PDA

View Full Version : If you could have SW in any other setting, what would it be?

Chaos Alexander
Apr 15th, 2002, 05:22:21 PM
Ok, I read teh Gundam thing and got to thinking on this. I think Star Wars is perfect without anything else for the most part. I was just thinking about other time lines. Like Maruc said he mixes some LOTR in his. That would be a little medievil Fantasy. I was thinking something like Vampire Hunter D. It is gothic, yet futurey.

ON A SIDE NOTE: This is not saying we should try any of this, just something to talk about sence I am bored.

Alpha
Apr 15th, 2002, 05:23:54 PM
Hmm...I mix Magic the Gathering, Broken Sky, and a few other things into mine. :)

Brings some variety.

Chaos Alexander
Apr 15th, 2002, 05:30:49 PM
I could see MAgic the Gathering (see Loner's Place for the Cards people made). Most of the Sith would be Black or Red though.

Darth Vader
Apr 15th, 2002, 05:54:31 PM
I mix countless influences into my RP, but watered down to the point where they are hard to see. Maybe the biggest one I've used would be Outlaw Star, but because I think it complements the bounty hunter and scoundrel aspects of SW extremely well.

Chaos Alexander
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:00:28 PM
I have noticed that because of the Ciz. (Still may cry after finding out who played Taa. That was not cool at all.) I mix mostly Garou stuff in. Only personality stuff though. The "Love Nature" thing works well with a Jedi Char like Verse, and the Zealot of Gaia works well with Chaos Alexander. That and Drittz Do'Urden. Verse's duel saber fighting, Chaos's smart mouth. It works.

Domini Leveresk
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:10:26 PM
Star Trek.

There. I said it. Now don't lynch me.

Alpha
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:18:18 PM
I sometimes use that. No big deal. :)

Darth Vader
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:40:49 PM
Here's my influence breakdown:

Anbira Hicchoru: Maximus from Gladiator, Magneto from X-Men, Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, Vegeta from Dragonball Z, and a bit of Obi Wan Kenobi, from A New Hope.

Darth Vader: Well, Darth Vader, of course :). Also, the Dark Titan Thanos, from Adam Warlock comics and the excellent Infinity Gauntlet series. Satan, from Milton's Paradise Lost, and a mix between the Dread Pirate Roberts of the Princess Bride, and Keyser Soze, from the Usual Suspects.

Jubei SaDherat Vader: Gandhi, the Dalai Lama, Billy Jack from the self-titled movie, Li Mu Bai from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Jet Li's character from Fist of Legend, and Mr. Miyagi from the Karate Kid. Maybe throw in the song "Natural Blues" by Moby, for the proper mood.

Sanis Prent: Han Solo, Bullet-Tooth Tony from "Snatch", Max Payne, the Shylock from "Get Shorty", Gene Starwind / Ron McDougal from "Outlaw Star", Doc Holliday from "Tombstone", Johnny Depp from "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", and maybe Leonardo DiCaprio's character from "The Quick and the Dead".

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta: Dirk Diggler from Boogie Nights, Jaws from "Moonraker", Teen Wolf, Chewbacca, Jar Jar Binks, Fessik from "the Princess Bride", Buu from Dragonball Z, and Sloth from "the Goonies".

Taataani Meorrrei: Luwaxana Troi from "Star Trek: The Next Generation", Stiffler's Mom from "American Pie"

MARCUS v4.0: C-3PO, and Guillium from "Outlaw Star"

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa: General Chang from "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country", and every stereotypical british naval officer in any movie.

Sergeant Tyle: Drill Sergeant from "Full Metal Jacket", Raczjek (sp) from "Starship Troopers", Sam Elliot from "We Were Soldiers", Tom Sizemore from "Saving Private Ryan". Damon Wayans in "Major Payne"

Implement: SHODAN from System Shock 1 and 2

I'm drawing blanks here, I'll remember more later.

Shawn
Apr 15th, 2002, 10:27:52 PM
Nupraptor has a bit of Garrett (of the Thief games) in him, but not a whole lot - mostly just the cynicism. Otherwise, his diction and manner of speaking probably resembles that of Kain, from the Legacy of Kain games.

Generally, when I make a character, I do so with some sort of theme or character trait in mind, and I try to make that prevalent in their personality.

Live Wire
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:03:25 PM
Live Wire has gone through so many changes that its hard to say anymore. Of course she was inspired by Live Wire from the animated superman adventures. Thats where I got her love of the force lightning attack. (shut up charley :p) Then she started to change and honestly she became a lot like me. Well minus the superhuman powers. But what she wanted and a lot of what people call her non sithlike qualities come from myself.

One parallel that developped on accident was how her romantic life began to resemble that of Catherine in the novel wuthering heights. After reading the book and seeing the movie (thanks for the reccomendation Gav) I realized Id inadvertanly found a persona for her (minus the spoiled brat complex). Thats actually where I am now. My characters seem to develop on their own and after awhile it doesnt matter who or what I patterned them after. They take a life of their own.

Novi Paran
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:23:43 PM
The perfect setting for SW is medievel fantasy examples such as Tolkien's Middle-Earth, Stover's Overworld, and Erikson's Genabackis! The Force can have a more fantasy spin to it and be more of a sorcery with psuedo-religious significance. Throw in Assassin guilds, Mage Guilds, and Thief Guilds... and you have lost me.

Charley
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:25:47 PM
(imprisons LW within a duracell) :lol

Live Wire
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:27:17 PM
I told you to hush up! :p

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 16th, 2002, 12:53:32 AM
Note: Dont post here much, but going to try

I remember mixing Star Wars with StarCraft. Not such a bad idea, just didnt like the name. Zerg Lord Dyzm, hell, everyone thought I was Emperor Zerg from Buzz Lightyear.

Well, Dyzm: I act myself, if I had a evil side. In Real life I am a nice person, and shy. Dyzm is my alter ego. When I RP, I see me when I was in the Bussiness law class, wearing one of my suits. The girls in the class said I looked like a mafia hitman, said I just needed shades and a earring. (If I ever find a picture, I'll post it)
Thats what I see Dyzm as, a well dressed man with a cold smile.
I also like thinking of Dyzm with a bit of D'haran true blood from the Sword of Truth series. Minus the fear of Magic.

General Chang
Apr 16th, 2002, 01:02:54 AM
General Chang: Combine General Chang with Nom Anor, and a little Khan, and there ya go

Ahnk: Darth Maul, mainly

Harrigan: Any of the Enclave guys from Fallout

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 16th, 2002, 09:58:13 AM
World of Darkness mixed in for Vega.

Garrett Blade
Apr 16th, 2002, 10:52:49 AM
For my characters name, I combined the main characters name from the movie "Blade" as well as the player character in the game Thief (Garrett) and there was the name: Garrett Blade.

As for his personality - what a change!

I first started out acting a lot like Blade from the movie: big, strong menacing guy with an attitude. But this was boring and (IMHO) stereotypical of a LOT of sith in the rp community (at the time). Then, things started to change. There came a point when Garrett was killed, in an explosion (I think it was in one of Dyzm's Star Wars/StarCraft roleplays. Luckily, he was resurrected with the help of several members of TSO. But he was no longer living. he was undead. So then, I started incorporating elements of the World of Darkness, namely Vampire: Dark Ages and Vampire: The Masquerade in terms of force powers (namely necromancy and thaumaturgy). And so with this change, came my interest in the vampire clan known as the Malkavians - known for their inherent insanity.

Combining this idea with several of my favourite characters of all time, such as The Joker, The Riddler, Mrs Doubtfire, and of course Dick Solomon from 3rd Rock From The Sun (played by John Lithgow as you all should know!)

As well as this, I incorporate elements of my own personality (that's quite scary considering Garrett's personality is through and through insane!)

Alpha
Apr 16th, 2002, 07:29:05 PM
Alpha is also turning more and more into something that would be a cross between Tidus (FFX), any wise ass 14 year old, Gerrard (in Satine's responsible moments), and a few other things. I've also started incorporating StarCraft into my Dragon Fleet stuff (Firebats, MArines, Dropships, Vultures, Battlecruisers, ect).

:)

Vinny Red
Apr 16th, 2002, 09:57:12 PM
The major influences for Laran i'd have to say are well D from Vampyre hunter D (should be obvious just by the sig), and then throw in a little StarScream from Transformers and a little bit of a couple of character called Khyron and Breetai from an old anime series called Robotech. and that's about it. When I first started using Laran he was going to be Vengence coming back, who had major influences by Soundwave from Transformers ( big tough fighter, loyal to the end and doesn't say too much), but plans changed as always and now he's a loud mouthed arrogant evil bad guy person. hehe

Kitssarri is the character that is most like me in real life, in a lot of aspects anyways. Save for any of the stupid things that I do, or stupid craziness that comes out once and a while....

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 16th, 2002, 11:45:59 PM
Ah Robotech... Have you seen the images for the new Robotech Game on... I think all 3 new systems?