point on the battle of wolf Visc. How about the fact spices 8472 could blast a hole through a brog ship in one shot, but voyager takes it very much so as a glancing blow...

Darth Viscera
May 29th, 2002, 11:28:35 AM
Voyager was crazy. Every member of the cast was sleeping with a screenwriter, trying to get more power. I don't envy whoever it was who had to sleep with Rick Berman. Example from ten years ago (he looks a lot worse and older in closeups):