PDA

View Full Version : An idea for a star wars/Gundam Wing fusion universe

Irman Nogar
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:02:06 AM
The galaxy would consist of Sith and jedi charecters. So the RPing is not all that different from normal. Just this time we happen to have mobile suits. Here we can create all the new techs that we want as fusions. I am just interested to see if it works.

It is just an idea at the moment to put on Easy boards. In order to start I need rules of how to go about it. What Kind of fusions well be made to what level well the GWU be interfered with. That sort of thing.

Any one interested stop by and give some input.
http://pub15.ezboard.com/bgundamwingtalesofstarwars

-Star Gundam-
I) Basics
A) Time frame
1) SWU Between episodes 3 and 4
2) Gundam time from the begining of operation meteor
B) Story summary.
1) Maw installation scientists (Super weapon inventors)
Creat first invention a worm hole generator to take
them to other Galaxys.
2) Succeed rebels find and take over but not before
some imperials make it through.
3) Jedi rebels go after. but are cut off from SWU. So
have to make due with GWU resources to fight
Impirials.

II)Episode one SWU
A) Rebels vs. Imperials
1)Imperials send troops through wormhole
2)Rebels Attack too late. Take the Worm hole
generator.
3) Discover several mobile suits see that this galaxy is
defense less with this level of tech.
4) Follow after.

B)Through the Worm hole.
1) Rebels rescue the 01' colony from Imperial attack.
2) Find imperials have already taken 5 colonys including
Heavy arms and Death Sythe colonys.
3) IMperials cut off from SWU Rebels are as well.
4)Imperial goal. pave way for Imp. Prescence in GWU.
5) Rebels pledged to stop.
6) both sides begin modifiing Mobile suits with SWU tech.

III) Shadow wars
A) Imperials infaltrate Earth forces and R. F. forces.
B) Rebels counter with Insurgents in both.
1) Work with Peace crafts
a) Relina
C) Gundams continue with same missions mostly.
1) Innterupted at times by advanced new craft and
weapons or new types of models of mobile suits.
2) Rebels and Imperials Vie for control of the planet and
colonys.
D) some of the G-boys well be hurt maimed or killed.
1) Posibilities.
A) cyborg duo to replace lost limbs.

IV) Gundam Wars
A)Imperials control
1)white fang and Romafeller Corp.

B)Rebels control
1) Peace Crafts
2)The colonial governments. (Solar Alliance)

C) Army make ups.
1)imperial
a)Tie fighter sleds
b)Wing zero droids
c)Death sythe
d)Epion- SW tech
e)tuaras mobile doll droids
f) Libra with SWU tech
2) Rebel Alliance (Old republic rememant)
a) Tuaras's Sw tech
b)Talgeese SW Tech
c)01' SW tech
d) Sheild mobile dolls
e) Peace million SWU tech.
D)Creat army of wing Zero type droids
1)Zeks and Epion Destroy libra core goes nova
2) Have the last great war in space at the end othe
GW series.
a) Destroy the earth.

V)Go back to the SWU with the new SWU/GWU fusion techs.
A) From here I can either expand on it or change it.

Darth Vader
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:41:49 AM
:x

Shawn
Apr 15th, 2002, 02:33:24 PM
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

Miryan no Trunks
Apr 15th, 2002, 03:39:22 PM
I fail to see any purpose in mixing the two up..

You couldn't have lightsaber battles, or use the force in a Gundam, cause you'd be In the Gundam, and would be concentrating on controlling it.

Where does the Star Wars aspect fit in? Would the Gundam's get light-based weaponry? cause if I'm not mistaken, they've Always had those..

Irman Nogar
Apr 15th, 2002, 04:03:54 PM
You can use the force while piloting a fighter right. Well there is no reason that you can not use the force while piloting a gundam.

Haveing a light saber battle on the scale of a mobile suit battle. The sith being armed with Death Syth models and double bladed light weapons. Able to parry laser bolts the size of a laser canons fire.

They have light based weapons but nothing as advanced as the SWU tech. They do not have sublight tech or inertial dampeners to protect the pilot to a degree. They have energy sheilds but nothing as effective as those of the SWU. They have no Ion canons or proton based weapons.

The Gundam society is one based on a solar system type of travel. You add the ability to traverse the solar system in moments it would make for a huge change.

The star wars aspect fits in in this way. The empire is expanding into this new galaxy. Where they find this new technology. THe mobile suits. Especially the Gundams, and most importantly wing Zero. That little suit is a super weapon. Imagine how it would be if they were mass produced. Or the firing system was integrated into all empirial craft.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 15th, 2002, 04:09:16 PM
I personally think something like Exo Squad would be better suited to put together with Star Wars, but that's just me.

Oh, and I really really like Exo Squad :)

Darth Vader
Apr 15th, 2002, 04:30:01 PM
I have no problem with people using the force while operating a vehicle (Luke in ANH, Obiwan in AotC, etc)

I have no problem with them even doing so within Star Wars mecha, or their derivatives (AT-PT, AT-ST, AT-AT, AT-TE, and similar models)

But space-faring, superpowered GUNDAMS?

No no no no no no....NO

I can't say that word enough.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 15th, 2002, 04:35:35 PM
Super weapons are frowned upon here.

"OO I HAVE BIG LASER SURRENDER OR I KILL YOU!"

*Yawn*

Irman Nogar
Apr 15th, 2002, 04:46:42 PM
I do not particularly care what you do here. I am just trying to see if I can find any one interested in developing a story line such as this. Considering that I have found in my experience that most of the RP SWU's do not allow you to RP mobile suits. This gives me the best of the two worlds while allowing you to RP with the canon charecters.

That is only one interesting line that this Rping can take there are many others. The implications are to stop the tech from coming back to the SWU.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 15th, 2002, 04:55:22 PM
I do not particularly care what you do here

Baaaaaddddd choice of words there.

If you want to do something different, feel free to begin it in Storytelling and label it clearly. No one's goign to really care and maybe people will read and join in.

But trying to mix Gundam and SW in the main areas?

Eh, no way. Even if I do mix LOTR in my stuff, at least i make it sound plausible in a SW setting. In the main area, Star Wars takes precedence, EOF

Irman Nogar
Apr 15th, 2002, 05:04:16 PM
Well if it would be that way the RP would not be that much of a cross over they only traverse the space between the two. So it is plausible that they could exist in the same time frame.

And when I mean that I do not really care I mean that I am just trying to get input. I never intended to post it in the main area.

And I was not aware that I had that option actually.

Chaos Alexander
Apr 15th, 2002, 05:18:05 PM
I am a huge fan of Gundam Wing, but I think it would be a bad idea. Just my thoughts though.

Alpha
Apr 15th, 2002, 05:26:25 PM
Fraid I agree here. They just don't seem that compatible.

Exo Squad though...That might work...

Darth Vader
Apr 15th, 2002, 05:38:52 PM
Though it would be damn interesting to see a force user get ahold of the mecha suit Galak Fyyar uses in JK2.

Shielding system, microconcussion missiles, Imperial repeater rifle, superstrength manipulator arms, and a lightsaber :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:22:04 PM
One of the reasons I think Exo Squd could be played into is the fact that the show didn't buy into that whole superhuge shiny robots piloted by 12-14 years olds genre (though Evangelion is awesome, I will say that).

Also what might work well is Escaflowne; that's one of my favorite anime series, and they take so many elements and put them together really well, like the Guymelefs and their mechanical workings.

But Exo Squad, I feel that to be the best concieved idea for a "mecha" type cartoon. There were no super weapons that I can remember, and to me it pulled off the e-frames excellently; some were new, some were old and patched together, etc.

So my vote goes to Exo Squad if something like this ever happened.

Alpha
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:29:46 PM
I'm with sIl. Those mechs in Exo were just things to enhance normal soldiers. they had conventional rockets and guns, and weren't the bright shiney HUGE things in Gundam, though I like those too (ESpecially the G Savior. :))

Tiv Mako
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:40:20 PM
Im going with No on this one

Darth Vader
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:45:38 PM
I like Gundam about as much as I like the thought of a colony of australian bulldog ants being trapped in my ass and having to chew their way out.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:49:04 PM
I'm gonna go sit on my balcony and try to detox the mental imagery section of my brain now, LL. :\

Darth Vader
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:50:40 PM
Some people make origami.

I make bad mental images.

Its what I do.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:51:48 PM
And you do it well :)

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:52:40 PM
I like Gundam about as much as I like the thought of a colony of australian bulldog ants being trapped in my ass and having to chew their way out.

As someone who knows what Bull ants can do, I'll I can do is wince.

Live Wire
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:58:19 PM
and LL's overly strange demented imagery strikes again

Alpha
Apr 15th, 2002, 06:59:52 PM
>_< Didn't need that image...

Miryan no Trunks
Apr 15th, 2002, 07:11:12 PM
I dunno, I personally think that adding Robotech/Macross-Southern Cross-Mospeada would work better.. But even that would be turned down, because all it would really be doing is adding non-Star Wars robots to Star Wars.

And on That topic, I'm curious.. Did Exo-squad ever have any of the Robotech stuff in the Show? Or did they just try to use the name for their toyline? (Not that I'm complaining about having been able to get models and such that hadn't been in production since 1987)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 15th, 2002, 07:21:55 PM
As far as I know, Robotech was only introduced into the toyline to try and boost sales.

I only bought the stuff that was relevent to the show though; none of that e-frame/motorcycle transformer rip-off stuff they pulled. I have all the ones that were seen in the show except for one of the jumptroops. I even kept the boxes; they were so cool.

I miss that show.

Thankfully I have found solace in Aqua Teen Hunger Squad, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and Sealab 2021.

Shawn
Apr 15th, 2002, 10:31:11 PM
I do not particularly care what you do hereIf you plan on RPing here, you should.

General Chang
Apr 16th, 2002, 12:12:20 AM
I warned you about this guy

*smokes a cigar*

Venom
Apr 16th, 2002, 12:18:57 AM
So far he proposes some thing that others may wish to do in the Storytelling forum and no harm done

I would say that coming from you, such warnings border on hypocracy.

General Chang
Apr 16th, 2002, 12:24:31 AM
This is how it starts.... goes downhill from here

And if you don't wanna take it from me, ask Daemon Hyfe

Venom
Apr 16th, 2002, 12:35:44 AM
I believe most long term people have got much more experience with attepts at this sort of thing than most, if not all other groups. If I remember correctly TGC broke away on this very issue.

It now amuses me Ceel has now a LOTR section, whilst here has become much more fixed on Start Wars.

Live Wire
Apr 16th, 2002, 12:38:39 AM
I think what it boils down to is most people her are inspired by a lot of different things and not just star wars. But doing crossovers and trying to mix actual elements of different universes usually isnt good and causes problems.

General Chang
Apr 16th, 2002, 12:55:37 AM
The LOTR forum was a short term thing... and it was pure LOTR

And now it's gone

Irman Nogar
Apr 16th, 2002, 07:34:18 AM
Actually I have already written out much of the story and it seems to work rather well. So long as I keep it in the confines of my own little world and out side of any other RPU's then things should be fine.

The way to do it is over time so that the charecters have time to adapt to the new techs and develop the story following it. And this RP/ story well take a good deal of it. Mmm. I should post the first prequel. I had Yoda meet
Wu-fe(sp?) and end up granting him a affinity with the force.

Witch by the way can be done at least to a limited degree. Yoda did it with talon Karrades predecessor. The guy learned to use the dark side of the force and before he was not force sensitive.

imported_Firebird1
Apr 16th, 2002, 10:57:50 AM
I don't think you get it, it's a really bad idea.

Trust me mixing two completly different things is a really bad idea...