PDA

View Full Version : Finding the steps back home.

Saharia
Apr 19th, 2002, 01:18:32 AM
OOC: this is Saharias past story, if it interests anyone. It is basically for me to sort things out and get things clearer. It will run more like a story than a roleplay.

IC:

::Saharia's wings stretched in an agitated way. Something was wrong, something was bothering her. A feeling, one that had dissapeared long ago and only came back when there was something wrong. Her fiancee Matios looked at her through black eyes with no outlining colour in concern, his own wings wrustling in the wing slightly. They stood at the canyon of their land, below it was a great river that streamed down the mountains of Ais Barath, the central city of the Ambrelian race. Her own brown eyes looked about, as if looking for something and they did not rest for a full twenty minutes, all the time Matios watching::

If there's something wrong, tell me! You've been like this all day. The last time you were like this...

::He did not finish his sentence, for they both knew of what he spoke. The last time she'd felt like this the war of Paraton had broken out. Two human planets had basically destroyed each other in the struggle for total power. It had only left one more human planet intact and that planet now took it's existance very seriously::

I feel something. I know your the only one to believe me, but there is great danger coming. I do not know how. It is not sorcery powers for we both know I am incapable of that and a magicians powers does not work without an object of power.
It is some unknown force that has allowed me to see things before they happen and have a clue of what it is. It is not understood yet what it is but I know somethings coming.
But this time I cannot feel or invisage what it might be....

::Her realm was far smaller than her mothers had been, realm otherwise known as universe, and it had five main races as many of the races had driven themselves extinct. The humans, Ambrellians, Wookies, Dragonlords and the unknown peoples. The unknown peoples had never named their races title in front of anyone, nor contacted outside help much.
She wished she knew more of the realm her mother had came from, apparently it had been much larger, full of many more races and it had blue/green waters. Far different from this worlds crimson water. Closing her eyes she sensed with her instinct for some kind of image but years of ignoring what was there took it toll. Her magician powers did not help much either.::

I am sorry Matios, I cannot tell any more of this danger.

::Matios studied her carefully and nodded his head, brown hair falling down the side of his shoulder::

Very well Saharia, I suggest we get back to camp and travel back to Ais Barath in the morning. I trust your instinct as surely as I trust my own. Make your sword ready just in case.

::Matios nodded softly, and took up his own sword, his wings becoming full as he launched into the air. Saharia's own wings of feathers, red instead of white, the mark of a half-breed, stretched after his and followed him towards the caves below::

Saharia
Apr 24th, 2002, 01:12:55 AM
::The cave was dark, save for the red glimmer on the walls coming from the fire. Saharia stepped into the dimness and protecting the cave offered, it had started to rain outside. Matios and three others came in as soon as she sat beside the fire. Lukis, Sharad and Nerril. All three from the warrior clan. Matios also wore his warrior clan symbol proudly on his back. Cut deeply into his back at the age of fourteen.
Saharia half smiled at them from the fire and Matios returned the smile, glad to see her back to normal, at least for now. Though some kind of emotion still rang in her eyes, she returned to look at the fires ashes and coal the wood had been turned into. The coal glowed white and a fluro red, and a sudden vision flooded her mind. People screaming, homes burning, wings being cut off in amidst horrific sounds coming from the people she had come to call her own in the past three years. Before that she had lived with Matron, with Marion. Marion!::

Matias! It’s got something to do with Marion, I can sense it.

::She received a thoughtful frown from Matias. Always calm and never one to panic. No wonder he was the clan leader of the FireHawks::

If you are right, then there will be trouble. Anything with your sister has trouble stamped on it. Though I do not think she would be attacking anytime soon, not after your last visit with Matron and herself.

:;Saharia turned at him and looked straight into his eyes, completely calm::

I am not lying, I know what I saw. If anything becomes of Matron I am doomed, she has my mothers memories. I want them! And Marion knows that. She also knows how much the Ambrelians mean to me. She will do anything to destroy all I have, as I would her.

::Marion, the one she wished had died years ago when she had attempted to drown her. Marion who had always plotted behind her back, who Matron had taught each to hate their sister. Marion, the one she feared, hated, yet would gladly walk in front of and demand a battle to the death. Her weakness, her enemy. Marion the Sorceress who she had not a hope of defeating with magic.
Matias sensed something going on in her mind and put his arms around her shoulders::

I believe you, but you cannot eb totally sure of what you do not have a name for.
We can defeat her, with all the armies of the Ambrellian. The war between the Ambrellian and dragonlords for this planet has gone on for years, yet now we have people to lead us through their own hatred and honour.

::Saharia laughed, honour? Honour was dying on a battlefield, fighting for what you believed in, and no matter how she hated Marion she would not deny her ‘sister’ that. Marion would die on a battlefield and a battlefield only. She averted her eyes to the flames again and rested her head on his shoulder, feeling the warmth and the safety in his feathered white wings that wrapped around her. They would sleep for four hours before daylight came and journey to Ais Barath. That was if the council of defense listened to them.
Daylight did come, and with it a sense of darker forboding coming from some force. Force was a good word to describe it but she pushed it away mentally, whatever name it was given elsewhere. Right now was a time for logic and creating the gate to get to Ais Barath. She gathered her book and cloak, wrapping it around her as her wings became invisible and the cloak suddenly looked to be wrapped around that of a human. That was a gift she did not know where it had come from. Matias had just woken up, his eyes alert, his hands at his sword. Narril and the other two had woken up twenty minutes earlier and were watching the perimeters of their surroundings with ease, yet a careful eye. Narril looked at them and grimaced::

We must go, the council is calling. Can you hear the bells?

::The bells of calling were ringing. Those bells could be hard many lands off, magic must be on them to have such sound, and depending on the ringing it sent a different message. Matias echoed the grimace and nodded::

Yes, call the other camps and scouts and get them back. I need to search the perimeters. Saharia will make her own way there::

::Nerril looked as if he was about to argue but Saharia silenced him with a long stare::

I am capable of defending myself Nerril, do not mistake that.

::Narril nodded in acceptance and turned again to his fellow warriors, ordering them to go of to the other camps. Nerril himself flew outside to search for the scouts and take them back to the city of Wings. Matias watched them go while Saharia battled thoughts in her own head. Matias turned his own head and kissed her softly, for a long time before speaking::

I am away now. I will see you soon. Remember Saharia, Taha Shki Mihayl.
Never give up and never give in. Win or die trying.

::Saharia smiled and squeezed his hand. His black eyes glimmered in the light in the way that almost made him look like he was laughing at the irony of the world. Her brown eyes with large pupils shined back in a way that told him to be careful::
Taha Shki Mihayl. Come back with honour and with life.

::He nodded and left abruptly as was his style, lifting into the air without a second thought to whatever he had to attend to. Saharia was left in the cave and after the fire had been extinguished and covered with dirt she herself flew into the sky behind the grey tree of Kohan. Where the Ambrellian guardian had died and entered second life in watchfulness. She took out her book and murmured barely audible words, eyes concentrating on a piece of air that expanded into a hole. Funny it seemed, not even the dangerous creatures came out to play with fresh Ambrellian meat. Something must definantly be wrong.
She stepped through the hole and onto Ais barath soil, looking around at the crowded streets and playing children. Though around here children here didn’t play out of joyfulness. You could as well have called it a practise of wooden swords. You could call hide and seek practise for hiding and keeping safe in later years. You could call My grannies knickers practise for keeping a straight face when you felt terror or extreme humour in your heart. Tishka Mahishako, Tishkiha aki figha (life is a struggle, living is a fight).
Her eyes moved toward the dark building near the far east, and she was aware of the bad parts in this town where people of any sex, and any place in society could dissapear.
She sighed, feeling that forboding feeling in her heart again. The vision of this city burning in her mind as she walked towards the council of Defence building::

Saharia
May 1st, 2002, 02:21:40 AM
::She looked around the streets, it had been a long time since she had set foot here. This was two years ago when she had run from the woman who was her gaurdian and the one she called sister. The one who presented such danger. How would they react if she told the council the sister would betray her own people and use it as a tool to destroy the Ambrellian race.
They would not believe her, only the warrior clan believed her, or more suitably, the warrior clans leaders who held the power.

A small boy bumped into her and she lookd into his eyes, this boy would die. There was no such thing as peace, and no way of making people be peaceful in the heart. The hidden nature inside everyone had a ruthless side to it that could not be compressed unless they were incredibly unlucky or incredibly blind.

She watched the boy go as he looked into her eyes and ran, as if afraid of something. She emerely shrugged and opened the door of the council. The fools that thought they ran anything but had no idea of the real world. Somebody should have gotten rid of them a long time ago but they did bring false hope to some of the fools who believed in ultimate peace.

Her footsteps echoed in the long dark hall, light coming through from the large six foot windows on the walls. She spotted a guard on the left and knew he knew her because he gave her a look that installed fear and annoyance. She had once been a part of thia place but had challenged the people far too much. The council, and the order of magicians.
She gave him a cold smile, and laughed inside as he looked away. A new guard whow as not yet experienced with dealing with the magicians and the trouble makers. She would have stopped and had fun but for now she had something to do.

Saharias had touched the knob to the council room and she felt the unease inside as they felt a distinct familiar power through the magician connection::

Hello again my fellow magicians

Saharia
May 8th, 2002, 01:22:57 AM
::They all turned to her as she walked in, confident and defiant as she had always been with the council master. She had always been the one to question him, defy his commands, practising forbidden spells that could have helped them if she had learnt them. She would have used them properly. In the fact of things, Saharia had never had any real respect for him at all. He had always been too rash, never thought about things enough. Sacrificed other peoples lives, who were far more skilled and resourceful, to save his own. He murdered his own brother to get there. She eyed him carefully, a small sly smile coming onto her face as she read his eyes. So....he was not happy to see her::

It is a pleasure to see you again. It has been too long master Komrad. I have news and no, not news that will endanger your very important life, but the life of everyone

::She smiled then sent another message to only Master Komrad::

And no-one can act as your decoy this time, for my sister comes, unless you have something to do with it

::Master Komrad's face grew angry at the insult and he threw an imaginary ball of fury at the ground as he turned to face her::

And what makes you say that? Another image from your brain by some unknown force? may as well call it 'The Force' for it produces only lies.

::Saharia turned around and looked at him with an angry look, but controlled. Her smile twitched in a sardonic smile and she laughed coldly::

Lies? Lies that saved your sorry life. You do nothing here, have not solved any of the people problems, only made living conditions worse. Lost half the land to the barbarian wings, the rebel group who long was held back by the last Master of the Council. People are starved and you do nothing.
I never pretended to love your ways, to be sure. But now I am just disgusted. The least you can do is listen old man, and put your own pride away.

:;She got a cold stare from him, a promise and she felt that he had something do with the coming attack. His face held a smile for an instant and then flickered to a stern look::

Go on then, enlighten me.

:;Saharia smiled, walked around him and plonked him in seat, knowing she was pushing the limits and enjoying every bit of it.
He was master here and she was rubbing it in his face to see how powerful he really was. She knew she would have to become serious soon though, no more playing. She walked in the center of the room and looked at everyone::

A great warrior human clan is coming, they are planning to attack this planet and take over, it is a surprise attack held so secretly that no one knows, which means only my sister, Marion. She has attacked before and I'm sure you all remember that.
Marion will not give mercy to anyone...

::She gave the master of the Council a sharp look::

Anyone at all, even if they surrender and act as a double agent. Anyone with wings will have then cut off in the death ritual and slaughered slowly or quickly. Depending on whether your in battle or captured. Get the people ready or move them. Do something. You only have four hours left from what I felt.

::The master laughed and stood up::

From what you felt? Do you think anyone here believes you. When you were twelve you lied and caused the death of many, you objected and you pushed for somehtign that you felt important. You nearly killed us all, and now you come say trust me. We have never trusted you since then. You brought her the first time by coming here and you have brought her again if she does come. Which I'm sure she wont.

::A vicious smile lit his face as he sent a private message of his own::

Just like you were never trusted before you came here by matron

::The comment stung and she had a hard time keeping a straight face. She nodded and looked around coldly::

Why did I try? Unlike other times I am going to walk out here and let you all die a death I hope you enjoy. especially you, master of the council. I saved your life once and you have a life debt you hate me for so I release you from it and hope you die honourably. Let me do my work without your interference and you are free of your debt.

::She looked at him in the eye and hatred was passed through, his eyes agreeing angrily. She uttered the warrior words with distaste in her words::

Live free, Die Honourably.

:;She walked out and looked at the boy, smiling coldly at him before he passed. He was flunge back by some unknown force, one that she was not aware she had done anything of either. Saharia stepped out of the building and looked around. All these people are going to die. She didnt particulalry care for most, but her finacee did and these were her adoptive people and that made it all worth while.
She went on a mission to seek out strong men and women and warriors, and many others who could help some flee and some fight. She may not have nough but perhaps a lot could be evacuated before her damned sister came along::

Saharia
May 11th, 2002, 03:04:21 AM
THREE HOURS (not wasting time describing each individual case)

::Her eyes scanned the area. Most were not muscly enough and looked weak, were weak. Probably to do with the lack of food, but around 32 had been recruited. She hoped to hell they could fight. She had warned twelve elders she'd known for years who trusted her and they haleped evacuate quite a few people, but the reality was most were going to die today. It would be a grievious day, yet interesting. No matter what case you were in, something was always interesting.

She sighed, but did not let the weakness flow through. She closed her eyes and made her emotions like the steel in her belt.
A familiar figure walked up to her and she looked into the eyes of her fiancee::

Matios: You've been busy.

Sah:Yes. Too many without rhe proper strength and too many who do not believe me. LIke...

Matios: WE believe you. We must go and be ready now. Are these warriors ready to defend with us?

Sah: As ready as we can afford. Time is near. half an hour... Matios!

Matios: Yes?

Sah: Live free, die with honour.

::She recieved a curt nod, knowing the message they had sent each other. They knew there was a possibility they'd die. The exchange of words was a warriors exchange to one another just before a battle.
The time was comign soon and as he parted she called the 32 'warriors' to head off, and get their weaopns before going. An unarmed wariror was a dead warrior in most cases::

Dont do anything unwise, live by your wits and your instinct and no mercy. The nice guy finishes last. I do not need to tell youw hat happens if you dont keep yoru wits up. if you dont want to fight, you may leave now and no one will put it against you. But remember this, you will die either way of Marion wins.
Live free, die with honour.

::She then turned and lead them to the warrior clan waiting. The battle lay ahead, but she had other thigns to attend to. She kenw the others could handle it, had to handle it::

Saharia
May 19th, 2002, 12:52:32 AM
::Three hours later she stood outsie in the rain, watching the others fly off to the area the army had gathered. She had business of her own.
Spreading her wings she flew into the west, right near to where her sister and Matron lived, to where the enemy was. Her red trenchcoat came over her wings so not to be revealed and she walked down the streets of Peking. The barbarian capital. It smelt bad, and looked bad to her taste, though she had grown up in it. The supposed beauty some saw in it had never rubbed onto her, only the distasteful memories it held, even before her sister had joined the Barbarian wings, and become leader, and invited them to the city. Or in other words, invaded her own city.
Ah Marion, I can smell you from here, your here dear sister in all your dreadful presence.
The corner on the left side of the city, near the central meeting place.
A little house with a dark red roof and brown wooden walls, she could remember not any voilence there, but the fact of it being believed and ignored half her life. Both of the 'sisters' had been ignored and look what it had created, but things could not always be like that. She would have to find Matron.
Knocking on the doorm she opened up to see the surprised expression of Matron and felt a cold, almost ruthless smile appear on her face::

Well are you or are you not inviting your dear daughter in?