PDA

View Full Version : Advance Tickets

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 11th, 2002, 09:09:57 PM
I found this on theforce.net
Just by chance found a message on the website for the Grand Lake Theater in Oakland, CA, that they will begin selling advance tickets for AOTC at their box office on MAY 3.
Here is a link to their site: http://www.renaissancerialto.com/future/grandlake.htm

This same message appears on the page for their sister theater, the Orinda, in Orinda, CA.

We have word that this may be the advance ticket date for ALL theaters. We'll let you know for sure ASAP.

Hopefully we will get an annoucement soon, when ever it is I am going the first day to get my tickets :)

CMJ
Apr 12th, 2002, 01:43:30 AM
May 3rd huh? Cool...the people at the Grauman's Chinese didn't know anything yet, but hopefully that date will be good for everywhere.

sirdizzy
Apr 12th, 2002, 08:47:16 AM
god i hate when they sell advance tickets

darth_mcbain
Apr 12th, 2002, 09:23:16 AM
Why do you hate it? I think it is a good idea, although I will admit that it can suck if you are hoping to get tickets at the theater and you find that it is already sold out because of advance sales...

Charley
Apr 12th, 2002, 10:04:10 AM
I work for Mr. Fandango!

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 12th, 2002, 10:40:41 AM
LOL
I actually like them too, I rather do that than stand in line, that to me is not fun.

darth_mcbain
Apr 12th, 2002, 11:50:22 AM
I like to stand in the ticket holders line - that's a lot of fun, the anticipation of getting to see the movie, knowing you've got your ticket, talking with fans, etc... But I don't like waiting in line to actually get your tickets - there's the big stress level of what to do if you don't get them.

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 12th, 2002, 02:40:56 PM
Plane ticket: $215.00

Hotel room: $125.00

Tickets to Star Wars, Episode 2: $7.75

Popcorn, Jr. Mints and a soda: $10.50

Seeing Episode II, Attack of the Clones with four friends without having to stand in line to buy tickets: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else there's a rich friend you can mooch off of.

:D

Cirrsseeto Quez
Apr 12th, 2002, 04:49:26 PM
:cat

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 12th, 2002, 04:53:55 PM
..I'm still trying to find a rich friend... :p

Mu Satach
Apr 12th, 2002, 05:41:06 PM
You find him don't be stingy... share the wealth sistah. :D

sirdizzy
Apr 12th, 2002, 09:54:57 PM
because adnvance ticket selling ends up being 2 lines instead of one

1 to get the tickets and other to get seats

i emailed my theatre and begged em not to sell the tickets a week early to sell them the day of epsiode 2 like they did last time

Live Wire
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:22:08 PM
ooooh gets credit card ready! Im getting tickets!!! whoohooo!!!

Sage Hazzard
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:58:08 PM
I'm waiting a while, maybe until it comes out at the dollar movies. :) So lines don't bother me, there aren't any when I go! :p

Advance tickets are good but if I were going to go opening day, I'd be peeved if they were sold out when I got up to the front. Good thing I don't have to deal with that nonsense.

Live Wire
Apr 16th, 2002, 11:22:35 AM
YOU'RE WAITING!!!!!!

*gasp*

*Faints*

Ban him! :p

Master Yoghurt
Apr 16th, 2002, 11:58:26 AM
They start selling advanced tickets 22 of april 8 am local Norwegian time. It is a charity screening showing 15 of may, and the ticket price is aproximately 20 USD. Somewhat expensive, but under the circumstances, it is worth paying the extra money for seeing it so early. It is going to be very tough to get good seats, so I will have to be there when the ticket boot opens. I can imagine A quite a fight or B a looooong queue. Normally, I dont stand in line getting tickets for any movie (not even SW), but this time I have to, because the regular official screenings are not until 22 of may (17 of may and the days after that are a national holliday in Norway), and it would truly suck waiting an entire week to see it after all you guys. The alternative would be driving across the border to Sweden seeing it a small theater, or watching a crap bootleg. No way. I want to see it in the worlds largest THX theater, Colosseum with the rest of the fans.

If all goes well, I will get my ticket and write SWFANS an exclusive early review.. :)