PDA

View Full Version : WTC Images to Remain in Some Films

Jinn Fizz
Apr 17th, 2002, 02:14:28 PM
While major sequences involving the WTC have been removed from upcoming releases such as Spiderman, background images are going to stay put. I'm glad to hear this, I think this is a very good idea (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020417/ap_en_mo/film_trade_center_3). :)

CMJ
Apr 17th, 2002, 02:18:31 PM
It's amazing how many older films I've seen recently that prominently display the WTC in the background. I never really noticed before..... I'm not even looking for the buildings...but they just scream out in alot of shots.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 17th, 2002, 05:56:53 PM
I am glad they are leaving them in most movies, it would be a shame to remove them.

Jedieb
Apr 17th, 2002, 06:11:20 PM
I thought pulling the WTC from the Spidey trailers was the proper thing to do. Going back and removing the WTC from past films is not warranted and shouldn't be done. You remove the WTC from Spidey because the film is new and the buildings are sadly no longer part of the world we live in. It shows sensitivity and respect. But removing them from older films is a mistake. An overreaction of the worst kind fueled more by reactionary PC than genuine sentiment. If you're looking at a film set in NYC before 9/11 then there SHOULD be a WTC in the background. Especially if the film was made years before the attacks. These bastards aren't going to rewrite my history and no one should give them that satisfaction.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 17th, 2002, 09:01:27 PM
According to the article the buildings are still in the movie just there are no action scenes around them. I have no problem cutting them out of the trailer but I rather keep them in the film that would be for the best.

Super Wookiee
Apr 18th, 2002, 08:29:13 AM
yeah I agree. Movies released before the attack should keep it in. But out of respect it should be removed from films that have not been released yet.