PDA

View Full Version : Okay, this HAS to be wrong about Jedi Outcast...

ReaperFett
Apr 10th, 2002, 05:25:46 PM
I was bored, so was checking who did the voices in JO. Found a few names you might know. Tavion, for example, did Phill and Lil in Rugrats. The man who voiced Raphael was also involved. If your British, you might know Guy Siner(The gay officer in Allo Allo) played a few Imperials)

Then I found one that cant be true. I'm sorry, but this must be some mistake. THe same name used twice or something.

Alfred from Batman.......as Rodian 2? :) (http://us.imdb.com/Name?Gough,+Michael)

It MUST be a mistake, but I just find the image of an 85 year old man doing the voice for Greedo funny :)

imported_QuiGonJ
Apr 10th, 2002, 06:12:21 PM
Not really that surprising.. he did the Jimmy Stewart impersonation that was Cain in Diablo. It's not like he got million dollar checks from the Batman movies or anything.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 10th, 2002, 06:21:07 PM
whatever put money in the bank and food on the table.

within reason, however.

ReaperFett
Apr 10th, 2002, 06:23:35 PM
But why exactly would he be Rodian 2? He couldnt even make Rodian 1! :)

imported_QuiGonJ
Apr 10th, 2002, 06:27:59 PM
that's Hollywood for ya.. one day in $100 million dollar blockbusters, then the next decade voicing lizards for rent. :D

ReaperFett
Apr 10th, 2002, 06:34:10 PM
lol :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 10th, 2002, 06:38:09 PM
hehe, too true, too true

:)

Alec Lafeyette
Apr 10th, 2002, 07:03:59 PM
speaking of JKII, for those that have it, what names do you usually go by in multiplayer? mines usually "Alec Lafeyette" or "theone512"

Nichos Marr
Apr 10th, 2002, 07:04:18 PM
But Alfred's cool :(

ReaperFett
Apr 10th, 2002, 07:06:17 PM
ALFRED is. RODIAN 2 isnt. Hes just some second rate Rodian :)

Darth Lynch
Apr 10th, 2002, 07:46:57 PM
Many actors do bit parts in games.

The actor who played Odo from Star Trek Deep Space Nine had a role in Soul Reaver II for instance.

There were several cast members from one show(The Sorpranos?) although their names elude me at this time in Grand Theft Auto III as well.

Lady Vader
Apr 10th, 2002, 07:55:33 PM
That is too cool! I also thought the guy that played Alfred was cool!

Wait... now it's gonna be harder killing Rodian 2... who am I kidding?? If he's shooting at you, shoot back! :lol

As to what names I go under, so far have used JungleCat and Lady Vader. Might end up using a variety of my other character names though. Depends on how many skins I can make, or how many skins I can sucker ppl into making for me. :D

Alec Lafeyette
Apr 10th, 2002, 09:07:38 PM
You know how to make skins? Neat. I just downloaded a bunch from jediknightii.net, though they seem to be causing it to freeze up. Now they got a flame saber mod and a cheat out to make the saber more realistic by slicing the torso and head too. >D

imported_QuiGonJ
Apr 10th, 2002, 10:37:14 PM
QuiGonJ, and just to push for it, CCnet has a server running a lot of the time, just click here (http://www.coruscantcity.net/cgi-bin/board//forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Multiplayer+Gaming&number=24&DaysPrune=10&LastLogin=) to get the latest IP and the password to get in is, interestingly enough, "ccnet". ;)

Shawn
Apr 10th, 2002, 11:40:12 PM
The actor who played Odo from Star Trek Deep Space Nine had a role in Soul Reaver II for instance.Mark Hammil is contributing his voice to the PC game, Soldier of Fortune 2.

Rene Auberjonois, Richard Doyle and Simon Templeman (Janos Audron, Moebius and Kain, respectively) were all in Gabriel Knight 3 (which, ironically, is about vampires).

And I still remember the shock I had when playing Metal Gear Solid 2 and coming across the president... voiced by Vorador (Paul Lukather). :eek I kept expecting him to yell out "Call your dogs!" :D

To get back on subject: The name I usually play under is "Emperor Rane".

SeanDMan
Apr 11th, 2002, 01:20:30 AM
Can't forget all the fancy people in Fallout and it's sequel.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 11th, 2002, 02:10:29 AM
Mark Hamil has made a lot of money doing voices in games.

Voice acting CAN pay a lot. Going rate I heard was about 200 - 300 an hour, more if you have a "name"

ReaperFett
Apr 11th, 2002, 05:44:37 AM
and a cheat out to make the saber more realistic by slicing the torso and head too.
Thats not a cheat, its an ingame thing. Like changing the camera angle.

Voice acting CAN pay a lot. Going rate I heard was about 200 - 300 an hour, more if you have a "name"
Shot noise, fall noise, shout noise. That wont take an hour. Whyd he even get up out of bed? :)