PDA

View Full Version : Be on the lookout!

Charley
Apr 12th, 2002, 11:57:08 AM
People are trying to post links to where you can find the episode 2 soundtrack or even the movie itself online. Since we'd like to keep from being blown to pieces by Lucasfilm, lets be proactive in removing such threads.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 12th, 2002, 12:59:20 PM
Was this in films or the OCC? I saw the tread about the soundtract the only thing in there was Andy telling us to go to Kazaza which I don't think is poting a link, just giving us a hint, but if I notice anybody posting direct links I will delete them.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 12th, 2002, 01:01:24 PM
There was a thread started earlier by someone new in SW Films, that was promptly deleted.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 12th, 2002, 01:11:42 PM
Okay I guess I must not been around at the time, I am glad somebody caught it :) If I spot any others I will delete them.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 12th, 2002, 01:30:45 PM
Yeah it was about bootleg copies of a pre release of the movie floating around and available for download.

JMK
Apr 12th, 2002, 01:50:02 PM
What about if someone says they have the copy of the movie/soundtrack and they tell others that if they want it, to contact them via email? Do those people get their posts deleted to, or let Lucasfilm go after them individually?

ReaperFett
Apr 12th, 2002, 02:03:48 PM
delete. Remember, we are harbouring pirates then.

JMK
Apr 12th, 2002, 06:09:21 PM
So then technically we should be deleting posts made within the Films forum where we are talking about the AotC soundtrack and Sirdizzy is asking (I forget who) to email him some of the new unreleased soundtrack?

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 12th, 2002, 07:28:04 PM
Some of those posts it was by Andy telling people to look on Kazaa and those I wouldn't worry about thats Kazaa's problem really, I am not sure about the ones with Sir Dizzy it is he that is asking.

ReaperFett
Apr 13th, 2002, 06:10:16 AM
Talking ABOUT it isnt a problem to me. Asking for it is though. But thats just my opinion :)

JMK
Apr 13th, 2002, 11:12:12 AM
Offering unreleased stuff is a problem for me too. I just posted a warning in the Films forum, but didn't delete anything. I wouldn't be surprised if Sirdizzy keeps running his mouth with things like that though. Nevertheless, he's been duly warned, and I've got an itchin to delete some posts! :shootin

;)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 13th, 2002, 11:38:21 AM
Might want to tell people that some of it is fake, I downloaded that Across the Stars on Kazaa and it is fake (it was on theforce.net a while back its from Return to Camelot or something) maybe there are a few legit ones on there I have no clue but at least one is a fake. Considering that I think I will just wait until they show it on TRL on Tuesday it is only 4 days away.

JMK
Apr 13th, 2002, 02:02:49 PM
Well, apparently we're all a bunch of prisses for issuing warnings concening the issues of the pre-released stuff. That's lovely.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 13th, 2002, 05:10:21 PM
He is a becoming a pain, maybe somebody needs to PM and talk to him about it, but don't look at me I got into it with him once there is no need again, and I am not sure if you want to do it, JMK. Maybe we need to let Reaper or CMJ handle it since they have had less dealings with him.

JMK
Apr 14th, 2002, 12:06:42 AM
I have no idea what to do about him. We can't ask him to be nice. I think we have to suck it up and keep him in line when he steps over the line. Calling us prisses is something I don't think we can do anything about. Or can we?

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 14th, 2002, 02:43:40 PM
CMJ PM him, I am hoping that helped, so CMJ have you heard back from him?

CMJ
Apr 14th, 2002, 04:29:01 PM
Yeah he said something along the lines of "Lucas has better things to do than look for things like this. Besides it was a joke."

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 14th, 2002, 04:41:41 PM
Was he rude, CMJ? I ask that because he acted rude to me, JMK and Jedieb so far (I am not sure about David never asked) not sure really what to do, I guess we could just delete the post and be done with up. What do you guys think?

CMJ
Apr 14th, 2002, 05:18:43 PM
Rude might be a little strong of a word..but he didn't seem very happy that I was sending him a message about it either.

JMK
Apr 15th, 2002, 07:32:13 AM
He intentionally rocks the boat, then acts like he's being persecuted when we call him on it. On one hand I can't stand him, but on the other, he doesn't really break rules, and occasionally has a valid post or two. But seriously, when you ask him to co-operate, i.e. not discuss unreleased material, share the long countdown etc, he gets all pissy.

Darth Vader
Apr 15th, 2002, 12:01:05 PM
its not only discussing unreleased material (which is fine), its offering to SELL unreleased material...and that is not cool.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 15th, 2002, 12:45:15 PM
did somebody else say that he uploaded something on CCnet? That poster Gasgano wasn't clear but that is what he sounded like he meant, I can't believe that Qui-Gon and Darth23 would allow that.

Charley
Apr 16th, 2002, 09:00:04 PM
Well, they realized what it was and nuked it, from what I saw.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 17th, 2002, 09:17:57 AM
Dizzy is now giving the plot away in a thread on Films (I had to force myself not to read the bottom so I have no clue what he gave away) but I told him at least you spoiler code when you do it, if somebody (who knows the plot) would want to do it for him be my guest.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Apr 17th, 2002, 10:25:18 AM
I dunno... I say just edit his post since I don't know how to do the spoiler thing myself

JMK
Apr 17th, 2002, 12:33:55 PM
I went and did that already. He said he didn't know about spoiler tags. Fair enough, but I'm sure he's seen spoiler text before, so I think he could have asked questions, but this isn't a big deal to me. It's part of our job IMO to make sure that posts are properly formatted even if users don't don't format theirs properly.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 17th, 2002, 06:06:49 PM
Who edited the title back? I ask because I edited to say big spoilers within but since you took care of it JMK I guess it doesn't matter any more. It got me mad though that he chose that title at least warn people that there are spoilers within. With Jon and Dizzy at least we are guarenteed to be busy :p

JMK
Apr 17th, 2002, 09:57:35 PM
LOL! That's what I was going to say!